2015 Hyundai Sonata

Starting MSRP

Overall

Great Car

by Lance from Queens, NY | June 22, 2016

I bought my Sonata SE about a year ago and love it. Good looks, handles great and great gas mileage. Its not perfect but its a good value for your buck. Love the fact that it has 4 way disk breaks, if I had to pick on what I don't like that would be the placement of the clock.

From Camry to Sonata ECO

by Tony from Charleston, IL | June 17, 2016

I am a long time driver of the Toyota Camry because of it stellar reliability and smooth ride. However, I recently bought a 2015 Hyundai Sonata Eco and I am quite impressed. The Sonata Eco feels quite composed on the road. The seats are comfortable and ride comfort is excellent. The 1.6L turbo with dual clutch transmission also makes it fun to drive. This car is fast, agile and economical. I am averaging around 35 mpg on highways at speeds between 75-80mph. I don't know about long term dependability because this is my first Hyundai, but the 10 year warranty is certainly nice to have. If you are in the market, take a look at the Sonata Eco. It is a very pleasant surprise.

2015 Sonata Sport

by Uncle Ricky from Maple Grove, MN | June 1, 2016

I have been extremely pleased with this car. With that being said I only drive it in Sport mode otherwise the engine is a bit sluggish. I love the sport mode, shifting without a clutch and if you know how to drive it can feel like a low end 6 cylinder. The exterior is a great sporty design and it's complimented with a sleek interior with a great touch screen. The gas cap can be a bit touchy with the check engine light. Then again I've only owned 3 cars in the last 20 years. I just needed to pay attention to putting it back on. The Bluetooth hookup is a great addition as well.

so disappointed....

by Valued Customer from Georgia | May 27, 2016

Bought a 2015 Sonata Sports in July 2015. It has black leather interior. I have had black leather in another car I previously owned and it held up for the 6 years I had it. In this sonata, the leather is already looking worn. The color has come off on the driver's seat and at the dealership the technician found it coming off the passenger's seat. The technician at Langdale Hyundai sent pictures to see if Hyundai would correct the problem. They denied correcting the issue because it is "wear," and not a factory defect. I don't understand their definition of how a leather seat can be messed up, "worn," in 7 months. They continuously told me this wasn't their issue to correct because the problem was from friction of me the driver getting in and out of the car. I am so disappointed that the company uses obviously cheap materials that do not hold up. What????? I have to get in the car to drive it. Why should it be "worn" in 7-8 months? and that is now my problem, not theirs? I will never purchase a vehicle from Hyundai. I do not recommend anyone else purchasing one because they do not stand behind their product. BTW, it took about 10 phone calls to share this concern with them. Disconnected from their consumer dept. several times. The rep I spoke with, David, kept telling me he was sorry. I can't believe I bought a brand new car and within 7-8 mths. my seats are messed up.

Better than I imagined!

by Impressed buyer from Kennewick WA | April 25, 2016

I took a road trip to Oregon from Washington state and rented a 2015 Sonata and fell in love with it, so much so that I told my friend that my next car would be a 2015 Sonata. I've had my car for a week now, I am very impressed with the mileage I've gotten just in town, I do a lot of driving throughout my week, I filled up a week ago yesterday and the gas light just came on today! My old car I would have had to fill up at least once by now. The other plus was how much space there is inside, I don't feel like I'm sitting on top of my passenger anymore, there is so much room! Absolutely LOVE this car and would definitely recommend it to anyone!

Great car

by Rusty from | April 21, 2016

We bought our car at Wholesale Auto in Wilmington NC and the guys there are the best!!!! They are honest and very efficient!! We HIGHLY recommend anyone who is looking for a highly well maintained vehicle to go see these guys! We bought our first Sonata from them, never had a problem with the car the whole time we owned it, so we went back and got another one!!! Thanks for all of your help guys for helping us get the very car we wanted!!!!!!

air conditioning flaw sonata 2015

by gkawakawa from dallas tx | April 11, 2016

air cnditioner has a deasign flaw. you are unable to run the a/c at a lower temperature. after a mild adjustment from high the a/c will cut off. so all you can do is turn it on and off. manufacturer said it is a design flaw and has no intention on fixing it. my car is 1 month old and have not gotten any help fixing it. it needs a new computer chiop to tell the a/c to adjust from high to low.

my sonata limited

by economic driver from Putnam Valley, NY | February 29, 2016

Awesome car for the price. I love this car. Performance, looks, handling, loaded. Buy one. Wish I had thought about it earlier.

Sonata engineering and manufacturing high point

by Rick Forrest from Bettendorf, Iowa | January 22, 2016

Looking at car reviews on Consumer Reports, Motor Trend, USA Today, and US News & World Report in the heavily populated 'mid-sized car' category lead me to discover the Sonata. It's a great car that has excellent interior appointments, easily connects to iPhone, good acceleration, and an improving reliability history. Hyundai has aggressively pursued increased market share with their best selling vehicle, the Sonata. Looking at the Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Subaru Legacy, Mazda 6, Nissan Altima, Chevrolet Malibu, and Ford Fusion, I concluded in agreement with US News...the 2015 Sonata is the best Mid-sized Car for the Money. I purchased the 2015 Sonata SE w/ Popular Equipment Package. The warranty and included 5 year road-side assistance sealed the deal.

Poor design for oil change

by Masoud from 44221 | January 7, 2016

You have to remove 14 bolts to remove a splash guard under the car to access the drain plug and filter when you want to change the oil. It took me 1-1/2 to change the oil that normally would take me 20 minutes. Hyuandai ignored my suggestion to add trap doors under the drain plug and filter for easy access. I would have purchased a Camry for the same price had I known this fact.