2015 Subaru Forester

Starting MSRP

Overall

The Forester has some issues

by DahTruth from North East , USA | February 22, 2016

Overall I like it for short trips. I have a 2014 Subaru Forester . I have several issues with it after driving it for 2 years. I will try to explain. 1) Around town you may not notice it but on long trips, It becomes very uncomfortable. Here is why: The Drivers side door panel causes my knee to cramp up and hits the window and door instrument panel that is slanted. This Is totally uncomfortable on trips. 2) The CVT transmission takes many miles of driving go into high gear in the cold weather of winter Gas mileage suffers greatly. 22mpg city 25 highway--Summer it is 27mpg city and 32 mpg highway. 3) The wind noise is very high at highway speeds 60+mph after the Forister reaches 2 years old. 4) in our Limited edition with Power seats, the front seat is too close to the dash. My legs get cramps on long drives. 5) Radio could be better. 6) Rear camera is next to worthless...I can never get use to using it when backing up. I us the side mirrors.. The back up Camera is a waste of money IMO but you're forced to take it in the limited. What I Like 1)Great handling 2)Good Passing engine power 3)solid feel 4) Great Gas Milage for an SUV (when the transmission warms up, which can take a long while in the winter) 5 Visibility when driving is Great 6) Great looking Dash and Console.. The gages are Not trimmed with obtrusive shiny chrome that belongs on the wheels and not the dash or Console! 7) The Forister i have found, is the most comfortable vehicle to comfortably get in and out of. This is how I see it folks. I hope Subaru can make some of these improvements on their 2017 models which I plan to look at coming up. Happy Motoring!

No Heat

by Scroller from Coralville, IA | December 30, 2015

This car reminds me of cars I drove in the 50's when I had to put a cardboard in front of the radiator to get sufficient heat in the car. Hate to drive this car at 15 degrees or less. Can't get warm.

6-Speed Manual Review

by Beau from Guelph Ontario | September 19, 2015

I bought this vehicle a few months ago. Its the Touring model, but it is the 6-speed manual transmission. I can't speak to the CVT version, but the manual is a very smooth drive, with very capable power delivery. I moved from a 2.5i Impreza. The engine is the same, very powerful, yet good on gas. Despite being a heavier vehicle than the impreza, the power delivery is equal, allowing easy passing even at high speeds. The vehicle is very sturdy, and the suspension is a fair bit stiff for an SUV. This gives it a sharp drive with excellent control. I have never lived the buttery suspension on some vehicles as it makes cornering or driving at higher speeds feel dangerous. The interior is pretty comfortable. The seats could be a tiny bit softer, but other than that ergonomics are great and so is space. The interior styling is also amazing. Very crisp, and has all the things you need. The model I have has a sunroof, which is MASSIVE. The people in the front and back and benefit equally from it. Storage is surprisingly good, especially for a small SUV. I recently moved and I was able to take an entire queen bed and queen futon all in the same trip (mattresses easily tied on top and all the long pieces fit easily with the seats down. I'm a fairly young guy so I appreciate a sporty look as well as feel. Subaru balances that off-road look and feel with city styling and performance. I will absolutely buy another.... although thats going to be a long time since all subarus (like my last one) last forever.

My 3rd review and 12K miles later..

by KJ from PV, AZ | September 15, 2015

This is a follow-up review to my 2nd review. I have now owned my new Forester for nearly 10 months now. One problem that continues to be worked on is numerous rattles in the dash. Just recently, and after calling Subaru Corp, I got to meet with a Field Rep. regarding the rattles. The dealer has never been able to resolve this. I plan to keep this car for a long time and need the rattles fixed once and for all. Another issue is the rear view mirror sliding down into a lower position. After 2 days of driving the mirror is nearly impossible to see out the back window. Once I get a loaner car my car will have the dash pulled apart and insulated, interior mirror replaced, and both sun visors replaced due to rattles inside the slider area. Yes, I very much hate rattles. Aside from all these issues my Forester still drives great. Like other reviews the seats are a bit uncomfortable. It took me several weeks to finally get them adjusted just right. This SUV is fun to drive, has super great visibility, easy to get in and out off, and is a great road-trip car. Got to drive it once in slushy snow and it did great. Will have to wait until another winter to experience a snow storm to truly test out the AWD. I find the steering in the Forester to be very tight, which helps on windy days for the car can get pushed during a side wind. For all practical and safety reasons the Subaru Forester offers great value and security, especially when paired with the Eye Sight cameras.

