We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2014 Nissan LEAF

2014 Nissan LEAF
Available in 3 styles:  Nissan LEAF 2014 shown

126 city / 101 hwy

Overall

Great, if you fit the profile.

by Seattle Owner from Seattle, WA | February 15, 2016

The range is limited. As long as you are using the Leaf for commutes well under the range, you will love the car. Smooth, quiet, responsive, quick to respond and a general joy to drive. Very nice. No trips to gas stations, takes seconds to plug in and unplug. No oil changes, very little required maintenance. Reliable. How limited is the range? The EPA rating (76 miles) is too large for all conditions. I suggest commutes half that or less at most. Longer trips may require charging at the destination or on the way, and may be more bother.

A great 'around town' car

by SacTown Leaf from Sacramento, CA | January 13, 2016

I purchased a new 2014 Leaf in September 2015. The dealer had discounted it so much that it was a great deal, especially with the State and Federal rebates. I tell people that it's the 'best car for two thirds of my driving' since 7,000 miles a year I drive to work and run errands around town. My daily driving is about 20 miles so I often go 4 days and then charge up (which takes about 14 hours on a regular 110 plug). It's very quiet, comfortable, practical (love the hatchback), and has been extremely reliable so far. Cold weather (below 40 degrees) impacts range quite a bit, as well as running the AC/Heater excessively. Once you learn the 'tricks' of driving, you can coax quite a few miles per charge. In mild weather, I've driven nearly 95 miles and had another 8 miles left to go before the batteries were depleted (i.e., 100+ mile range). I would highly recommend this car to those that drive 50-60 miles per day for primarily around town driving/short highway travel. I do have a 2nd car for my highway trips/longer travel.

Good car

by Nothing from Oregon | April 30, 2014

We bought a 2011 Leaf which was not listed at the beginning. We love driving it around town. Why do I have to write. Ore than I want to just because you want me to say more.

2014 Lease on Leaf

by retired FF from Pleasant Garden, NC | February 24, 2014

The car is great. Take your time in purchasing. The dealers all wanted me to purchase a 2013. I said no and stood my ground. A 2014 Cayenne Red SL became available a few weeks ago. Decided to lease the vehicle due to possible upgrades over the next few years. Hope So. Great little runaround vehicle. Be conservative on your accelleration and you may get near the 100 mile range. Very cold weather though hurts its overall performance so be prepared and think out your trips. All I can add is have fun.

Great second car for everyone

by LoveMyLEAF from San Diego, CA | January 16, 2014

I have enjoyed driving my LEAF for well over 2 years. The Nissan LEAF deserves all of the automobile awards that it has received. Consider test-driving one to see for yourself that it is really fun to drive. The acceleration of the electric motor from a stop is amazing. Another amazing feature of the LEAF is that you can skip the gas station, smog checks and the service center and therefore save a lot of money compared to a gasoline car. The LEAF is well suited to city driving. In fact, the slower you drive, the farther it goes.

Highly recommend the Nissan Leaf!

by Nissan Leaf Enthusiast from Atlanta, GA | January 7, 2014

Go and buy a Nissan Leaf as an alternate car for your house! This is by far the best investment I have made in a vehicle. We leased the Leaf about 6 months back. As long as you drive less than 100 miles per day, you would be crazy not to get this car. The only two drawbacks are its looks and charge time. Other than that, it drives great and saves me a ton of money. Go and get it!