Land Rover's Range Rover SUV is offered with a supercharged V-8 or a naturally aspirated V-8, both derived from Jaguar engines that use drive-by-wire throttle control. It occupies a unique corner of the market; its closest competitor is the Mercedes-Benz G-Class. The Range Rover Sport model is listed separately in the Cars.com Research section.
New for 2011
For 2011, changes are minor. The exterior styling is slightly revised, and a few new features are added. An Autobiography Black 40th Anniversary Limited Edition model is new. It has unique 20-inch alloy wheels, distinctive interior and exterior styling enhancements, unique interior and exterior badging, and an exclusive exterior paint color dubbed Barolo Black.
The Range Rover gets a few minor tweaks, but the overall appearance doesn't change much. Ground clearance measures 8.7 inches, but that can rise for off-road treks. Exterior features include:
- Clamshell hood
- Horizontally split tailgate
- 19- or 20-inch alloy wheels
The Range Rover seats up to five. The interior can be trimmed in luxurious leather and genuine wood. On uplevel models, power-reclining rear seats are now available, and on the Autobiography Black 40th Anniversary Limited Edition, those seats have winged headrests and are heated and cooled. Interior features include:
- Standard three-zone automatic air conditioning
- Standard touch-screen navigation with Bluetooth compatibility
- Optional backseat DVD entertainment system
- Optional backup camera
- Optional stainless steel pedals
Under the Hood
Two 5.0-liter V-8s are available. The naturally aspirated V-8 produces 375 horsepower and 375 pounds-feet of torque. Land Rover also offers a supercharged version that generates 510 hp and delivers 461 pounds-feet of torque. Mechanical features include:
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- Terrain Response adjusts SUV's reaction to various types of terrain
Safety features include:
- Standard airbags include front-impact, front-seat-mounted side-impact airbags, side curtain airbags for all outboard occupants and a driver's knee airbag
- Antilock brakes
- All-terrain Dynamic Stability Control
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2011 Land Rover Range Rover.
Asking Price Range