We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2014 RAM 1500

2014 RAM 1500
Available in 39 styles:  2016 RAM 1500 4x4 Crew Cab 5.6' box 140" WB shown

Overall

EcoDiesel tows 217,000 miles

by VernDiesel from Dayton, OH | September 7, 2016

2014 4WD 3.92 gear 6.4 bed used commercially. Delivers Airstream TTs boats & cargo trailers from manufacturers to dealerships sometimes additionally hauling a Harley or other cargo. Only repairs have been an alignment & light switch both at 196k. The VM Motori diesel now owned by Fiat Chrysler is efficient quiet and smooth as is the German made ZF 8 speed transmission. The truck is quieter smoother handles better and is more road compliant than any other truck thanks to the newer suspension design. (No leaf springs!) The caveat is that without the factory air suspension the coil springs are too soft when loaded heavy and need to be supplemented by one of the aftermarket axle to frame air bag companies. (TLC, Timber Grove, Air Lift) Mileage has been 30 mpg hwy at 65 mph unloaded. With a typical 26' Airstream TT 17 mpg at 65. Mine benefits from an aftermarket tune which provides an engine brake for safely descending a grade with a trailer. It also bumped the power & mileage as well as minimizing the re-circulation of EGR soot through your engine. I've had no emissions problems. The 1500 platform as well as the lil diesel has its limitations if you want to tow a 9,000 pound trailer or 33' TT or larger you would be better served by a 3/4 ton. I would definitely buy another one or recommend this truck to a friend.

Uses car for Towing

Couldn't ask for better

by Lee from Imperial, MO about 25 miles south of the Arch | August 12, 2016

This truck is awesome. Plenty of power, fantastic ride and handling. Brakes work great and stop this heavy vehicle with ease. I have the Big Horn package Truck has a rear posi-unit that makes this a thing climb out of almost anything. The sound system is the second from the best with Nav and the system is easy to navigate thru. The sound quality and bass make this the best sound system I've ever heard in a vehicle. The rotary shifter took some getting use to but after a couple of weeks it felt normal to use it. It is a crew cab and it has lots of room in it. I'm 6'5" tall and have plenty of room. Even with the front seat all the way back I can still get in the back seat and my knees barely rub the back of the front seat. Excellent well made truck.

Mpg

by Kg32 from Marion il | July 7, 2016

Great truck I feel like the mph it shows is somewhat wrong because it reads 18 to 20 mpg but that fuel needle moves way faster than it should for that "mileage" it says it's getting other than that good truck

2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4X4

by Chris from Lexington, KY | December 1, 2015

So far, the truck has done everything I've asked of it without an issue. Its built solidly, the ride is quiet and smooth for a truck and is actually as comfortable as my BMW on a road trip. The only negative is the gas mileage (14 mpg on average in mixed driving) but I knew it when I bought it. It has a 5.7 Liter Hemi with the 6 speed transmission and 3.55 rear axle so its not for the guy who has the long commute to work .

Best truck on the market.

by Florida Bob from Orlando, FL | November 21, 2015

I have owned a Sierra and driven in F150's but they just feel a little to weak to me. The Ram frame is much more solid, the engine does not work very hard compared to the Triton or GM 5.3L. If I had to sum up my thoughts they are that the Ram 1500 compares with 250/2500 gas trucks by Ford and GM. The 3.92 pulls like a monster, I think that you give up 5 or 10 percent fuel economy over the 3.21. At 70 mph I get 21 mpg, at 80 mph I get 19 mpg. When you hit the pedal at 80 mph the truck jumps forward so I feel plenty of available power. Very comfortable.

8 sp tranny BAD

by Sl from Southern california | September 19, 2015

Tranny makes a loud clunk from off the line, which is heard and felt..Been in the shop, re flashed tranny, better but not fixed.

great truck

by steve from Holiday ,Fl | September 17, 2015

I traded in my Nissan frontier to purchase a 2014 ram truck regular cab,. I have the pentastar v6 with the 8 speed transmission ,this is my first ram and I love it I have a lot of power and the gas mileage is real good . I get 22 mpg around town pulling the boat I get 19- 21. I had this on the highway I got close to 30 mpg. I love my Ram truck!

HANDS DOWN THE BETTER TRUCK

by BREWCITY from MILWAUKEE | July 17, 2015

I own a 2014 BIGHORN 5.7 CREW CAB Add ons cold air intake flow master exhaust 2in front lift Last but not least the best ADD on a CUSTOM DYNO TUNE. i added 75 hp and went from 13.5 MPG to 19.9MPG AVERAGE and i pull a 21 f00t boat . I LOVE MY TRUCK

Uses car for Towing

love this truck!

by Damien from Fort Worth, Texas | May 28, 2015

Have the Lonestar Texas edition crew cab 5.7 hemi with the MDS. Black leather interior. 32 gal tank. Average 17+ mpg so far and the power when I need it is awesome. I love this truck and enjoy every minute I spend in it. Traded in my 1 year old Cherokee that lived in the shop because of transmission problems and have not been disappointed!

Nicest truck I've owned

by Prior Ford Guy from NW Indiana | May 21, 2015

2015 Ram Limited After owning 2 F-150's (Plantinum Editions) I decided to test drive the 2015 Ram. Nicer ride, nicer cabin, and really sharp looking. Bought the Limited (5.7 Hemi) and I have all the bells and whistles. I have found this truck to be very reliable so far, getting a combined 16.9 mpg. This is the same gpm I got with the ECO Boost in the Ford. The four corner air suspension works great and comes in handy when hooking up my boat or having my elderly parents entering/exiting the vehicle. Extremely comfortable, good looking and powerful ride. What's not to like! A real head turner.