We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2008 Volvo C70

2008 Volvo C70
Available in 1 styles:  2008 Volvo C70 2dr Convertible shown

18 city / 27 hwy

Overall

So far my favorite car of all

by grandpagus from Brookfield, WI | August 13, 2016

I just purchased a 2008 Volvo 2008 C70 T5. I have had my eyes on this for sometime. I have to say after a little under a month of ownership it has been a dream. It had 123,000 miles but in very good condition. The dealership replaced a lot of needed things before our final deal. I put about $300 in cosmetics and now I have a new car. It drives great. The grandgirls fit very nicely in the back and have a blast. It handles and drives better then any car I have ever owned. I just love looking at it.

WOW!!

by Volvoman from Arden, NC | July 16, 2016

Been searching for a dependable, comfortable, stylish, easy operating, convertible for years. (I've previously owned 5 other makes.) This may be "The One"! More room and stowage than BMWs. Not as thirsty as 8 or six cylinder models. Much more power than 4 cylinders. Indeed, seems almost as strong an engine/body weight match as my '69 Firebird V-8 was! Plus Volvo's onus upon safety. The 910 Watts ProLogic II suround sound system has 12 (twelve!) Dynaudio speakers plus two 8" sub woofers. WOOF!!! On the downside...this years model didn't come with a USB port, so I had to use the audio jack outlet in the center glove box to 'patch' my iPhone into the sound system and the result is not as powerful. It does have a 6 disk (in dash) CD. Car bought from dealer with new Hankook tires filed to the Volvo recommended 36 psi. Handling and ride was somewhat spongy. Raised tire psi to 40 which helped and improved mileage 2 mpg to 24.5 (combined driving). Put on iPd performance anti sway bar kit and voila! No more loosey goosey steering. Steering and responsiveness much improved! Car purchased used with 65,000 miles. Needed to add 1 qt. oil after only 3,000 miles. My clue (until check engine service light came on) was sooty black buildup on the rear end and 1/4 panels. The bottom of the windshield is noticeably curved which distorts view for a few inches. The inside rear view mirror can cause a blind spot in a critical front view for tall (6' individuals). Sitting lower helps but is not my first preference.) The outside rear view mirrors are located a bit too far back for may 6' seating position.

Great Car

by Rod B. from Chicago, Il | March 12, 2015

I never thought I'd own a Volvo. I brought my CPO 2008 C70 in Florida in 2011 with 31,000 miles from Westin Volvo. After owning BMW's and Mercede's this is a great car, solid, dependable and well put together. I currently have 80,000 miles, live in Chicago and did not think a convertible would work during the winters. After a change of tires from summer tires to all season tires the first winter and three winters this is still a great car. The maintenance is reasonable, the ride is good and the performance with 240 Hp is not what you would expect and this car still turns heads. When I'm done with this car I'll keep it as a back up especially since it is convertible. Rod

Awesome!

by JagXtreme from Atlanta, GA | May 13, 2014

When we "found" the Volvo C70 we were surprised that it actually wasn't in our consideration set before. And the more we drive it- the more we like it. It is so thought through, provides luxury and performance, but with modesty and modern looks. What a great combination. The engine is smooth and delivers effortless performance for normal use. The hard-top is just great and still leaves adequate space for small luggage or shopping items in the boot- even when the top is down! It is very spacious in the back for a typical convertible and it has so many wonderful features that it truly is a pure joy. We are just amazed.

Great car

by hex from Houston | November 27, 2012

Great performance. Awesome looks. Fun convertible. Smoth. It's tough to be both sexy and safe, but Volvo accomplished both in this car.

In Florida You Just Can't Go Wrong!

by Just Cruising from Tampa Florida | October 3, 2011

Love cruising around with the top down!! Smooth ride, lots of bells and whistles very classic with the real wood on the console. Tends to be a little creaky with all the moving parts but that is really my only complaint. Living in Florida you just can't go wrong with this car! Certainly is a head turner and so glad we traded our very old Honda Civic base model for something much more luxurious. Obviously no comparision. It's much nicer then the BMW Convertible we were thinking about.

C70 Exhilaration

by Silver Fox from Northeast Ohio | June 29, 2011

This car exceeded my expectations for comfort and ride. Having the automatic roof is the way to go. Car handles well and hold the road on wet surfaces. Comfortably seats 4 adults, but the ride can be windy in the back with the roof down. Dash offers a very simple to use design and is very stylish. I cannot drive the car without heads turning.

Outstanding top down touring!

by stricken from Syracuse, NY | April 30, 2011

At 6' 5" tall, finding a convertible that fits is a challenge. The Volvo C70 is comfortable, top up or down! It has a great ride, good acceleration and definitely attracts attention!

Conflicted

by Sassy from | March 30, 2011

I purchased the 2008 C70 used. I am conflicted because I have a love - dislike /annoyance relationship with my car. It is pretty. I love the look - inside and out, although the leather is cheap and they skimped on fully covering the seats with leather. It's relatively comfortable. It handles well as far as braking, accelerating and changing lanes. But, it is NOISY! LOUD! and that is ANNOYING. It sounds like a putt-putt car or a 4 cylinder with 200k miles. It's as if the engine is working overtime. I'm surprised it was given such high marks by the experts who admit the ride can be rough -- and it can be.

Awesome Car, Tricky 4 kids

by bamall from Grand Rapids, MI | August 3, 2009

I got the Celestial Blue Metallic with white interior last year for my big "5-0" and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! It handles like a king in the snow and has the manual or auto feature that ROCKS! I use it a lot in the winter. Speed, music, style and comfort are all amazing. While it is very exciting to turn heads and pass everyone like they're sitting still, it's not so fun with little kid's in the back. Too windy for them and if you can't have the top down in the summer it's no fun! Reality...wait for this kind of car when they are out of car seats! Anyone want to trade for a good SUV? :)

Featured Services for this Volvo C70