The Cayenne is Porsche's only SUV. While unorthodox for the automaker, the SUV manages to maintain a sporty nature through dynamic suspension tuning and powerful powertrains. Competitors include the BMW X6 and Land Rover Range Rover Sport.
(Skip to details on the: Porsche Cayenne Turbo S)
New for 2010
For 2010, the Cayenne receives two limited-production models, the Cayenne S Transsyberia and GTS Design Edition 3. Transsyberia models are rally-inspired editions with Porsche's height-adjusting suspension and available roof-mounted auxiliary lights. The GTS Design Edition 3 is a cosmetic package that adds styling pieces from Porsche's design team.
The Cayenne shares a strong resemblance to its Porsche-family relatives. The Cayenne Turbo gets additional front air inlets, power domes on the hood and a quartet of tailpipes.
- Power liftgate
- Power/heated side mirrors
- Rain-sensing wipers with heated washer jets
- Optional panoramic sunroof
- Optional 17-, 18-, 19-, 20- or 21-inch wheels
- Optional headlight washers
- Optional adaptive bi-xenon headlamps
The Cayenne's five-seat interior carries over mostly unchanged for 2010. Like other Porsches, the Cayenne features the make's signature instrument cluster and a sporty three-spoke steering wheel.
- Leather upholstery
- Steering-wheel-mounted cruise and audio controls
- Leather-bound dash and center console
- Optional genuine wood, carbon fiber or metal trims
- Optional 14-speaker Bose audio system
- Optional navigation system
Under the Hood
The Cayenne's base engine is a V-6, while the midlevel Cayenne gets a V-8. If you want even more power, there's a turbocharged V-8 on the Turbo and Turbo S.
- Standard full-time all-wheel drive
- 290-horsepower, 3.6-liter V-6 with 273 pounds-feet of torque (base)
- 385-hp, 4.8-liter V-8 with 369 pounds-feet of torque (S)
- 405-hp, 4.8-liter V-8 with 369 pounds-feet of torque (GTS, S Transsyberia)
- 500-hp, twin-turbocharged 4.8-liter V-8 with 516 pounds-feet of torque (Turbo)
- 540-hp, twin-turbocharged 4.8-liter V-8 with 516 pounds-feet of torque (Turbo with Power Kit)
- 550-hp, twin-turbocharged 4.8-liter V-8 with 553 pounds-feet of torque (Turbo S)
- Optional adaptive air suspension with ride control
- Optional speed-sensitive, sport-tuned steering
- Optional limited-slip differential
- Optional ceramic brakes
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
This flagship manages to muscle out more power from the Turbo's V-8. The Turbo S can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 4.7 seconds. The model comes standard with Porsche's Dynamic Chassis Control, which features active suspension control that limits body lean during sharp turns.
Unique visual features include extended wheel arches and a matte-finished grille. The dual-twin tailpipes are made of cast aluminum and were inspired by the Carrera GT's, Porsche says.
- 550-hp, twin-turbocharged 4.8-liter V-8 with 553 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission with manual shift control
- 21-inch alloy wheels, equipped with performance tires
- Leather seats, steering wheel, gearshift and dash
- Carbon fiber trim inserts
- Simulated-suede headliner Back to top
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2010 Porsche Cayenne.
Asking Price Range