2015 Jeep Cherokee

Starting MSRP

Overall

Jeep- Reliable/Affordable

by Felicia from Hutchinson, MN | December 11, 2015

I purchased my new 2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited! My car handles well, very comfortable to drive in, affordable and looks great! Love the navigation of this car, the other apps, and options this car has, heated seats, steering wheel and heated windshield wiper placement is awesome, especially living in MN. Great car over all!

Update of 5/30 Review

by Matt from Dunmore, PA | November 21, 2015

This is an update of my review from 5/30/2015. I now have just under 11,000 miles. Overall I am still satisfied with my Jeep and would do the same purchase all over again. There have been two minor issues since purchase. The first is that my stereo would freeze, getting stuck on the Jeep logo. Being that the climate controls are a part of the same system, I would lose control of them as well when this would happen. I was able to fix this issue quite easily by going to the Uconnect website, entering my VIN and downloading the update file on a flash drive. The whole process took about a half hour and was easy as long as you're not adverse to using a computer. What I also like is the fact that, by doing the fix myself, I didn't have to waste time at the dealer. Another plus with the update is that the car started reading my texts! The 2nd issue is that a squeak has developed in the rear seat area. I think it has something to do with the adjustable seat as the squeak goes away depending on how the seat is adjusted. My fiancée and I have taken the Jeep on a couple long road trips... a two hour trip to the Catskills and a five hour trip to Cape May. We found it to be a worthy road trip companion and were always comfortable the whole way. The Jeep also had no trouble carrying all of our luggage. Fuel mileage was 26-27 MPG on the first trip and 28 on the second. With the weather getting colder, I was able to try out the remote start, heated seats and heated steering wheel. All three are great features and worth the extra price. I used to think that a heated steering wheel was a pointless and frivolous feature but, after using it, I understand the point. Unfortunately (or fortunately), there has yet to be any snow so I cannot comment on the AWD. I will say that I thought the Sport mode was a gimmick but it really does make a difference in acceleration and handling. It lets the engine rev higher and holds lower gears longer for better acceleration. The system also switches the AWD to a RWD bias which helps in the curves. The only negative, of course, is more fuel consumption. Overall, I think this thing handles and stops better than my 2011 Avenger. I have two other minor complaints. The first is that, like my earlier complaint about the temperature controls, the vent setting adjustment needs to be rethought. You have to go a couple menus deep to adjust the vents. My second minor complaint is how come everything from the reading lamp controls to the cup holders are lit but the power mirror switch isn't?

Loving the Latitude

by Colinweingarten from Eau Claire, WI | November 16, 2015

Initially purchased my 2015 Cherokee Latitude in mid July 2015 and have almost 3000 miles on the vehicle so far. Driving experience has been very good, the V6 has considerable power considering the weight, and it can really move when you need it to. Interior is very nice, especially the heated steering wheel and seats /w the Cold Weather package. Storage is a bit limited with the seats up, it's only a marginal improvement over a sedan in that regard. With the seats down the storage space is considerably better, especially with the folding front passenger seat for larger items. There are a considerable number of hooks and clamps that make good use of what limited space there is. Lots of small cubby holes for glasses and items. Extra storage space under the front passenger seat in what I've started to call the 'smuggling compartment'. Leather covers the top dash nicely and the steering wheel is also leather, which is quite comfortable. I only have the standard cloth seats, but they are ergonomic and it's easy to drive longer distances more comfortably. I enjoy the little details, like the interior lighting for the cup holders, and the little plastic bumpers that make sure your mug doesn't rattle around when you are taking a turn. I have the ADII option, so fuel economy took a bit of a hit. I'm averaging about 25-28 combined. That more then acceptable for me, and it exceeds my prior vehicle. For anyone considering purchasing, I would strongly recommend getting the towing package if you go with the V6 engine. It more then doubles the towing capacity (2000 vs 4500 lbs), but it also includes auxiliary cooling for the engine and transmission that is very useful to have regardless if you are towing or not for a nominal extra cost. Repair-wise, I've had a variety of TSBs applied for software flashes to the transmission, power train, and body modules. I can report that the shifting is noticeably smoother now, and fuel economy is slightly improved. The most serious problem so far was an electrical gremlin related to a pinched wire in the front driver seat, but it was covered completely by warranty. Overall I would recommend this car for anyone who wants good 4x4 capability and towing in a vehicle that's comfortable to drive.

More than just a Jeep!

by Jeep Fan for Life from Vernal, Utah | November 12, 2015

When the all new Jeep Cherokee first came out for 2014 I first thought was "this isn't a Jeep, it's ugly!" But, after some time I began to recognize a pattern that the automotive market was following, and I began to realize that the all new Jeep Cherokee was running along the same path as the rest of the automotive manufacturers, but with a unique style that only Jeep can do. The on road mannerisms are very tame, but you know that you've got a beast (with the optional V6) that's waiting to be unleashed when you take on the mountain passes and the off road terrain (in the Trailhawk option). It's a perfect blend of luxury, sport, and off road capability that makes this Jeep a huge winner for me. Although my option has a higher price tag, it's well worth the money for a well engineered package. My only downfall is, why did it take me so long to buy one?

So far... Love it!

by Sly73 from Gatineau, QC | November 6, 2015

My wife and I decided to buy the Jeep Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6. We had a few more models in mind but when we test drove this baby, it was love at first site! The exterior... - Dual exhaust look is awesome - Rims look nice - Wasn't too sure about the front end but it grows on you - Love the LED lights - Love the raised hood in the middle The interior... - Leather seats are really comfortable - ride is quiet - heated steering FINALLY! - shifting of the 9 speed tranny is a bit awkward but not really an issue for me - a bit disappointed in the backup camera picture quality, specially at night. (grainy picture) - Alpine speakers sound is absolutely amazing!! So far we love it and can't wait to drive it the winter! Hope Jeep will fix the camera quality, might be software or hardware related, I don't know. Oh and I can't wait to get a camper, this baby can pull up to 4500 pounds so that gives us more camper models to choose from. :)

Great Small SUV

by sallyjane from Little Rock, AR | November 2, 2015

I've had my 2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited for 3 months now and I have nothing but praise to sing for it. The car has a high-end look for a fraction of the luxery price. The ride is smooth and quiet, the features are easy to figure out, and the gas mileage is very close to what I had in my compact sedan. Very happy with this purchase!

Great Car

by None from New York, New York | October 9, 2015

Great value. Has all luxury features of a much more expensive car. Perfect size for my particular needs

Love my Jeep

by Jeep Fan from MA | September 29, 2015

Purchased a Jeep and I love it. It is reliable and comfortable. I have already driven quite extensively and have had no issues at all. Highly recommended! I purchased it in Natick, MA. I worked with Scott who was easy and a pleasure to work with. Everyone I met was great. I'm very happy with my purchase and highly recommend

First Jeep

by Mean green machine. from Kirkland, WA | September 21, 2015

Drive the vehicle before you drive it there are a lot of adds to the Jeep and make sure you get the options you need. I at first want the Stop/Go option. Then looked at the reviews and changed by mind. 31MPG on the FWD 4 cylinder is good for commuting. Back up camera is a must hard to see out the back otherwise. The padding on the front seats could be wider. I feel the frame of the seat every time I get out of the Jeep.

Jeep with Cush for yer tush

by Drborheyyou from Lr AR | September 20, 2015

Don't know why, but I thought there' d be a tow hitch & floor mats. Great a/c. Surprised to find empty windshield washer reservoir .

Uses car for Towing