2013 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque

20 city / 28 hwy

Overall

Dream Car Come True

by Ohnogto from San Digo Acura | May 10, 2016

The Evoque has been my dream car from the first day they hit the street. This car has met my expectations. I recently had the cabin filter changed which was $23.00 bucks by the way, and was given a rental SUV. It was horrible, I was back at the dealer an hour later and waited for my car to be done. Luckily it was not an overnight job. Love this car, love the getup and go, the smooth yet tight ride, and so on.

My First Range Rover

by Sprovi427 from Chicago, IL. | December 31, 2015

After years of my mouth dropping to the ground in awe every time a Range Rover passed by me on the street, I finally bit the bullet and purchased a brand new Santorini Black Evoque Pure Premium in October 2013. When I first bought my Evoque, I was hard pressed to find a feature that disappointed me. Arguably one of the best looking SUV's on the road, it handles impressively, had a killer panoramic moonroof (which doesn't open, unfortunately - but I knew this when I got the car), the xenon headlights and fog lamps were the best I had ever seen, and the comfort of the seats surpassed those of the Lexus I owned prior. However, while about a year and a half later my opinion that the Evoque is a leader in it's class hasn't changed, there are some pretty large ticket items that Land Rover needs to work on to retain its technology-inclined clientele. My biggest complain (which should be no surprise to anyone who has ever been behind the wheel of a Land Rover product) is it's nav system. Not only is it egregiously slow, but the voice command feature is will lead you to receive your AARP card in the mail sooner than it takes to enter a full address. To enter a destination using this feature, you need to go through a dozen steps that epitomize redundancy. Try entering an address the old-fashioned way and you'll realize it took so long that now you are running late for an appointment. Once you do complete the 1400 steps it takes to enter your destination and start your route, give yourself plenty of time to arrive as the Rover nav system will more likely than not take you on detours as if you have all the time in the world. My advice - stick to voice guidance on your smart phone and leave the navigation system be. You should also expect for your backup camera to render itself completely dysfunctional at about 3500 miles, surprising both you and the little old lady behind your vehicle that you don't see while reversing because the camera is completely frozen and without it you'll be hard-pressed to see anything around you. Contrary to Rover's claims of achieving fuel efficiency rates of 20 city, 28 highway, at 10 thousand miles I have yet to see my average surpass 16.3. This is especially disappointing considering I averaged 15.7 with my '05 Grand Cherokee with a 5.7-liter Hemi. The Evoque does have a good amount of positive attributes too though. For one, it handles phenomenally in the snow, especially in snow mode. Front and rear passenger seats are spacious and comfortable, even with five average sized adults during long distance journeys. When driving this car definitely gets attention. I had my rims powder-coated a high gloss black and it turns heads even more than with the chrome rims I had on it before. The trim finishes inside are nice - black leather, titanium silver accents, turn-knob shifter, large navigation screen, good sound system and the heated windshield is an amazing feature in the winter (I threw away my snow brush!...but then I realized I needed it to clean the other windows - oops!). The blind spots take a while to get used to, but once you do it's easy to feel one with the car. Pros: turns heads, great lighting for vision at night, good acceleration, nice finishes, handles great in the snow. Cons: poor gas mileage, creaks and rattles at 9500 miles, deplorable navigation system, sometimes difficult to maneuver on the highway, horrendous treatment in service department at dealerships, transmission ill matched with vehicle.

Never again for a Land Rover

by Don't let looks deceive you. from Ft Lauderdale, FL | January 21, 2015

I had to have the 2014 Evoque. Purchased in August 2014, has been in the shop for engine/transmission problems and no cure in sight. I would never recommend this vehicle or company. Beautiful vehicle, but that is it.

very nice

by darc from fort st john bc | January 13, 2015

seen one in town and fell in love with it, test drove/purchased one with the dynamic trim and it was even better then I had imagined. its not a sports car but it handles well for a crossover and at times feels sporty. gas mileage is low due partly to a very small gas tank but its not why I bought it, or I would own a civic. I have alittle over 10000kms on it but I have enjoyed every one, having seen very few like it in my travels is just an added bonus, very nice suv IMO.

