Lexus' flagship LS 460 full-size sedan is available in standard form and as a limousine-like long-wheelbase LS 460 L model that stretches nearly 204 inches from bumper to bumper — 5 inches more than the standard model. The LS can seat up to five people, and both sizes are available with rear- or all-wheel drive. Competitors include the BMW 7 Series and Mercedes-Benz S-Class. An optional Advanced Parking Guidance System lets the car park itself and is one of the car's most intriguing features.
A hybrid version of the LS 460 L sedan, dubbed LS 600h L, is covered separately in the Cars.com Research section.
New for 2012
An LS Sport Authentic Special Edition is new for 2012. Based on the regular-wheelbase rear-wheel-drive LS 460, the model includes 19-inch forged alloy wheels with summer tires, Brembo brakes, a sport-tuned air suspension, a unique grille, power door closers, paddle shifters, front sport seats, a black and topaz interior color scheme, and a navigation system. Production is limited to 250 copies.
The side mirrors have integrated turn signals, and the standard 18-inch wheels have a 10-spoke design. Exterior features include:
- Xenon high-intensity-discharge headlights
- Power moonroof
- Available 19-inch wheels
- Available power rear sunshade
In the long-wheelbase variant, Lexus aims to replicate the environment of a business jet with an optional massaging 45-degree-reclining rear seat that includes an ottoman for leg support. Interior features include:
- Available voice-activated navigation system
- Available 19-speaker Mark Levinson stereo
- Available rear flip-down DVD screen on long-wheelbase models
- Long-wheelbase model offers an optional Executive Class Seating Package with a reclining right-side rear seat, a rear center console with a tray table, ventilation controls and a drink cooler
Under the Hood
The 4.6-liter V-8 engine uses direct fuel injection along with traditional port fuel injection. Mechanical features include:
- 380-horsepower, 4.6-liter V-8 with 367 pounds-feet of torque (rear-wheel drive)
- 357-hp, 4.6-liter V-8 with 344 pounds-feet of torque (all-wheel drive)
- Eight-speed automatic transmission
- Electronic power steering
- Available air suspension with selectable comfort modes
The optional Advanced Pre-Collision System, which helps detect pedestrians and apply strong braking power, is available with a camera that monitors the orientation of the driver's face. It can activate warnings if the driver isn't looking ahead for more than a few seconds. Other safety features include:
- Electronically controlled antilock brakes with brake assist and electronic brake-force distribution
- Electronic stability system
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags
- Front knee airbags
- Available rear-seat side-impact airbags
- Available backup camera with navigation system
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2012 Lexus LS 460.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range