2014 Hyundai Veloster

Available in 8 styles:  2013 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback shown

Overall

Fun, fast, and practical

by GrumpyJarhead from Cleveland, OH | December 3, 2015

Found myself in my early 50's tired of driving mid-sized sedans. Wanted something fun! Something fast! Considered a muscle car, but rear wheel drive in Cleveland winters pretty much killed that idea, not to mention the added insurance costs. Low and behold, a new ultra-black 2014 Turbo sits in the dealer showroom in November of 2015. I'd seen them, though they looked cool, but didn't know much about them. Had them wheel it out and took it for a spin. I fell in love! Heated leather sport seats, all the gizmos and doo-dads I could want, like push button start, a nice big screen infotainment system, backup camera, heated mirrors. And this thing really likes to get up and go. The power curve is fantastic. Granted, I'm not going to be taking it to the track. I don't care if a GTI can beat it off the line or a Focus ST can beat it in the quarter mile. I'm going to be driving it to work, on weekend road trips, around town, and along the lake-shore in the summer. It's got more than enough power to get me into trouble. It's extremely well behaved and feels well stuck to the road. It gets lots of looks, even after being out for a few years. That front end is just plain menacing, especially on an all black car. We've had Kia's in my family for 10 years. I trust Kia / Hyundai. It's hard to beat the warranty. Oh, and it's good on gas! Runs well on regular! What more could one ask for?

Most reliable car but also bad car

by cici from | April 6, 2015

I own a 2014 hyundai veloster. I have had 2 other hyundai's in my life & they have been very reliable! That is no question. But, this veloster really angers me! The door is too heavy to open( especially for women- the mechanics and designers were idiots for not thinking of this for the weaker people) and when you open the door to hard it hits other cars, and when normal/light it swings back and crushes your leg. Second of all, it is a wide car even though it is small. Finding parking in small spaces for this small car = IMPOSSIBLE! the designers should' ve put more thought into this and made it less wide, more comfortable, and the door less heavy. Besides that the engine, everything else, design inside is perfect. But come on!

Worst New Car I've Ever Bought

by Mike from Chicago | February 17, 2015

This car refuses to go straight. It's a "floater". It feels like I'm driving a motor boat on a lake. You can't relax when you drive this car especially on the highway. If you relax for a minute you'll be into the next lane. I feel like I'm driving a 67 chevy impala that needs front end work. It doesn't pull in one direction it just goes left or right depending on the mood of the car. It's not fast and gets terrible gas mileage. Also the "premium" sound system sounds cheap. My last three new cars were hyundai. My last car was a tiberon which was the best car I ever owned. This veloster is a disgrace. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Awesome and zippy! Love it!

by Beehive from Texas | January 5, 2015

It was hard not to love the look of this car! It's very smooth when driving and comfortable! The uniqueness of the 3rd door makes this car even more fun to own. Although the power of the base model isn't all there, I really love the way it drives. I also get lots of compliments on this car.

2014 Veloster turbo

by Speedy from Okc,Ok | September 17, 2014

We went to the dealership to purchase an Elantra, while walking over to a blue Elantra, I heard my wife say, AHHHHH. I turned around and she eyeballing the Turbo Veloster. We test drove the vehicle and was sold. The turbo has awesome power and great gas mileage. The Veloster came with all the options. We are adding racing stripes and a ground effect package onto the car.

2014 Turbo Veloster

by Jim from Bethlehem, PA | August 19, 2014

We just purchased the 2014 turbo Veloster his August and wasn't disappointed. This was a replacement for our 2004 Honda Accord, which is deteriorating in gas mileage. After test driving the base model and the turbo, we chose the turbo for the extra HP and better suspension and great gas mileage. As others have said, it is a fun car to drive as it is very responsive when stepping on the gas, especially in manual mode. The car came with the tech package the panoramic roof which the kids find very cool. Came with Blue Link, navigation and back up camera. Great car!

2014 Veloster

by Auto buyer from Southern California | August 8, 2014

Loved cars since I was 6 years old. I'm 46 now owned and driven many autos. Love the cars that people at the gas station stop you and say; "what is that car, it's very cool". This is one of those autos. Crazy about it, yet may trade up to the turbo as this one is a little weak on hp. Still a great get around city auto.

Love this car! Great purchase!

by Susanne from Shreveport, LA | August 5, 2014

This is a great car, the "total package." It looks good, it's fun to drive, it has plenty of pep (I have the turbo), ample space, and lots of "bells and whistles" which make it a great value for the money and it is a solidly built car. The only thing I don't like about it is the third door...I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why on EARTH they put the rear door on the passenger side. Why? WHY, WHY, WHY??? Pure lunacy! Other than that, I adore this car. If you buy a Veloster, you won't regret it..

Veloster Turbo Delivers

by Smack Dab from Hollywood, California, USA | July 1, 2014

My wife wanted a third car to scoot around town with. She saw a Veloster on the street and wondered what is that? Anyway, went to a Hyundai dealer and checked it out. The base model with auto transmission, forget it. Not quick, kind of sluggish. But then got in a turbo model with auto transmission that can be used as a manual with paddle shifters, larger engine and loaded except for the optional sunroof as none was available on the lot. Anyway, whole different animal! Great car! The engine has a nice little growl, the ride is firm but smooth, and when you step on it, it goes! Really fun to drive. Great gas mileage. I started out driving it like a regular car, but it really likes to be driven like a sports car, which, as it turns out, it is! Get the turbo.

Most Awesome Car I've EVER Owned!

by Green Knight from Wayne, NJ | January 20, 2014

My wife and I waited over 2 years to buy the Veloster Turbo in black pearl manual transmission and it was well worth the wait. We have 1 of only 2 Black Veloster Turbo's with the Ultimate Package and manual transmission in the Northeast and we love it! This car is mean and fast and people take notice. We've received many compliments on the car and absolutely love the styling and performance. The full panoramic moon roof and interactive voice command computer gives you the feel of being in a space ship.The Blue Link gives you the peace of mind knowing that if you need it, help is only a button push away. I Love this car!