2014 Kia Sorento

Available in 10 styles:  2014 Kia Sorento 4dr AWD shown

Overall

Pleasant Experience

by Mazda from Lawrence KIA | April 16, 2016

The vehicle is very comfortable and styled nicely. Has a lot of features for the money. Wonderful product overall.

the best reliable car owned

by suv new car enthusiast from Louisville, Ky. | February 10, 2016

excellent handling, great visibility, and great mileage, in spite of a very stiff ride which is unacceptable for a 2011 model.

Battery problems

by birdwoman from | October 25, 2015

After buying this vehicle in December 2013, we were at a time happy with it. Within 6 months we had a dead battery, the Dealership replaced it with a "better battery". Now just over one year of replacing it, we are having the same issues. Our car is driven every day, and about 13000 miles a year. I am becoming concerned with KIA. I guess the good thing is that we live near the Dealership and they have always given us quick service..

Worth it and worry 50-50 - Overall ok

by sorento76 from Ampang, Selangor | June 2, 2015

big space, increase confident level while driving. Soft and smooth steering, changing gear, from idle to back/forward...sometimes can feel like the gear knob "stuck" for a few sec...the A/C., similar to other cases, sent to kia service center, their finding : compressor not working / damaged (they claimed due to a very small stone or sand)...the rest, OK...mm..another one, well known since last 2 years (before i bought it), vibration especially in "stop" or "idle" position..anyone can help..?

Kia Sorento

by Never getting another Kia from Sparks, NV | May 6, 2015

We purchased a used 2014 Kia Sorento about 3 months ago. In that short time, it has failed to start about 4 times. After running diagnostics, the Kia dealership told us that everything looks good on the car and that this is a known problem with this model and there is no known fix. Do a search on this and you will see for yourself how common it is (going back years). Kia hasn't bothered to figure out the problem or issue a recall. The dealership is suggesting that this is normal behaviour for the car and maybe we should just have a neighbor charge the battery if we aren't going to be able to drive it for a couple of days. The dealership and the company aren't standing behind their product and apparently don't value repeat sales.

awesome

by merky from Bronx ny | April 30, 2015

This so far has been one of the best cars i have purchased. My entire family loves it! Even my dog! Lol. Its very spacious drives smooth handles well on curves and bumps and rough terrain. Im am just flabbergasted.

Worth the Wait

by DealGirlSX from Little Rock, Ar | April 5, 2015

I looked all over for a 2014 Kia Sorento SX. After searching for about two months I found one, the perfect one 8.5 hours away in Lexington, Ky! I love this vehicle inside and out. The best part is I saved thousands!!!!

Third Kia

by Virgo Girl from Little Rock, AR | February 16, 2015

The 2014 is my third Kia and my second Sorento. I must say the 2004 was made much better. The engine was more quiet. The 2004 was a V6 and cost less. The interior was more plush as well. In the 2014 I'm constantly resetting the audio. Some days there's no sound and the bass doesn't work until the car has warmed up. Geeze! The engine sounds like a lawn mower. This may be my last Kia.

3rd Time in the shop within 1st year! Brand New!

by Kia Love is fading quickly! from Littleton, Colorado | November 30, 2014

Leased my 2014 Kia Sorento in December of 2013 - 1st issue was within days. The radio went out - had to have it replaced. Good news it was in and out of the shop within a couple days. Dealership gave me a loaner - so okay on we go. 2nd issue - overhead dome light went out last month - you would think they could just replace the lightbulb? NOPE they had to replace the entire housing unit for the overhead lights, part ordered, in shop for a couple hours - ok on we go. This time - my car would not start! Got to tell you, I am not feeling the love for my vehicle right now. It has been in the shop for a week now with little hope in sight - mechanics have no idea what is wrong with it and it is torn to bits - the glove box has been removed, wires are exposed from front to back and are hanging everywhere. The good news - its all covered, the bad news, not sure if this thing is ever going to be the same? When all is running and in working order to be honest I love this SUV, it handles great! The stabilization is incredible and saved not only my life but that of my children when we were side swiped going 75 MPH on the highway. It handles great in AWD mode with traction control. We have the model that has every bell and whistle just short of the heated steering wheel. My only complaint till this last issue was that I wish it got better gas mileage. Now as these problems continue to arise I am wondering if they perhaps released this model a bit early? Maybe they needed to take a little more time to work out the bugs cuz mine seems to have several! Its a bit disappointing.

A/C bombed after 6 months! Worst performance

by Not a fan of Kia from Port of Spain Trinidad | November 26, 2014

Upon a friend's recommendation, I purchased the KIA Sorento (2014) in late May 2014. I noticed some "irregularities" with the functioning of the A/C but didn't pay it too much attention - believing I was becoming menopausal. The A/C finally conked out in November. I was told the compressor went bad. I questioned the occurrence of this so early in the car's life to told "manufacturing defect": Needless to say, I was not impressed as I live in a tropical climate and didn't have the use of my car for 5 days as the car company's A/C technical was unavailable. The service from the dealership was very poor, and this also contributed to my poor rating of the car. The overall experience left me with significant "buyer's remorse". I will not be purchasing another. In fact, were it not for the fact that I would experience a considerable loss in selling the car, I would certainly do so.