Land Rover's Range Rover carries over largely unchanged from its 2008 predecessor. The SUV is offered with a supercharged V-8 or a naturally aspirated V-8, both derived from Jaguar engines that operate using drive-by-wire throttle control. It occupies a unique corner of the market; its closest competitor is the Mercedes-Benz G-Class.
The Range Rover Sport model is listed separately in the Cars.com Research section.
New for 2009
The Range Rover has no significant changes, though it does receive three new colors, softer leather in its instrument panel and new wheel designs.
Built on a 113.4-inch wheelbase, the Range Rover is 195.8 inches long overall, 77 inches wide and 74.9 inches tall. Ground clearance measures 8.7 inches, but that can rise to 11 inches for offroad treks. The SUV's wading depth is 27.6 inches and its approach angle is 29 degrees (34 degrees for off-roading).
- Clamshell hood
- Horizontally split tailgate
- 19- or 20-inch alloy wheels
The Range Rover seats up to five. The interior can be trimmed in luxurious leather and genuine wood. The Range Rover has 38.9 inches of legroom in the front seats and 35.5 in the rear.
- Standard three-zone automatic air conditioning
- Standard touch-screen navigation with Bluetooth compatibility
- Optional backseat DVD entertainment system
- Optional rearview camera
- Optional stainless steel pedals
Under the Hood
Two V-8s are available. The normally aspirated 4.4-liter V-8 produces 305 horsepower and 325 pounds-feet of torque. Land Rover also offers a supercharged 4.2-liter V-8 that generates 400 hp and delivers 420 pounds-feet of torque.
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- Terrain Response adjusts SUV's reaction to various types of terrain
- Nine standard airbags (including front-impact, seat-mounted side-impact front airbags, side curtain airbags for all outboard occupants and a driver's knee airbag)
- Antilock brakes
- All-terrain Dynamic Stability Control
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2009 Land Rover Range Rover.
Asking Price Range