Mitsubishi's smallest SUV is available in ES, SE, XLS and GT trims. Front- and all-wheel-drive models are offered for all versions except the GT, which only comes with all-wheel drive. The Outlander can seat up to seven people. It competes with the Hyundai Santa Fe, Toyota RAV4 and Honda CR-V.
New for 2011
For 2011, the SE model gains a standard third seating row, and the XLS trim level gets some exterior revisions that make it resemble the top-of-the-line GT. Fuel economy also improves.
After its 2010 freshening, the 2011 Outlander changes very little, though GT models do receive special badges.
Exterior features include:
- LED taillights
- Standard rear liftgate
- Small rear tailgate flips down to make loading easier and supports up to 440 pounds
- 16- or 18-inch alloy wheels
- Available chrome-accented side sills
- Aluminum roof provides lower center of gravity
The Outlander ES can seat up to five people on front bucket seats and a 60/40-split folding second-row seat that can also tumble forward. SE, GT and XLS models can seat up to seven with a standard two-person third-row seat that can fold into the floor.
Interior features include:
- Standard air conditioning; cruise control; power windows, locks and mirrors; keyless entry; and a six-speaker CD stereo
- Optional automatic climate control, steering-wheel-mounted audio controls and Bluetooth available
- Optional 40-gigabyte hard-drive-based navigation system with real-time traffic info
- Optional leather seating surfaces
Under the Hood
ES and SE Outlanders have a 2.4-liter four-cylinder that makes 168 horsepower and a continuously variable automatic transmission. The 3.0-liter V-6 engine in the XLS and GT makes 230 hp and 215 pounds-feet of torque and drives a six-speed automatic transmission. The six-speed automatic incorporates a clutchless-manual mode that's separate from the XLS' paddle shifters.
Standard safety features include:
- All-disc antilock brakes
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags for the first and second rows
- Electronic stability system
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range