The CLS-Class includes two models: the CLS550 and the high-performance CLS63 AMG. The CLS-Class competes with the likes of the Audi A8, BMW 650 and Jaguar XK. It's known for its coupe-like styling, even though it's a sedan.
New for 2010
There are no significant changes for 2010.
The CLS-Class features a high belt line and short side windows. A distinctive body crease rises from the front wheel arch, extends across the side and continues through the contoured rear light cluster into the back bumper.
- Standard 18-inch wheels
- Optional 19-inch alloy wheels
- Standard projector-type headlights
- Optional bi-xenon headlights
- Optional automatic cornering light function with bi-xenon headlights that switches on cornering lights during a turn, pivoting to follow the driver's steering
The CLS seats up to four. The instrument panel's central speedometer is flanked by a tachometer and clock. Bar-graph displays show the fuel level and coolant temperature.
- New standard steering wheel covered in leather
- Standard six-disc CD/DVD player
- Four-zone climate control
- Standard power front seats
- Optional heated and cooled seats
- Optional massaging front seats
Under the Hood
The CLS550 and CLS63 AMG are both offered with V-8 engines, though they share very little besides their name. The CLS63 AMG's engine shares no parts with the CLS550's, improving upon the CLS550's engine in horsepower and torque.
- 382-horsepower, 5.5-liter V-8 with 391 pounds-feet of torque (CLS550)
- 507-hp, 6.3-liter V-8 with 465 pounds-feet of torque (CLS63)
- CLS63 AMG has an optional Performance Package, which includes a top speed of 186 mph, a sport suspension with stiffer brakes, 19-inch alloy wheels, a limited-slip rear differential and a sport steering wheel
Mercedes' Pre-Safe system is standard. It pre-tensions seat belts, moves the seats into a safer position and closes the sunroof if its forward-looking radar senses an impending collision.
- Standard front and rear side-impact airbags
- Standard side curtain airbags
- Standard electronic stability system
- Standard antilock brakes
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2010 Mercedes-Benz CLS550.