2012 Volkswagen Passat

2012 Volkswagen Passat
Available in 8 styles:  2012 Volkswagen Passat 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Very reliable and great on the road

by Joe from Rockford Illinois | October 22, 2015

At around 30K miles now and I have not had any issues. The 2.5 is a little slow off the line, but punches ahead after it gets up and going. Fuel economy has been fantastic. Quiet, awesome ride. The SE trim is great. Sometimes the Leatherette seating can be a little bit too firm on long trips. Very satisfied so far!

2012 Passat SE manual gas

by sadams from Columbus, OH | September 4, 2015

I have had this car for 3.5 years and it is approaching 60k miles. I drive 70 miles each day to and from work mostly on the freeway. I have kept every gas receipt and average 30mpg overall in Ohio weather. I don't drive like a mad man but also not like a grandpa so the gas mileage has been pretty good in my opinion. I have had to get a new battery (once) and tires (once) and oil changes every 10k miles or so and that's it. I put cheap gas in it (87) as recommended as well. Bluetooth works well with phone and all music I listen to is typically stored on the phone. I really like the 5 speed manual and you can slide it around corners if you feel like it. It is kind of a fun car. The seats are nice and the fake leather is not bad at all. No cracking at all. Front legroom is good (I am 6ft 215lbs) and with front seat all the way back I can't even touch the pedals. Rear seat is huge. Trunk is huge. I have had 4 guys and 4 sets of golf clubs and we all fit just fine and its a mid size car. Things I don't like: manual seat on passenger side but drivers side is electric. The way the drivers electric seat tilts up is strange. It is hinged in the front only and the rear of the seat goes up while front stays down. It leans you toward to dash and doesn't lift the entire seat up like toward the roof evenly. Getting the rear seats folded down is awkward as well. Everyone that rides in the back can't believe how big it is. On a side note my neighbor liked mine so much he got one as well but a TDI and his complaint is about the nav system and backup camera like it doesn't switch modes fast enough and you can be pulling away and still see the backup view. His mileage is huge though mostly freeway and around 50mpg pretty common. So two reviews. No regrets at all.

Sweet ride

by Family man from Pennsylvania | July 30, 2015

The TDI combines performance with excellent gas mileage. Includes leather or cloth. The trunk is very roomy. Seating for five is excellent, which is two front and three rear. It can include Bluetooth and navigation.

the best 1st car purchase

by IrishRed89 from Nashville, TN | July 29, 2015

this car is my first big girl purchase and it was been fabulous. I love the Bluetooth and quiet ride of the car. The engine is clean as a whistle and I can sit 5 people comfortably and with a little room to spare! Its fantastic

Great used car

by Hammerbox from Upstate New York | July 11, 2015

Purchased our Used 2012 2.5 VW Passat S. From a Dealer in November 2014, Thus far the car has been excellent. Comfortable, Great gas mileage, enough power to climb some strong hills in our area. It handles well under power. a Little sloppy in the front end sometimes under acceleration, Great economy, Ice Cold AC, Great stereo/cd player. We LOVE the VW Bluetooth Phone as it connects right to your cell phone and is completely hands free and a blessing when you are driving... Overall we wished it has just a little more power, But all in all we love the car. We would definitely recommend the Passat.

Great Car, Great Price

by Passat Man from Chattanooga, TN | May 29, 2015

Bought a 2012 VW Passat used in April, 2015. This car, made in Chattanooga, TN, is a great car, very comfortable, good performance, good gas mileage, huge back seat, and very smooth. I have toured the Chattanooga plant and know several people that work there. They are all about quality and value. This is my third Passat (1998, 2003, 2012) and think that this is the best one by far.

Love the TDI!

by Ozzywald from Boise, ID | September 5, 2014

Bought it new off the lot in 2012. Over the past 30 months I've put 71k miles on it. I love it! It's low end torque moves, and I average 42MPG (gotten as much as 51 on a 250mi trip)! The comfort at the knees could be better along with the better noise canceling on the Bluetooth for phone calls, but other than that I love this car! Tons of space in the back row and a good size trunk.

Poor excuse for a car

by Dhand from Dallas, Tx | July 14, 2014

We bought the 2012 Passat SE TDI thinking great car long term investment, but after spending a fortune we still could keep it out of the shop. Worse car I have ever owned, service manager finally told us if it was his he would trade it in. He got the engine light off for us and that's exactly what we did. Great fuel mileage, it just had problems one right after another! DON'T buy a 2012 TDI!!!!! Have no idea about newer ones.

love the passat

by therapist from az | June 28, 2014

previous volvo owner. love the passat!!! great comfort and room. superb feeling when taking the highway. much better handling than asian competitors

Das German

by Corvette nut from St Louis | June 22, 2014

I have never been happier commuting to work than I have in my Passat. 32 MPG smooth quite ride huge I mean huge back seat that accomodates my hadicapped daughter. Best bang for the buck!!! 5cyl gets out and has plenty of power and has excellent sport mode shifter.