Lexus' flagship LS 460 full-size sedan is available in standard form and as a limousine-like long-wheelbase LS 460 L model that stretches nearly 203 inches from bumper to bumper — 5 inches more than the standard model. Competitors include the BMW 7 Series and Mercedes-Benz S-Class. An optional Advanced Parking Guidance System lets the car park itself and is the car's most intriguing feature. A hybrid version of the LS 460 L sedan, dubbed LS 600h L, is covered separately in the Cars.com Research section.
New for 2009
Lexus adds an all-wheel-drive version for both regular and extended-wheelbase trims of the LS 460 for 2009.
Each new Lexus becomes incrementally more sculpted, with market pressure by more adventurous competitors eroding the company's traditionally conservative lines. The LS features an aerodynamically laid-back grille, headlights and windshield, with the hint of a BMW trunk at the rear.
- 18-inch aluminum wheels
- High-intensity-discharge headlights
- Available 19-inch wheels
In the long-wheelbase variant, Lexus aims to replicate the environment of a business jet with optional massaging, 45-degree-reclining rear seats that include an ottoman for leg support. Interior features for either LS model include:
- Standard power moonroof
- Available voice-activated navigation system; standard in LS 460 L
- Available 19-speaker Mark Levinson stereo with 8GB hard drive
- Available rear flip-down DVD entertainment system on long-wheelbase models
- Long-wheelbase model offers an optional Executive Class Seating Package with reclining seats, center console with a tray table, ventilation controls and a drink cooler
- Shorter-wheelbase LS 460 has a three-passenger backseat, while long-wheelbase version has center console and bucket seats
Under the Hood
The 4.6-liter engine uses direct fuel injection along with traditional port fuel injection.
- 380-hp, 4.6-liter V-8 with 367 pounds-feet of torque
- Eight-speed automatic transmission
- Rear- or all-wheel drive
- Direct injection
- Electronic power steering
- Available air suspension with selectable comfort modes
Safety features include:
- Electronically controlled antilock brakes with brake assist and electronic brake-force distribution
- Electronic stability system
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags
- Front knee airbags
- Available rear-seat side-impact airbags
- Available Lexus' Pre-Collision System
- Available rearview camera with navigation system
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2009 Lexus LS 460.