Evoque

by Diet Doc from Phoenix | May 15, 2014

great car has a few quirks like not being able to switch to digital speedometer (which is available on all Evoques except the United States for 2013. It's great driving and great looking. interterior on the Dynamic trim level is superior. 825 watts stereo is great also.

Finally Got Mine.

by LoveRangerovers from Portland, Oregon | April 25, 2014

I've loved Range Rovers for years and decided last year that I would buy one after visualizing and praying since November last year and seeing it during the SuperBowl when my husband fell for it and loved the design (remember the burnt orange car with the dog and the lost scarf?). We test drove this at the dealership and ended up buying it on the spot. In fact, we'd just signed the paperwork before a couple who'd seen it earlier returned to purchase it. Since it's just the two of us at home now I drive it mostly around town and short trips and it's perfect for me. Comfortable, stylish and classy. I like the fact that you don't see a million of them on the road like we did with the Toyota Rav4 I had prior(though a great Moms car) but there are two in my neighborhood including mine yet we are in a class by ourselves and heads certainly turn when you drive by. I only wished I'd known about the Plus version to get that great looking Panoramic roof. This is Definitely the last car I'll ever buy, barring winning the Lottery.

I HATE MY EVOQUE

by NOLA Renovator from New Orleans, LA | February 17, 2014

This car looks great standing still. The sound system is great, the seats firm and comfortable, the ride decent, great gadgets - high beam assist works like a wizard - I'm an engineer and the ability for the car to figure out when to turn on and off the high beams is quite cool. HOWEVER, I get similar mpg to my 4.2 liter V-8 BMW X-5 (about 2-3 mpg more), but with a gutless 4 cylinder. At a standstill, you floor it, count to two, then the car starts accelerating. Under 3000 rpm you get nothing. At 3000 rpm, the turbo kicks in and gives you too much. It's really an issue in traffic. At 30 mph in moderate traffic, you barely give it a little gas and it drops what feels like two gears, hits 3000 rpm, snaps your head back, you get off the gas, tap the break, and start over. It is enough to make me hate driving it. I believe Land Rover realized this, as well as the horrible gas mileage, and put a 9 speed in the 2014. It's sticker is 30 mpg highway instead of 28. After shelling out mid 60's for the Dynamic version, I find myself regretting the commitment I made. I called Land Rover to see if they would take it back, and they said it is operating as designed, so no. The head mechanic at the dealership explained to me there is way too much piping between the turbo and the engine, making the turbo lag worse. I have been driving on the gravel/snow program, which reduces the hard downshifts, but decreases acceleration as well. I have never owned a vehicle I paid more for, and also hated it any more than this one. Shame on Land Rover/Tata for selling such a poorly designed vehicle.

Worth going to range rover

by Jonny from | February 17, 2014

Before I bought the amazing range rover I was buying cars from infinity they were okay but a little out of my price range then I went to Nissan I thought nice car save money but turns out not what happened so I decided to take a look at range rover so happy I did it was worth it I am getting awesome gas mileage it's comfortable and great to drive is it a little out of my price range yes but I don't care so worth it never getting any other brand the only thing is I don't get what that space is for in the middle console sort of strange but it's good to hold pretzels in

Best Car-buying Experience

by Local Rover from Hanover, MA | December 26, 2013

The title says it all! My Evoque is a luxe NE necessity, and Land Rover, Hanover, is the place to Go!

Excellent Vehicle

by Former Lexus Owner from Sturtevant, WI | December 4, 2013

I just recently purchased this vehicle in the Dynamic Premium Trim Level. I love the look, feel, and performance of the vehicle. Living in the Midwest, i recently traded in my ISF for this vehicle, and have been very pleased with the decision so far. The dealer ship was great and so is the vehicle.