We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2014 Nissan Sentra

2014 Nissan Sentra
Available in 6 styles:  2013 Nissan Sentra 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

2014 Sentra, not lighting up my world

by Legends26 from Lloydminster, Sask | July 20, 2016

Love the car, but the headlighs really suck. The headlight switch does not serve any purpose except to dim dash lights when turned on. Tail lights are on all the time & night driving is the worst I have ever seen. It's like daytime running lights only & hibeam does not help what so ever. Had car back 3 times to repair & finally decided to trade off, but after 1 year & 40,000 km, it is only worth $9,000. Time to look at another make I guess.

Reliable and simple!

by CarGuru from Salt Lake City, UT | June 14, 2016

I have a 2014 sv, It's the only Nissan I've owned so far but I love it. I've had a lot of compliments with this car, more than I expected! It's a smooth ride. I even had one friend tell me she couldn't even tell it was on when we were at a red light. It's quiet and comfortable! It is well worth the money! The only downside in my opinion is how much power it has. Accelerating is a bit of a joke, which is weird coming from Nissan but all around it is a good, good car.

Reliable and Sporty

by Nissan Fan from Tulsa, OK | June 6, 2016

This is my 4th Nissan vehicle. I've owned a 2006 Altima which was a dream car. I've also had an Xterra, and that is the BEST smaller SUV on the market. I had to replace my Altima, and found a slightly used 2014 Nissan Sentra that had most of the options. It drives very well, and consistently get better than 30 MPG with almost all city driving. The interior seems almost as large as my Altima, and it has a huge trunk. There was a recall on the transmission and my dealer took care of that very quickly. I've made two 8 hour road trips in it, and it was very comfortable and very economical to take these trips. I do not understand other reviews who find so much to dislike with this car. I truly love mine.

Car is okay, not geat, & dealin w Nissan is awful!

by Practical & pragmatic from Arizona | May 18, 2016

We bought this to drive between Phoenix Az & Denver without going broke. The rear window shattered while it was in a locked garage, within the first 2 weeks of buying the car new. The Nissan dealer in Colorado called me a liar, then said, it's not covered under the extended warranty. The ride is terrible! Every single pebble in the asphalt can be felt. The stock tires are absolute garbage. The car does not get the gas mileage it claims to get. The interior feels cheap, and various bits and pieces need to be popped back on regularly. The tires not only ride rough, but wet weather traction is almost dangerous. Nissan claims these have vented brake master cylinder caps, and the brake fluid must be changed every 12,000 miles. Maintenance on this clunk costs enough extra to make spending an extra $5K for a better car worth it. I rented one of these & liked it, but when it comes to owning one. I wish I had made another choice. Nissan hires some of the most tyrannic SOBs on the planet. They have not covered anything with the pricey extended warranty. I cannot recommend buying ANY Datsun, Nissan, or Infinity product PERIOD! All the dealerships except one in a small town suck. The car is underpowered. Handling is mediocre. It is basic transportation, and I suppose there is worse, but dealing with Nissan, has left such a bad taste in my mouth, I would not recommend any Nissan product to anyone. I find myself steering around the tiniest of potholes. I wish I had bought something else! I have put 15,000 miles on the car, and it is neither fun nor comfortable to drive. DO NOT BUY THE EXTENDED WARRANTY! IT IS USELESS!

CVT Will fail on you.

by Vherno from Janesville, WI | April 7, 2016

I have owned this car for a year and a half, and the transmission went out already, and they will not fix it. I only use the car for a commute of 60 miles, and nothing else. Nissan will not help you. They will blame you.

