2015 Jeep Cherokee

2015 Jeep Cherokee
Available in 7 styles:  2016 Jeep Cherokee 4dr FWD shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

My first car, still love it like day one.

by AJ from | June 1, 2016

This is my first vehicle, which I purchased in September 2015. I was in the market for a Mercedes c400, however I decided that due to the winters in my hometown, and the overall cost difference for parts, labor, etc, that it would be more logical for me to start with the Jeep Cherokee, as it came with the V6 option, test drove really well, and would be much better (in my opinion) during the extreme snow seasons. It has been nearly a year now, and I have nothing bad to say about this vehicle. It runs great, it isn't exactly the most fuel efficient, however it's not the worst either, it shreds through snow like it isn't even there, it handles very well and is generally a comfortable ride. The ONLY issue I've had with my vehicle is the known issue in which you put the car into reverse which activates the back-up sensors, and if while reversing, a person or car quickly passes by and is detected by the sensors, it will cause an annoying and non-stop sensor beep. The only way to stop it is to turn off the vehicle, and wait a couple minutes. But this is EXTREMELY RARE, as it's only happened to me 2-3 times in the last 8 months, so realistically it's not much of an issue. I would highly recommend this vehicle, I've been nothing but satisfied with my purchase. It is quite spacious, both in the front and in the back (I'm 6 foot 5, so that's no exaggeration) the touch screen console is very simple to use, which means my eyes stay on the road, and the safety features, as well as driving settings are both extremely helpful and significantly differentiated between each other.

2015 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 So far So good

by ProudDad72 from Cleveland, Ohio | March 1, 2016

This is my first ever JEEP and I just loved they way this vehicle looked, especially from the front and the daytime running lights (which I thought were headlights at first) I bought this JEEP back in May 2015 brand new. It's been 9 months and I have over 23,000 miles on it with no problems yet (except slight glitch with radio touch screen a few times) Turning car of and back on fixed the problem. I've been in for 2 oil services 3rd one is soon (gets about 8k miles between oil changes) and I had any new updates for the UConnect done while it was in the shop. It has nice power, comfortable ride. The 8.4" touchscreen radio sounds awesome for a factory system with really decent highs and low bass. I really enjoy just driving in this vehicle and listening to the radio. The hands free calls are super clear sounding and works great. I like that we can view our text messages on screen or even have them read to us with 1 touch of a button. Heated seats and steering wheel is great sometimes even in the summer time while I have the air on, it feels great with the heat on my back and bottom after a long day working. I have my heated seat set so that anytime its below 40 degrees outside the heated seats and steering wheel come on automatically :) I've read some horror stories about Transmissions and yes it scares me. But so far I haven't had one problem with mine and hope it last the 180k miles I plan on using it for over the next 5 more years

Small Gas Tank and Not Designed for Cold Weather

by CML51 from Sudbury ON | February 15, 2016

I have owned several Jeep Grand Cherokees over the years, all of which lasted more than 10 years and all of which I loved. I was attracted by the better fuel economy and start/stop technology of the Cherokee. It is comfortable, drives well, the backup camera is great, and the controls are mostly very intuitive, but the gas tank is small (explaining how they get such good fuel economy numbers) and it is not designed for cold weather. Despite buying it in northern Ontario and getting all of the cold-weather options, I have never owned a car where the doors freeze so often and will not open without considerable effort and sometimes will then not close, where the windows remain frozen tight for months, and that is so cold on the legs (must be am air circulation effect whereby hot air rising from the vents is pushing cold air from the rear back on the driver's legs). Good thing I have the heated seats and steering wheel or it would be undrivable. Snow easily clogs the windshield wiper well and is difficult to remove. Back wiper cannot be raised enough to get ice off the blade. Headlights are almost always covered in ice (they must warm the snow, which then freezes). Pity, as otherwise a very nice vehicle.

Jeep- Reliable/Affordable

by Felicia from Hutchinson, MN | December 11, 2015

I purchased my new 2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited! My car handles well, very comfortable to drive in, affordable and looks great! Love the navigation of this car, the other apps, and options this car has, heated seats, steering wheel and heated windshield wiper placement is awesome, especially living in MN. Great car over all!

