2012 Suzuki SX4

Available in 9 styles:  2012 Suzuki SX4 4dr AWD Hatchback shown

Overall

Thoroughly Impressed!

by NisSuki from Beacon, NY | December 3, 2015

For years, I had my eye on the SX4 Crossover ever since it was released. And, now, I'm finally a happy, most-satisfied owner of one! It is our second car (our main is 'a 14 Nissan Rogue SL AWD). I, honestly, couldn't be happier with our "Suki." I was already impressed when I test drove it, enough so to make a purchase. But, as I drive it every day, I like it even more. I continue to be impressed with its: solid, tank-like quality, its amazing/fun/secure handling, its maneuverability and tight turning radius, its impressive pick up/acceleration, it's confident braking, its very comfortable front seats, its amazing visibility, its feature content, its looks, its surprisingly roomy and spacious, airy interior, its great-working climate control/ventilation system (awesome heater, defroster and A/C) and more! Our Suki feels sturdy, well-built and like it'll last us a long time. And, I can't wait to test it out in the snow, up here in the Hudson Valley, NY. The only reason I don't give it a full 5 stars is because I am picky, and there are a couple of minor things that could be better. For instance: driving range isn't long because of its small fuel tank (about 10 gallons) and mediocre fuel economy (it gets only slightly better city fuel economy as our much larger Rogue, and it has yet to match the Rogue's higher highway fuel economy rating), but I understand it's because its larger and heavier than typical small hatches (which results in its solidity) and it has an AWD system (which consumes more fuel). Also, although it does have an impressively spacious interior, the back seats could have more legroom for my teenage boys (however, the car is small, so there's only so much the engineers could have done). In addition, the steering wheel only tilts and doesn't telescope, and the pedals are a bit too close for my taste, which adds to a slightly awkward driving position - fortunately, acclimation is quick so it's not a big deal and this is more than made-up-for by the super comfy front seats. Additionally, the radio has bad reception, so listening to the radio is pretty annoying - however, listening to the four-speaker system via CD or AUX input delivers impressive-for-the-segment sound. All-in-all, the SX4 AWD Crossover/Hatchback is an AWESOME buy and an AWESOME little car! We love it and DEFINITELY recommend it! It's a shame Suzuki no longer sells cars here in the U.S. I wish people would stop mindlessly flocking over to Toyota and Honda (and other bigger manufacturers), and consider other name plates - it'll be toward everyone's benefit, and companies, like Suzuki, wouldn't be forced to abandon the US market.

Hard to stop

by Pigpen from WV | August 16, 2015

I have put 135,000 miles on my 2012 SX4 . The most impressive thing about that, I'm a rural carrier delivering mail in the mountains of WV. My mail route is 92 miles every day , 45 of that dirt and gravel roads. It goes great in the snow with good snow tires. It still is going strong and still on the original clutch.

Decent Orphan Car

by suzuki enthusiast from Springfield IL | October 24, 2014

Bought 12 SX4 brand new; already put 72,000 miles on it with no problems whatsoever. Great mileage, fantastic in the snow with the AWD. I do wish they still imported them into the US

LEMON VEHICLE

by Ex Suzuki from Australia | January 20, 2014

Be warned about Suzuki customer service worst ever !! Our sx4 has big end bearing problem after just 50000 kms only lightly driven just out of warranty bought new. I would not recommend this car or any Suzuki make after how we have been treated.

My Second Used SX4

by J Carol from Rochester, NY | December 5, 2013

I purchased this car with 17,000 miles after a deer totaled my 2007 SX4 (60K miles). I swear by these cars, it's a shame they no longer make them. This car handles amazingly in ice and snow -- grips the road with its low tank-like profile & AWD. I invested nothing in the first one beyond tires, brakes and regular oil changes. Even after I hit the buck head on and (financially) totaled the car, it still ran like a top! The appraiser even offered to buy it from me.

Love My Suzuki SX4

by Proud SX4 Owner from Owego, NY | May 28, 2013

Have only owned my Suzuki SX4 since April but I love it. It gets around quick and saves on gas. I was hesitant about the CVT transmission but after driving it for a few days I am used to it. I would definitely recommend this car.

2009 SX4 CROSSOVER AWD

by RETIRED from KANSAS | October 25, 2012

I HAVE GOT OVER 65000 MILES ON THE CAR. NO MAJOR PROBLEMS. IT HAS AVERAGED 30 MPG. I LIKE THE HEATED SEATS, HEATED MIRRORS, AND THE REMOVABLE NAV SYSTEM. IT ALSO HAS AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL THAT WORKS WELL. THE 6 CD CHANGER AND RADIO WORK WELL AND SOUND GOOD. THE BLUE TOOTH WORKS GODD WITH THE CELL PHONE.

A Great Car For The Money

by Jis911 from Roxboro, N.C. | August 18, 2012

This is a very good car for your money. Great gas milage and my wife and I love the CVT transmission you know some days you feel like be more sporty than others great looking car.

long time customer

by fonzi from North Tonawanda,NY | June 14, 2012

I own 2 SX4 AWD Premium models and the performance is great , a lot of power for a 2.0 and great handling. Gas mileage on mine is 25.7 city,my wife's is 24 city, we don't do much highway driving. The AWD is fantastic in wet weather and we haven't driven them in snow yet.I wish there was more interior storage though. Sound system is great as well.Iwould recommend this car. These are my 5th & 6th vehicles from Suzuki all have performed well!

Amazing Value

by New to Suzuki from Stillwater, Minnesota | May 23, 2012

I just purchased the 2012 SX4 LE and I'm very impressed with the style and performance but mostly I'm impressed with the standard features in such an affordable car. I love the way it looks and I really like the manual 6-speed transmission on the vehicle. It is very peppy when you need it to be and it handles great. For the price it is suprisingly roomy and quiet. I had been looking at pre-owned cars with high mileage but when I compared the SX4 new to the pre-owned it was clear the SX4 was a much better value. Compared to other new vehicles in this price range the SX4 has way more standard features. Often (as is the case with the Chevy Sonic or Kia Rio) you do not get power windows or locks, power mirrors, AC or a CD player at this price but you do with the SX4 plus so much more. Compared to the Chevy Sonic or the Kia Rio this car wins hands down. Longevity of the vehicle is yet to be seen but I'm hopeful it will be good in the long haul. This is mainly a to and from work car for me and so far it has been really great. Today I got 33 mpg on the way to work. Great features, safety handling preformance, great MPG plus it's really fun to drive equals one happy customer! I'm so glad I found Suzuki and took the time to check it out!