Breaking with segment trends, the Rondo is much smaller than most other vehicles with three rows of seats. It slots below Kia's larger Sedona and competes with the other mini-minivan on the market, the Mazda5.
With its third-row bench, the Rondo can seat seven. There is a choice of a four-cylinder engine or a small V-6.
New for 2010
A two-person third-row seat is now standard on all trim levels, which also get turn-signal indicators in the side mirrors and an EcoMinder indicator that rewards efficient driving by turning green.
The Rondo has a two-tier grille, large headlights and openings on each side of the bumper that can house optional fog lights. An accessory body kit includes fender flares and ground effects for visual flare.
- New designs for 16- and 17-inch wheels
- Standard power mirrors
- Standard automatic headlamps
- Optional roof rails
- Optional chrome door handles and side moldings
- Optional power sunroof
- Optional fog lamps
The Rondo now has three standard rows of seats that can accommodate seven people, though larger passengers won't want to climb into the third row.
The Rondo's interior features rounded dashboard panels and air vents. The gauges and center controls have orange illumination. The Rondo has some innovative storage solutions, including a dashboard shelf atop the glove compartment.
- Standard air conditioning
- Standard power windows and locks
- Standard keyless entry
- Standard 50/50-split third-row bench
- Standard USB and auxiliary inputs
- Optional heated front seats
- Optional leather-wrapped steering wheel and gearshift
- Optional navigation system
- Optional Infinity six-disc CD changer with eight-speaker audio system
Under the Hood
The Rondo comes with either a four- or five-speed automatic transmission, depending on the powertrain. Both transmissions have a gated shifter with a manual-shift mode.
- 175-horsepower, 2.4-liter four-cylinder with 169 pounds-feet of torque
- 192-hp, 2.7-liter V-6 with 184 pounds-feet of torque
- Four-speed automatic transmission with four-cylinder
- Five-speed automatic transmission with V-6
- Standard side curtain airbags for all three rows
- Standard side-impact airbags
- Standard active head restraints in front
- Standard antilock brakes
- Standard electronic stability system