2006 Toyota Avalon

22 city / 31 hwy

Overall

06 Avalon Ltd

by Zorm54 from Darien, Il | February 23, 2016

I bought this car from my brother, his daughter was driving it. It was a No. Carolina car. 145K mileage and some exterior damage. I have had for about 10 mos. in Chicago. Bringing it up to snuff, new tires brakes etc. It is the 4th Avalon I have owned, all were used. All great buys. Great engine, still rides nicely with up to 30 mph on long distance travel. 98 had 205k when disposed of, 01 has 216k miles still driving. 99 sold with135k used proceeds to buy 06. I like Avalons

So good, I got another one

by RealTalk1 from Midwest WI | January 4, 2016

4 years ago, 01/2012, the 06 Avalon XLS was purchased used w/130k miles. I recently traded it in (w/176,260 miles, trade offer was $4100 from dealer) for another 06 Avalon but this time the Limited trim. I don't have the navigation option, but that is fine. So as you can see, the 06 Avalon still had good value 10yrs later w/high mileage. Depends on the dealer too. Anyways, it is true about the reliability as you can see with the mileage and that is why I had no problem getting another one recently with 95k miles to start out with. The Avalon is truly a beast of a car, sorry to sound trendy with using the word "beast" but it is. The ride is luxurious and the engine is smooth and quiet and I would confidently say that this engine is the best V6 out there. This car can really move and merge. It responds to you. Very low in cost maintenance. Only wear and tear stuff. I only had to change the alternator (@175k miles), get 1 new battery, and the ignition coils, (3). You can actually do some yourself, well the front bank ones. That's the other beauty about owning an Avalon, a lot of easy DIY work. The car is 10 yrs old, but its aged well. You won't standout unless you sort of change the look like with tint and of course rims, classy rims though, but other than that or if any cons, its mostly personal preference, like for me, I wish this model/year had the AUX or Bluetooth, but I have my other tech stuff to use, but still. 08 and up I believe have these features, but that could easily be added if I wanted it. Oh, may I please add that the AVALON has the most ridiculous rear room ever. At 6'0 and with a wife that is 5'11, long trips do not hurt at all, no seat adjustments needed, sometimes she rides in the back to use the reclining rear seat, and now my daughter does it too, lol. Best family Sedan to have for room and comfort and gas mileage!!!!!! I will stick with the 3rd Generation Avalons.

Great Car-2006 Limited

by U-U-GENE from st. louis,mo | June 7, 2015

...Purchased this car about 11 months ago...I bought this car expressly to drive on the highway. However, the more I drove it, the more I began to appreciate the qualities of the car. In the city it gets good gas mileage, compared to other cars that are smaller and less comfortable.On the highway, it gets great mileage; usually 25-31MPG.It is deceivingly nimble/agile, quick,smooth,etc..I have two other cars, but when I travel by hwy., I take the Avalon.The front seats/headrests could be more comfortable though (compared to Volvo seats). Another thing,up til now,when I take it to the dealer for service, it checks out fine; with only moderate costs(so far). I recommend that anyone thinking about buying a car to test drive this one.Try it.

Most Positive Car-Buying Experience Ever!

by God's Jewel from Cordova, TN | June 15, 2014

It is a rarity to find a salesman that actually listens to the goal(s) of his customer. Jerrious Farley was very pleasant and efficient. He ensured the price was within our budget and even suggested other savings! The exchange of information between my husband and finance was effortless. Management it would be asinine to lose him. We propositioned and he delivered...customers for life!! This car is the epitome of luxury for less...wood-grain throughout, awesome radio with great bass, remote start and floats like a butterfly!!! Seeing the stars through the moon-roof is wonderful. What a deal...I am truly enjoying my 06' Avalon Limited with under 110K miles ...I don't miss my '02 Camry as much as I thought I would!

Most Comfortable Affordable Stylish Car Ever

by Prine Y! from San Diego, CA | November 14, 2013

I love my newly bought used 2006 Toyota Avalon XLS. The car runs so smooth and is roomy. I needed a large car which would have no limitations with regard to my size and this was a perfect fit and would definitely stick with The Avalon. I love this car and I'm so satisfied with my continuous search until I found the perfect fit of car. Classy, cool and yet affordable.

Toyota 4 ever

by Carlitos from Queens, NY | October 7, 2013

After 10 years with a Camry (2003 - 2013, a 98' I bought used), I retired and decided to change. I looked, and found an Avalon 2005 XLS, with 120.000 miles. Perfect shape, perfect ride, perfect price, super comfortable, looks new. A little thirsty in the city, (I drive aggressively, stop every 10 blocks). Recently I drove out country, in my way back I filled up the tank and took it on the road. The computer showed 33-34 MPG, with peaks of 35.2 MPG. With 3.5 liters engine? WOW!

Toyota Doesn't Care

by me from | September 29, 2012

I purchased a 2006 Avalon new in 2005. I, for the most part, had thought it was the best car I'd ever owned. I liked the spacious seating and the quick response when accerlerlating. However, the cd player has, on several occasions, quit working with a message "error 4" flashing on the screen. When you look in the owner's manual, it tells you to consult your dealer if this message appears. To which they tell you, you need a new stereo. My car has always been garage kept and I'm one of those retentive people that uses a sunshade. A month or so ago a small crack appeared over the passenger air bag. Within a week it was running from top to bottom. A week after that, another one showed up above the wood trim on the passenger side and is now progressing across the dash to the driver's side. I contacted a local trim shop who said the only thing I could do was order a new dash from the dealer. I went online to look up dash cracks in Totoya & Lexus and the first website that popped up was of people who also had dash cracks within just a couple of years of ownership that dated back to 2003. So, I emailed Toyota to see if they were aware of the problem and could offer any recommendations. I received the pat reply that my car was out of warranty, so it was my responsibility, I should contact my local dealer; sorry for the inconvenience. I then sent another email explaining why I wasn't pleased with some of the experiences I'd received at my local dealer. I again received the sorry for your inconvenience note, thanks for contacting us. At this point, when I really thought about some of the glitches, the poor service my dealership had, and the "I really don't care" attitude of the manufacturer, I realized that maybe my car wasn't as great as I had originally thought. With this in mind, I've come to the decision that I would never buy another Toyota product and would share my experience with others to spare them the disappointment. In today's economy, why would you want to spend your hard earned money with a company that doesn't care.

Avalon 2006

by wkw35 from Lexington, KY | July 9, 2012

My 2006 Avalon Limited is very impressive. Lots of power and gets great gas mileage (28 mpg-hwy). Very roomy inside.

Overall great value luxury vehicle

by Toyota Lover from Madison, AL | June 30, 2012

We have owned this car for 2 months now. The gas mileage has been around 25-26 which we feel is pretty good for the size of the car. The backseat is the roomiest of all the cars we were considering and was one of the main factors in our decision to buy an Avalon. The ride is great. We got the Limited model so it has every option you can possibly get - my daughter enjoys the air conditioned seats! My only complaint is that the radio reception is very poor even on local stations.

Best of the Best

by Gatorfan from Powder Springs, Ga | April 11, 2012

My wife rented an Avalon on a trip to Ohio last year and She was in awe and it takes an awful lot to impress her. I bought her an 06 limited with 67K miles. She loves it and I was so impressed after driving it I purchased an 06 Limited for me. I average 25-26 MPG in town and 30-32 on Hwy. Another benefit it has the timing gear and chain that will probably never need replacing unlike most all imports timing belts that have to be replaced every 90-100K miles for $750 to $900.

Featured Services for this Toyota Avalon