2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Available in 10 styles:  2012 Mercedes-Benz C350 4dr AWD 4MATIC Sedan shown

Overall

2012 Mercedes C300 4matic

by Rollingdonut from KS | January 30, 2016

Have owned the car for a year and put 12500 miles on it (has 37600) with no issues. We took it on one road trip 2200+ miles with two adults very comfortable and average 27mpg with no issues varied driving conditions. Only negative is tires, offset thus impact tire rotation and wear. Maintenance is a bite pricey at local (non dealership) shop but what is expected with German luxury. Could us a little more power.

So close to perfect...

by Dawnkey from Atlanta, GA | November 14, 2015

This car is great. Mine is the C350 (3.5L V6) with 4MATIC (AWD). It's a rocket. Mine is fully loaded with everything other than MBrace and the moving headlights (which I don't miss). It's a super classy beautiful car! Here's some pro's and con's: Pros: Accelerates REALLY QUICKLY; you cannot get the car to slide, even in the wet with the steering wheel locked and full throttle, it will still hold traction (in the 4MATIC); the display is really nice in the center of the dash and the navigation looks great (with traffic info and points of interest automatically showing); this is the only car where a black interior looks just as luxurious as a tan interior to me, my wood trim on black looks really nice and overall there's a really nice finish on materials; the fuel economy is actually pretty good for such a sporty car with a V6, I get better than 22-24 in all city/suburban/town driving; the auto windshield wipers are pretty good at figuring out when to wipe water away, the lane assist does help vibrate the wheel sometimes, and the side radar helps with not just cars that are too close beside/behind, but also if you start to change lanes too early and might hit the rear of the car in front of you. Cons: there are easy technology options that are awkwardly missing in the menus, for example: there's no "avg Mpg" or "trip Mpg" readout anywhere, just a bar chart (ironically, Ford and Chrysler have the best right now); the back up camera doesn't have any alignment lines or distance sensors, it's just a wide angle camera that actually doesn't really assist you to park or back up (I guess if you just want to see if there's a child hiding right behind your back bumper, then this is your camera); you cannot quickly switch between FM/XM favorites, they're completely different menu areas, which is weird and annoying; BUT THE WORST is the turn signal stalk which is low on the left side of the wheel, in the place you would expect the turn stalk is the cruise control stick which you are constantly activating when trying to just turn into a parking lot, It's a stupid layout issue that I think they fixed for 2014 on; when you activate the paddle shifters, I have no idea how you turn them off (go back to full auto) without putting the car in neutral and then back in drive, so once you hit a paddle, you're driving along in that gear until you max out revs or the car almost dies and the system overrides you to the next gear; the H7 headlights could be a bit brighter for my taste and the W5 parking light is as orange as an old parking lot lamp which looks super cheap and useless - I actually thought my alternator might be failing because of how dim/orange that cheap little headlight is (compared to the low/high beam lights); for a tall person, the dash area where your knee rests is a little hard (as usual for tall people); there are no seat belt handle stoppers so when you go for the seatbelt, you have to keep pulling until you can reach the handle which is all the way on the floor...how hard is it to just plug a little nub in the belt to stop the handle from dropping all the way to the floor (which is hard to reach because of the seat side bolsters)?; finally, even after a rotor and pad replacement, the brakes are just a tiny bit mushy for my expectation. When a car is this sporty at acceleration and cornering, I like brakes to be engaging, not crazy lock-up sport grippy, but a little more engaging early on in the pedal. There's a little too much travel before you get to the real brake engagement. Overall, it's really a great car just as all the other reviews you can read say. I just wanted to share this unique insider info for those people like me who get annoyed with little things. I love this car, it's awesome, but limited options in the menus and other quirks make me feel it's not as perfect as Mercedes could have done for the price. Maybe 2016 c-class will fix it all.

C350 Coupe - Power, Safe, Efficient, Reliable

by Used Cars Galore from Corona, CA | July 17, 2015

Equipped with P1 Package, Parktronic, Multimedia Package, and Lighting Package, my 2012 C350 Coupe is great fun to drive! The handling is superb, and the acceleration is as effective as coffee to get my day going. I purchased it June of 2015 used. My other options were used C250s or GLK350s. Since I was looking at used vehicles, my options were limited. However, the factors I was looking for, initially, were fuel-efficiency, space, reliability, safety, and decent performance (hence, Mercedes-Benz). For C250s, the engine feel did not seem to meet MB standards. The 2013 and newer GLK350s had pokey transmissions as if they were constantly looking for the right gear. Having test drove C250 sedans and GLK350s, I was more inclined towards the small SUV for power and space. However, before I made any final purchasing decisions, I noticed that there was one used C350 and it was a coupe. Space was a huge factor for my purchasing decisions, but its beautiful and sleek appearance caught my eye. I test drove it and immediately noticed a substantial improvement in driving quality. The acceleration was effortless and pleasantly surprising. After switching from Eco Mode to Sport Mode, the enthusiast inside of me took over. When I drive efficiently on a lot of highway, I easily attain 31+ mpg. Driving in sport mode slightly recklessly ;) I obtain approximately 23-25 mpg. Eco Mode is a great feature to keep my brick foot off the gas. It makes the engine feel laggy in comparison to Sport Mode, but it is great for saving gas and still provides plenty of power. The ride is fairly rough, as expected from a sports car. Look to the M and GL Classes for a quiet and compliant ride experience. The 2012 C350 Coupe is a petite vehicle, so if one is looking for ample space, look to the sedan variant. However, if you live alone or with one or two others, I would highly suggest this wonderful machine.

