We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

Information Coming Soon

Overall

The Man's Truck!

by RB Miramar from Miramar, FL | September 29, 2015

Back last April, I finally decided to buy a 4-door pickup but I wanted something different and opted for the H2 SUT. I did not like the regular H2 but loved the SUT idea. I bought my first one, a 2006 with 200K miles. It was in great condition and drove like a brand new one. With comfort and an amazing stability while feeing nimble - even with its size. The is a 3-Ton vehicle! The 2006 Hummer H2 SUT faulted by its engine and transmission. The engine is too light for the 3-Ton and the 4 speed transmission was rough. Even with such sluggish engine and transmission, and despites its noisy ride, I was happy until I discovered when looking for a way to boost its performance that the 2008 model came with 70 more HP and a 6 gear transmission!!! I immediately looked for one which I bought within 2 months. With the 393 HP of the 2008 model (boosted with a T1000 by 30 HP) this truck became ideal... I have comfort, power, weight and a smooth ride (on top of it, my new 2008 has the air suspension option!) To address the elephant in the room, the gas consumption, my H2 runs about 12.5 MPG in town. On my last road trip from Wyoming to Florida, I averaged about 14.5 MPG. Not bad at all!!! My advice, if you find a good one, get it... I am looking now for a 2009 one!

No Suv Better Than H2

by Shejm from Ft. Lauderdale, FL | May 19, 2014

This is my 3rd Hummer H2. I keep going up in years as I can afford it. I refuse to own anything else. I honestly can't find one thing I do not like. I hate it when they plaster all over the internet as one of the ugliest cars ever made. Who rates and judges that anyways? And when you tell someone you own a HUMMER they freak about the gas, what about all the big suv's out there like Cadilac etc and all the big 350 trucks. I too find little excuses just to drive it and that has never gotten old. I love my HUMMER H2, I am WOMAN, hear me roar!!!!!

Hummer H2 number 4

by Footfxr52 from Florida | November 30, 2013

Result the most trouble free vehicles I've owned. This one I just purchased, which makes my 4th, replaced my previous 2008 special edition which may an untimely demise when my wife impacted a tree at 45 mph totalling it with 117,000 mi on it. I might also add that no serious injury to my wife or son occurred with this tremendous impact. These were problem free miles with only a battery replacement and a water pump beyond routine service. I can't recommend these vehicles enough. I only wish someone would buy the rights and let AM General make them again.

Best truck out there H2 SUT

by H2 fan from Boston | September 9, 2013

You have to get pass the envy of all on the road. Hands down the best off road truck with command of the road. Very roomy inside and smooth handling. Not great on gas but what do you expect. Will crush a Prius easily!! Too bad they don't make them anymore.

2008 H2 Hummer. The greatest SUV ever created.

by Todds Ducati from Michigan | February 13, 2012

My 2008 Hummer H2 is the most fun you can have in an SUV. It rides like a Cadillac, is loaded with all of the options, and makes me smile where ever I drive it. It is the only production SUV that has a differential locker standard, and gets through any snow or mud. My wife drives it too and she fights me to drive it. My family always prefer to do our driving in it. It has almost 90000 miles on it and has not had a single problem. The only thing that I am disapointed in is the fact that I can't go buy a new one anymore. Hopefully GM brings it back. If not I will probably never sell it.

Hummer H2 2008 Black Luxury !!!

by Toohotty from Brisbane | December 26, 2011

Best car ever !!! If you want a vehicle that is great on the roads and off road. There is no car that compares to this car.

awesome truck

by humvee from | November 7, 2011

there are no words to describe the feeling you get when you drive a truck like the h2. i wish the hummer h2 was still being made because i would trade this one in for a new one

2008 H2 rocks!

by Love sweet rides (own H2, Porsche, BMW, Rover) from Metro Detroit, Michigan | March 22, 2011

I've owned this car for a couple of months and absolutely love it! I've owned Rovers and test drove new Escalades, and decided on the H2 due to its uniqueness, drivability, design, and the fact that there just aren't many out there. They aren't making any more, and I love it, so I plan to keep this car forever. My advice for an H2 shopper is to opt for the 2008 or 2009 model years, since the interior is vastly improved, and the engine has been upgraded. I prefered the 2008 over the 2009 since I did not like the rear seating in the 2009s (which were captain's chairs). I prefered to 2nd row bench seats that fold down into the floor, and I also have the 3rd row, which is very nice and comfortable for 3rd row. My H2 is quite powerful and easy to drive for such a large vehicle. I find myself making excuses to get in the car to go run mindless errands. Gas mileage is consistently 12-12.5 mpg for average driving -- not bad for an SUV. Pros: design, super fun to drive, luxury features, size, uniqueness, towing capacity, and the "cool factor". Cons: visibility is hindered a bit and gas mileage can always be better, but that's what you get for buying a large SUV.

Awseome

by bob from springfeild | February 14, 2011

I bought my o8 H2 brand new ( regular SUV Version) Fully loaded. it great. My girlfreind had a 05 H2 and now has an H3. However I have still kept my Plymouth breeze. I kove both cars but my H2 more

This Rig Makes Me Smile!

by Not A Minivan Driver from Olympia, WA | December 22, 2010

I never imagined myself in a HUMMER H2. I'm a vegetarian, mountain bike-riding, general contractor with 3 little kids. I could have bought a Pilot, an Expedition or a Tahoe. However, this truck stole my heart! It has all the necessities (DVD player, full 3rd row, plenty of space and luxuries like heated seats.) But instead of blending in with the suburban crowd, I have a ride that turns heads. And, they are usually smiling! I've driven a lot of cool cars in my days but my H2 tops the list!