2008 Kia Sportage

Available in 6 styles:  2008 Kia Sportage 4dr FWD shown

Overall

2008 Kia Sportage LX V-6 4WD

by ....Update from Proud Kia Owner! from Tarrytown, NY | December 24, 2015

Just an update to my original post back in May of 2011. Since then I have put a total of 42,000 on this vehicle and continue to not regret my purchase. This car remains very dependable and makes it up hills in the snow that more expensive 4X4's do not. Since my original post, the Kia/Hyundai brand has vastly improved and I try to tell all the Honda and Toyota buying people out there to just test drive the similar Kia or Hyundai and they will not buy any other car. I must say that the newer generation of the Sportage does not excite me much, as it is alot smaller regarding cargo room. I am waiting for the Soul to be an AWD and that will be my next purchase!

A Gem!

by Thomas from Australia | October 29, 2015

I bought my V6 Sportage new in 2008. It starts first time every time and has never let me down. On a value for money basis it is probably the best vehicle I've ever bought. I leave the Kia at our holiday house, which is interstate, so I don't get to drive it all the time. It's great and I would recomend one of this model and engine size to anyone.

Excellent

by Mom of 3 from Columbus, OH | September 5, 2015

I purchased this car in February 2013. It is the best car I have ever owned. I have owned Toyota, Honda, and Jeep. This car is very comfortable and roomy for my kids and me. It is reliable. I have not had any issues with the car. Will be keeping it until it runs out. Definitely a good purchase.

Love my sportage. All hail the Sage Machine!!!

by Krissy from Newark Ohio | February 9, 2015

My grandmother bought me this car for my first vehicle. I love it is is comfortable for me and comfortable for my service dog. It has room and versitility would not trade it for the world. Gets great gas mileage as well. Has 130 k miles and still runs great. I would highly recommend this to anyone thinking of getting a smaller suv. I will most likely trade it towards another kia when I eventually do get another vehicle.

Most Reliable car I have ever owned!

by jessie from Parrish Fl | May 16, 2014

Bought my Sportage new in 2008. Not one problem. Did buy new tires and battery. Will drive my Kia forever!

Great SUV for the money

by C141Load from O'Fallon IL | January 13, 2014

Bought this SUV used. Excellent in snow, tracks well, lots of room, tons of cup holders, plenty of power, not great gas mileage, overall seems to be reliable.

LIKE IT

by DOG PERSON from COLUMBUS, OHIO | January 20, 2013

HAS BEEN A GOOD CAR SO FAR. EASY SEAT MOVEMENT. BACK SEATS LAY DOWN EASY AND FLAT. EASY 1 BUTTON INTO 4 WHEEL DRIVE! SITS UP EASY TO GET IN AND OUT. NICE CAR!

Great Family Small SUV

by Cruisin mt from Richmond , va | June 4, 2012

Have only had the car for two months and a, pleased so far. Am averaging 22 mpg in mostly city driving and 25 highway. Not the greatest pickup but drives well 65-75 mph and does not feel like you're going that fast. Definitely would recommend and will consider newer model for next purchase.

2008 Kia Sportage LX V6 4WD

by Proud Kia owner!!! from Tarrytown, NY | January 14, 2012

I had the 2001 model and owned it for nearly 10 years. When it came time to purchase a new car I bought a 'used' 2008 Sportage with just over 10K miles on it. This SUV is awesome and looks great!! Other then the gas mileage, I have been very happy with my choice. The Kia nameplate gets allot of negative press but I noticed that when it comes to owner reviews, it does better then the Honda CR-V and the Toyota Rav 4. Just look for yourself, if you don't believe me. There is PLENTY of cargo room and it handles great in the snow. I plan on enjoying this Sportage as long as I enjoyed the last one. See you again in 2020 when I purchase my next Kia.

very enjoyable automobile

by canoe people from MN | January 2, 2012

Excellent transport for our situation in MN. Very sure footed, comfy, good ride, attractive, everything works together nicely. The V-6 for this year(2008) gets less gas mileage than later models. We like it.

Featured Services for this Kia Sportage