2013 Nissan Pathfinder

Available in 8 styles:  Nissan Pathfinder 2013 shown

Overall

Disappointing

by Sir Drivesalot from Tennessee | June 26, 2016

I learned today that the nice-looking roof rack does not have adjustable cross bars since the rails are not parallel; one has to purchase a specific cargo carrier for the vehicle. I have a GMC Yukon which has a very practical, easily adjustable rack and I have to wonder why such a simple feature was overlooked in this not-so-cheap vehicle. Less-than stellar gas mileage, quite a bit of road noise (including a "whistling windshield" which had to be replaced soon after purchase) and the annoying CVT are among the issues which have made owning this vehicle a disappointment.

My wife loves it!

by Boo Radley 67 from Dallas, TX | February 16, 2016

We purchased a pre-owned 2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum edition to replace a 2009 Pathfinder that was lost is a wreck. We did an exhaustive search of all SUVs that featured 3rd row seating and my wife set her heart on the Pathfinder. She says she loves her car. When I asky why she states the interior styling, the smooth driving performance, and the ease of access to all vital components.

Never performed on gas mileage

by puronombre from Houston TX | September 24, 2015

I bought mine in December 2012. The gas m ileage was never as announced in the window sticker : 21 and 26, I only got 19 and 22. Nissan fixed the CVT issue by reprogramming the computer, after my mileage went down to 17 in city> I have not measured in highway. Nissan does not find any issues as the computer does not record a problem. Stay away of this vehicle as much as you can

Great family car

by Luv Cars from Dallas, TX | April 10, 2015

Purchased a 2013 Pathfinder new to have the room and versatility of a minivan…….without the minivan. And this has fit the bill nicely. Room to carry 7 passengers, and the third row can comfortably accommodate 2 average adults, just don't drive cross-country. When the third row is collapsed, the cargo area is ample. Driving impressions take some getting used to, particularly if you have never driven a CVT. But once "broken in", this has become a pleasure to drive. Rows one and two are very comfortable and if you get the SL with Tech package or Platinum model, the technology is excellent, especially Nissan's "Around View Monitor". This car also features some thoughtful attributes like ventilated seats (check availability) which are awesome in a hot climate, sliding and reclining rear seats, and a standard power outlet in the rear console. Gas mileage is fairly accurate as advertised once the car is broken in. One complaint, if you have big hands, don't put anything in the small tray above the gearshift knob - they may get stuck!

A Solid, Comfortable, Efficient Vehicle

by SUV Owner from Ontario, Canada | April 9, 2015

We purchased our Pathfinder SL in February 2013. Since then we have really enjoyed this vehicle. In the summer of 2013 we took it on a road trip to the east coast, about 5,000 kms return trip. It was comfortable, quiet and great on fuel. We could achieve about 700 kms on a tank (430 miles), On this trip there were two adults and two kids and it swallowed up all of our stuff with room to spare. We use the vehicle for towing our hybrid camping trailer which fully loaded is 4000lbs. With an Equalizer hitch on the vehicle it tows this without issue. We have been quite impressed with our fuel economy. Even in regular driving around town it's fuel efficiency is much better than our old Pathfinder; we regularly achieve 12L/100 kms (20 mpg). For winter we put dedicated winter tires on it and it is virtually unbeatable in snow and ice. We have had a number of recalls which have been performed at the dealer without issue. About the only complaint we have on the vehicle is the HVAC controls can be frustrating. Overall though, for the money this vehicle is hard to beat!

CVT

by leprechaun from Alabama | August 4, 2014

Purchased our 2013 in August 2013. Started experiencing shuddering/rpm surges and in November at 2361 miles the CVT was replaced. My dealer service manager told me that the problem was with the torque converter and in October 2013 it was redesigned. He stated that all Pathfinders manufactured prior to October could have CVT problems. My "new" CVT was supposedly made after the redesign. Then started a frustrating discussion with a Nissan Customer Service as I requested an extended warranty on the CVT. The Nissan rep knew just one word--NO. My frustration came mainly because of my prior Nissan, a 2007 Maxima. It was traded in on the Pathfinder due to a developing medical issue and was too low to the ground. Several years after we purchased the Maxima, Nissan sent us a 100,000 mile warranty on the CVT in the Maxima. A few owners had experienced problems so they sent extended warranties. I guess if it is their decision, it is OK but not if asked for. I did a little on line research and wrote a letter to a Nissan Vice President at Nissan HQ in Tennessee. I detailed all that had happened and my discussions tithe customer service rep. I have in my possession and extended warranty for the power train on my Pathfinder. It is valid for 7 years or 100,000 miles. I also gave a copy to my dealer service department.

Nissan Drivetrain (CVT) Problems

by Bob from California | May 9, 2014

When I bought the 2013 Pathfinders, like any new owner I was thrilled. . Except for the ongoing drivetrain (CVT) problems Nissan is having. So when my new pathfinder began shuttering, shaking and loosing power at 900 miles, I contacted customer service, who referred me to the local dealership, who with all of their up-to-date computer diagnostics, could not find the problem. I left the service department thinking “This is so strange” a brand new vehicle having a major problem. I continued to dive the vehicle experiencing the same heavy shutter and shaking; Brining the vehicle in to service again and again. . On one service call, I had the opportunity to speak with the service manager who perhaps felt obligated to explain the problem; And what he said surprised me. He said; Nissan was having a major problem with their CVT on multiple vehicles, especially the pathfinder and Altima. The problem lies within the software that was designed to operate the drivetrain. The shuttering is actually the result of damage.Nissan states, that by 1,100 miles, the drivetrain is destroyed and not replaceable. Whether, your passed 1,100 mile mark, you’ll still need to use Nissans campaign programs, and have three service calls before the service department is authorized to replace the drivetrain. Thats right, the whole drivetrain. . Nissan is well aware of the problem before you bought the vehicle. . There is no fix yet for the drivetrain and no guarantee the replacement will fix the problem. . Sadly I feel set up and very disappointed. And with what I know today, I would advise anyone who wishes to purchase a 2013 pathfinder or any vehicles with a CVT drivetrain to ask Nissan to be honest and come clean about the CVT problem before they put their customers into financial harms way.

Looked for a 6 cyl car with tow package

by sierra from Fresno, CA | May 5, 2014

We wanted a Nissan Pathfinder for towing a small trailer. We used cars.com to locate one. Everything was very easy. My husband and I highly recommend purchasing a car this way. Much less stressful than going to a car dealer.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Moonfoof Noise

by Kishor from Tampa Florida | April 14, 2014

Overall the SUV if pretty good for the price if it didn't make so much wind noise with the moonroof. After I purchased it started really driving it there is a constant noise inside the cabin. when driving due to a problem with insulation. I took this to the deanship multiple times. They got poor response from the manufacture. We test drove other cars, in the end they basically said that because I have a moon roof, I should expected some noise difference since it is not metal. If this was mild its not a problem, but it is nearly 10 decibel louder than the other SUV which is unacceptable. More interesting the dealership manager and technician agree this is beyond mild. I basically had no resolution to the problem and to accept it as poor design. I will NEVER buy another Nissan product!!

LOVE this car

by Camping in the Rockies from Denver, Colorado | April 7, 2014

Purchased the SV with a towing package in May 2013. I have driven it everywhere: long road trips, towing a pop-up camper into the Mountains and running errands. I already have 15,800 miles on it and have only changed the oil once. It has power when I need it too and it is lighter than my old SUV so it gets better gas mileage.