We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2014 Hyundai Elantra

2014 Hyundai Elantra
Available in 6 styles:  2014 Hyundai Elantra 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

Superb Car In Every Way

by MidGeorgiaGirl from Yatesville, Georgia | July 18, 2016

I am die hard Ford car owner but this car has changed my mind of owner something other, this car drives smooth and handles like a dream I have had my car for 3 days now and I'm very happy with it so far I am kind of disappointed that the sound system is not as high quality as the car and my tachometer is not digital my 2014 Ford Focus had all this if this car are all of that then I would be over the top with this car but you take some you give some I guess...

Completely impressed

by Margie from Lexington, KY | June 8, 2016

I typically am not one to write reviews but I am so impressed by my Elantra I had to. I purchased a used 2014 Elantra base model last October after having a hard time letting go of my tiny sports car. The comfort is excellent. There is little road noise. Drives smooth. And is sporty enough to not make me feel like I'm driving a "mom car". What has impressed me most however... Tonight I was rear-ended by someone going between 40-50mph. Other than two small indentations from the persons front license plate the car looks good as new. I was not injured, other than some stiffness and was completely impressed with how the car both held up and protected me.

Enjoying the ride

by LAT from | February 27, 2016

This has been a very safe and reliable car. I use it for commuting and long distance trips. Gas use is a bit better than average.

could pass a deal

by lee from nissan of lake charles la | October 30, 2015

my son and i when to nissan of lake charles to see if they make deal every day and they did. our saleman desmond help us get a great deal . we are very happy

sexy car

by old guy from Moncton, New Brurswick, Canada | September 11, 2015

I have been buying and driving cars for over 40 years. This car looks great and is comfortable. Excellent on gas and roomy (once I get my 6' 2" body in side). I love all the features and get it rust checked as I plan on keeping it 10 or more years. We have no regrets in our first year, as a matter of fact it is a better car than expected!

Great Car

by Drivalot from Wellington NZ | July 7, 2015

I am not sure what everyone else is evaluating but mine is an elite series II. It has almost all the bells and whistles. I have done 25000km in one year. When I first bought it I was okay with it but now I really love it. It's smooth and quiet and comfy and really good on gas, and it has no rattles. The heated seats put the partner to sleep so that's good. The engine has really loosened up and goes alot better than when it was new. Everyone who rides in it comments on what a lovely car it is. To be really picky, I could do with a slightly bigger petrol tank, but that would add extra weight, and it's far better than my other car for distance. I prefer independent rear suspension which it hasn't got though I knew this when I bought it. The doorways could be a bit bigger too, but then it would become a Sonata. Boot size is great.

Horrible

by Ash from Arizona | May 15, 2015

First off let me say that I did not purchase this car. It is a rental because my car is currently in the shop. Only good thing I can say about this car is that the seats are so comfortable. Everything else is horrible. I filled up the tank on Tuesday, it is now Friday and I have to fill up again. The acceleration is horrible. It literally feels like you have to press down the gas pedal with your entire foot rather than just pressing gently. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. There are to many blind spots.

Good car so far

by Arizona Test Driver from Laveen, AZ | April 29, 2015

Our Elantra is a base model w/automatic trans. Bought it new in June of 2014 and has over 16,000 miles already. Runs great, gets better than advertised MPG, well equipted and is very comfortable. Only compliant so far is the paint. Front bumper cover is turning dull and the paint on the hood chips quite easily. This is our second Elantra, the first was a 2000 and was a very good car, except for the paint.

Good But...

by Teamheadwind from Yakima, WA | February 6, 2015

This is a tough review to write. I really like my 2014 Elantra Limited. Seems to be a very solid car, drives well and gets great mileage. My gripe (and this is a big one to me) is that every time I start the car I need to push the "Agree" button on the Navigation screen. Hyundai claims its a safety issue that cannot be bypassed, I contend it's simply an unnecessary legal maneuver. This is irritating enough that I'll probably get rid of it for something similar that does not have that problem. Heck, even my Garmin "agree" page can be deleted.

Don't Do it!

by Beary from Citrus Heights, CA | January 23, 2015

Headrests push your neck forward, cannot sit up straight, long drives it hurts. Bad gas mileage, not what they tell you or on the sticker. Bought the car, never heard from them again. Brand new car, tires outside edges are Orange? Turned in a year old 2013 and this new 2014 doesn't have the tinted rear view mirror? What? You don't notice that till the next day. Also all the windows are not tinted for glare that came with the 2013 from the factory. So the 2014's are not as equipped with extra's from the factory because? Service department ignores you if you make a complaint. Don't do it.