Update of 5/30 Review

by Matt from Dunmore, PA | November 21, 2015

This is an update of my review from 5/30/2015. I now have just under 11,000 miles. Overall I am still satisfied with my Jeep and would do the same purchase all over again. There have been two minor issues since purchase. The first is that my stereo would freeze, getting stuck on the Jeep logo. Being that the climate controls are a part of the same system, I would lose control of them as well when this would happen. I was able to fix this issue quite easily by going to the Uconnect website, entering my VIN and downloading the update file on a flash drive. The whole process took about a half hour and was easy as long as you're not adverse to using a computer. What I also like is the fact that, by doing the fix myself, I didn't have to waste time at the dealer. Another plus with the update is that the car started reading my texts! The 2nd issue is that a squeak has developed in the rear seat area. I think it has something to do with the adjustable seat as the squeak goes away depending on how the seat is adjusted. My fiancée and I have taken the Jeep on a couple long road trips... a two hour trip to the Catskills and a five hour trip to Cape May. We found it to be a worthy road trip companion and were always comfortable the whole way. The Jeep also had no trouble carrying all of our luggage. Fuel mileage was 26-27 MPG on the first trip and 28 on the second. With the weather getting colder, I was able to try out the remote start, heated seats and heated steering wheel. All three are great features and worth the extra price. I used to think that a heated steering wheel was a pointless and frivolous feature but, after using it, I understand the point. Unfortunately (or fortunately), there has yet to be any snow so I cannot comment on the AWD. I will say that I thought the Sport mode was a gimmick but it really does make a difference in acceleration and handling. It lets the engine rev higher and holds lower gears longer for better acceleration. The system also switches the AWD to a RWD bias which helps in the curves. The only negative, of course, is more fuel consumption. Overall, I think this thing handles and stops better than my 2011 Avenger. I have two other minor complaints. The first is that, like my earlier complaint about the temperature controls, the vent setting adjustment needs to be rethought. You have to go a couple menus deep to adjust the vents. My second minor complaint is how come everything from the reading lamp controls to the cup holders are lit but the power mirror switch isn't?

Loving the Latitude

by Colinweingarten from Eau Claire, WI | November 16, 2015

Initially purchased my 2015 Cherokee Latitude in mid July 2015 and have almost 3000 miles on the vehicle so far. Driving experience has been very good, the V6 has considerable power considering the weight, and it can really move when you need it to. Interior is very nice, especially the heated steering wheel and seats /w the Cold Weather package. Storage is a bit limited with the seats up, it's only a marginal improvement over a sedan in that regard. With the seats down the storage space is considerably better, especially with the folding front passenger seat for larger items. There are a considerable number of hooks and clamps that make good use of what limited space there is. Lots of small cubby holes for glasses and items. Extra storage space under the front passenger seat in what I've started to call the 'smuggling compartment'. Leather covers the top dash nicely and the steering wheel is also leather, which is quite comfortable. I only have the standard cloth seats, but they are ergonomic and it's easy to drive longer distances more comfortably. I enjoy the little details, like the interior lighting for the cup holders, and the little plastic bumpers that make sure your mug doesn't rattle around when you are taking a turn. I have the ADII option, so fuel economy took a bit of a hit. I'm averaging about 25-28 combined. That more then acceptable for me, and it exceeds my prior vehicle. For anyone considering purchasing, I would strongly recommend getting the towing package if you go with the V6 engine. It more then doubles the towing capacity (2000 vs 4500 lbs), but it also includes auxiliary cooling for the engine and transmission that is very useful to have regardless if you are towing or not for a nominal extra cost. Repair-wise, I've had a variety of TSBs applied for software flashes to the transmission, power train, and body modules. I can report that the shifting is noticeably smoother now, and fuel economy is slightly improved. The most serious problem so far was an electrical gremlin related to a pinched wire in the front driver seat, but it was covered completely by warranty. Overall I would recommend this car for anyone who wants good 4x4 capability and towing in a vehicle that's comfortable to drive.

More than just a Jeep!

by Jeep Fan for Life from Vernal, Utah | November 12, 2015

When the all new Jeep Cherokee first came out for 2014 I first thought was "this isn't a Jeep, it's ugly!" But, after some time I began to recognize a pattern that the automotive market was following, and I began to realize that the all new Jeep Cherokee was running along the same path as the rest of the automotive manufacturers, but with a unique style that only Jeep can do. The on road mannerisms are very tame, but you know that you've got a beast (with the optional V6) that's waiting to be unleashed when you take on the mountain passes and the off road terrain (in the Trailhawk option). It's a perfect blend of luxury, sport, and off road capability that makes this Jeep a huge winner for me. Although my option has a higher price tag, it's well worth the money for a well engineered package. My only downfall is, why did it take me so long to buy one?

So far... Love it!

by Sly73 from Gatineau, QC | November 6, 2015

My wife and I decided to buy the Jeep Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6. We had a few more models in mind but when we test drove this baby, it was love at first site! The exterior... - Dual exhaust look is awesome - Rims look nice - Wasn't too sure about the front end but it grows on you - Love the LED lights - Love the raised hood in the middle The interior... - Leather seats are really comfortable - ride is quiet - heated steering FINALLY! - shifting of the 9 speed tranny is a bit awkward but not really an issue for me - a bit disappointed in the backup camera picture quality, specially at night. (grainy picture) - Alpine speakers sound is absolutely amazing!! So far we love it and can't wait to drive it the winter! Hope Jeep will fix the camera quality, might be software or hardware related, I don't know. Oh and I can't wait to get a camper, this baby can pull up to 4500 pounds so that gives us more camper models to choose from. :)

Great Small SUV

by sallyjane from Little Rock, AR | November 2, 2015

I've had my 2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited for 3 months now and I have nothing but praise to sing for it. The car has a high-end look for a fraction of the luxery price. The ride is smooth and quiet, the features are easy to figure out, and the gas mileage is very close to what I had in my compact sedan. Very happy with this purchase!

Great Car

by None from New York, New York | October 9, 2015

Great value. Has all luxury features of a much more expensive car. Perfect size for my particular needs