My 2014 Nissan Sentra S

by Jay Loving My NIssan from Roanoke Rapids, NC | November 9, 2015

I've been an owner of this vehicle since March 2015; this car is excellent on gas and drivability. This is a car that has many valuable features such as the Eco and the Sports button which allows the user to choose how they want to drive their car each day. Living in a small rural area where a car is needed to get to everywhere you go, this car is great for the value. This is my first brand new car and there is nothing bad I can say about my 2014 Nissan Sentra S; excellent car. I have become a Nissan customer and at this point intend to stay one because of the service Nissan provides and the vehicle quality.

shake and bake USA

by wallygator from imperial valley ca | July 29, 2015

bought it new drove it 2 weeks noticed vibration at sto signs when the engine ideled at 750rpm it would then go donn to 550rpm where it smoothed out . i took to the dealer and they tryed to fix that by raising the idel to 1000rpm gas mileage out the window nissan north america got invoved,they had me drive a new one it did the same thing cant make the idel stay at 550rpm because of the computer. everyone envolved tryed to fix it its just a design flaw hopefuly they will correct. i like the car i have 17,883 miles on it, in 9 months this is my 3rd sentra i wish they would have put the 2 liter engine in it .

Ambivalent towards the baby altima

by Another24 from Pennsauken,NJ | March 29, 2015

Nissan seems to have produced overall a vehicle that at best I can say is average. I can't possibly say this vehicle is outstanding by any means except maybe fuel economy. I leased the 2014 Sentra SL that seemed like a good deal with it being a leftover and priced a bit cheaper than other brands. I wasn't determined at all to get a sentra, and the only reason I went to the dealership was to cancel gap and extended warranty so that I could make my move to my next vehicle. The Sentra does deserve a bit better in the ratings that I have seen in some reviews-its a car that you can certainly live with but is not worth the expense of higher trim levels. For nearly 24k I feel the Sentra is lacking in a few areas that I know other vehicles such as the Cruze or Focus do better in. No remote start,thinly padded leather steering wheel,and poor throttle response are huge issues at this price.The car sometimes will not even move until you hit 2000 rpm + and struggles on the highway past 45 mph. I would welcome a loss in mpg for better performance as seen in the Cruze or Focus. All in all the Sentra only excels in city driving where its composed over rough roads and its weak engine performance can be masked under lower speed limits. Definitely look elsewhere for a more versatile and value oriented compact.

13k miles review

by Dp from Illinois | March 18, 2015

I have the the 2014 nissan sentra FE +SV. This is my personal vehicle. So far mileage in the city is a constant 24-26 mpg. Highway a constant 34-37 mpg and a mixed city/highway mpg of right under 32. I have gotten as much as 39.25 (cruise control the whole time) on the highway and as little as 20.25 in the city (because of cold winters with extra ethanol in the gas and warming the car up for 15 mins. almost every time). I am pleased with the car overall. I'm 6'2" 240 lbs. and sit very comfortably in the car. It is very spacious. The car does drive very smooth. CVT is still a little weird for me but that's just the nature of the transmission. I always feel the CVT droning around 20-25 mph and then it is smooth the rest of the way. Suspension is good but a bit noisy. Front driver seat does not recline forward on me unless I lift the lever and use my hand at the same time to pull the seat forward. I did notice that the paint does chip fairly easy. Guages look beautiful. A/C is ice cold, while the heat takes a while to warm the car up. Telescoping steering wheel seems pointless in this car. Also, center armrest seems a bit small and positioned a bit far back. So far 13k miles no mechanical issues whatsoever. I hope this review may have helped someone.

Boring Car

by Webguy from South West PA | March 11, 2015

I have been driving an Sentra SR for a bit over a week. I got it as a loaner because my Juke needed work done (Seat belt retractor got stuck). Car I received was new and only had 13 miles on the odometer. This is a very boring car compared to the Juke. it is really numb and floaty. Acceleration is tepid and it doesn't really get very good gas mileage. Sport mode doesn't really do much for acceleration. The interior is OK (looks a bit nicer than my Juke actually, but the Juke has a really cheap looking interior) I am not a fan of the seats they could use some lumbar adjustment. Positives Trunk is roomy. Interior is ok Car looks nice Negatives Performance and handling are uninspiring. Gas Mileage