2012 MB C250 Coupe (CPO)

by ez from Rocklin, CA | March 23, 2015

I liked the idea of a car's factory warranty being extended a full year with unlimited mileage. I also REALLY liked a low mileage coupe for 2/3 the original owner's cost. Admittedly - after six months and just over 3,000 miles - this is not a long-term review. Likes: Fuel economy (35 MPG 444 mile tank - includes a round trip to Monterrey at legal speeds); Great looks - both inside and out. - looks like silver jewelry; Easy to drive with good brakes and steering. Dislikes - the complexity of the computer system(s); the automatic transmission has both performance and economy settings. At times the performance mode shift points do not induce confidence (maybe that's just me).......... The Finance Manager indicated if I put away my checkbook and used their MBFS route, the first two payments - and the first two maintenance visits would be included. Again - 6 months/3k miles now - I am very pleased.

Good purchase

by maries from Chicago, Illinois | March 21, 2015

The car is small (I didn't want anything bigger), but reliable. It's white with sand color interior. Looks fantastic and runs smooth and quietly. It's 4-matic, so it takes more gas than usual car, but I don't drive too far.

Excellent Car

by Chris from Massachusetts | October 16, 2014

I have owned all sorts of cars including all the American brands, Japanese brands, a BMW, Jaguar, and more but I have to say that my Mercedes C300 is fantastic and a cut above the competition. It rides great, is very responsive, and the creature comforts are excellent. Make sure to get the Harmon/Kardon stereo like I did. It's well worth it. My car had that along with Command navigation, backup camera and lots more. I just finished downloading all of my cds into the car's 10 Gig hard drive so no cds to fall on the floor, etc. All in all, this is a great car for the money and remember for us folks who see snow, the C300 is all wheel drive which is one of the BIG reasons why I bought the car.

Best Car I've owned

by Ben Simon from Boston | September 24, 2014

I came from an Audi A4. It's interior is by far the best in its class. Exterior styling is subjective but I believe it is the best. Its steering is great, especially in sport mode. The acceleration is significantly better when shifting manually in sport, vs automatic in economy. It really is like a first class upgrade. People are overly impressed when riding in it, they think its a much more expensive car than it really is. I would say its a great car for someone that wants a mix between sport and luxury, its not a clear luxury or sport car and that's ok.

2012 C63

by briscoea from Roseville, CA | September 2, 2014

This was the first time I'd purchased a vehicle online. Cars.com was very valuable in helping me make my decision as to which vehicle to set my heart on, and also where to find it. My buying experience was very good (but that is a reflection of the dealership I purchased it through). The C63 is an incredible vehicle - period. I was a little turned off by the fact that it does not come in manual, but after driving the 7-speed paddle-shiftable automatic, I am in Heaven! This car has incredible power, very responsive, and supurb build quality. Yes, it does seem to drink gas a bit more than, say, a C250 or C350, but hey - it has a 6.2L V8 in it! All worth it :) After owning it for almost 3 weeks, I have noticed about 16 mpg (city only). I think if I took a long trip (highway) I would probably make closer to 25 (I have heard others who drive a C63 long distances and easily get well into the 20s mpg). Impressive for such a beast of a V8. The exhaust note on this puppy is incredible. It sounds even better in person than on the videos I've seen on YouTube :) Interior and exterior are of great quality. I don't know why people complain about the interior, as I think it is fantastic! I do wish, however, there was more storage to put things like sunglasses, etc. Meh. Step on the gas petal and listen to the V8 and you'll soon stop caring about the little things and be overjoyed at this beautiful piece of German machinery you have in your hands!

Love My C250 Sedan

by James from Delray Beach Florida | August 28, 2014

I purchased my C250 Sedan from a Mercedes Dealership as CPO. I love the cars look and drive. The interior is really top quality and very easy to use. If I had any complaints it would be that the Turbo has a Lag feeling but I think that's common for Turbo.... So far its the best car I've ever owned.....

Excellent Condition

by Josh from Maryland | June 24, 2014

Car looks to be in an excellent condition. Painting looks good. I'd say the it has been taken care of very good.