Just a great SUV!!!

by Denver Driver from Denver, Colorado | August 30, 2015

I recently purchased my second Subaru Forester. I held out to get a six-speed and it was worth the wait. Rides very smooth. And it gets better gas mileage than what I was promised which is vital as I have a 50 mile per day commute. I got it from Shortline Subaru. I worked with Marvis Cobb for the second time. Marvis and all the Shortline employees are the best!! And I love this car!

The car is not bad, but I'm not satisfied

by Volodymyr from Hawaii | August 23, 2015

The car is full of great features, but there is something that dismisses them all. This email, that I've sent to subaru.com with silly hope to get a valuable answer: I have bough Forster 2015 a week ago approx. After a couple of days I've noticed that after driving ~half and hour the worm car is producing unwelcome and annoying howling, that is coming from the back. It happens at low speed ~10 m/ph. I went to my dealership. The service guy was very friendly and gave me another vehicle to test. That vehicle produced exactly the same noise. So, at this moment I understand that I'm in trouble. The dealership is not going to deal with it because most likely the car is howling "by design". This is not a first car that I bought from this dealership and I never heard anything like that in previous Outback 2013.

Our 2nd Forester the First One Was Like Family

by Salmonkev from Portland, OR | August 15, 2015

Our 2002 Forester gave up the ghost at 132,000 miles, but we got our money's worth. Advice: if the repairs cost more than the car is worth, then it's time to find another car. We knew we were going to buy another Forester. We live in the PNW and that means all kinds of harsh weather throughout the year. We get blazing heat. We gets a lot of rain. We get black ice. We get snow at times. The old Forester handled all of that and sitting in the driveway all year. So yeah, the engine, fluid systems and paint held up for 13 years and in all that abusive weather. This is my wife's car as I drive a pickup. After a great experience with the 2012 model, then seeing all the upgrades and improvements on the 2015, she never had a doubt about another one. We didn't even bother to look at other automobile brands--Subaru was it for us. Surprisingly, the maintenance schedule and estimated costs to service this model won't change much. Another benefit of Subaru. Reasonable service intervals that won't break the bank. We have middle school kids and they will be driving very soon. As was the priority when our kids grew up in the first Forester, this one is just as safe--or more so. We actually like that the Forester isn't a sexy car. We love the fact that it is utilitarian and practical, given our kids will be behind the wheel of it one day. Like their mom knows, the visibility, handling, comfort, reliability will serve them well when they learn to drive. Fortunately, the Forester will be 3 or 4 years old by then and we won't be more worried about the car than them. Given the reputation of Subaru quality and the fact they proved it to us with the first Forester, we are happy we bought another one. The wife loves this car. Me too. I can honestly say, you can't go wrong. I hope this one goes 15 years and 150,000 miles.

Just the right size car for me

by On The Go! from Long Island, New York | July 24, 2015

This car has many useful features and is rated very safe. The heated front seats will be great for the winter. Having many features at my fingertips means I don't take my eyes off the road. It is very comfortable to drive with a whole selection of seat positions, that can be adjusted to each person. Plus, the backseat passengers have plenty of leg room!

Good vehicle

by ron from Cleveland, Ohio | July 19, 2015

The upgraded model has many safety abilities, but very confusing and complicated directions for all. Manual is way too long and complicated. The backup camera screen is much much too small.Exterior styling is bland. Nothing exciting about this vehicle.

Best car that I ever had and worth every cent

by New Subaro addicted from Australia | June 26, 2015

Bought the car few weeks ago. Amazing car. I should have bought years ago if I knew how good it is. One main advantage over other SUVs is that it can drive very steep incline.