2015 Honda Fit

Starting MSRP

Overall

Like it

by Happy from Texas | June 23, 2016

For the money I love the features. The choices of view for a backup camera are outstanding! The right view camera is fantastic to use. So easy and shows so much more. The manual is fun to drive. The car handles great in turns. Reliability has been very good. Yes, I've had 3 recalls in about 2 years time but they were handled by the dealer and all was corrected. Storage is fantastic. Sure, I could be picky but it is still the best car I've owned. In fairness though, there have been others with more problems than expected, guess I'm just lucky. Part of the issue seems to be Japan moved their Fit factory to Mexico. Nothing against Mexico but if they can't keep the same QA as Japan, it may be a better idea to not take a chance and look for another brand of car. But again, for me, I'm happy. Real happy.

Honda has fallen off a cliff

by Stingray7 from Phoenix, AZ | May 12, 2016

This is my 3rd Fit, and 8th Honda. There will probably not be a 9th Honda. 4 recalls in 1 year, plus other well known faults, including warping brake rotors. Second most troublesome car I have ever owned. (My daughter's 2003 Kia was the worst). What has happened to Honda? Do they have a clue anymore?

Horrible wind noise

by Honda fan from South Florida | April 25, 2016

This is my 3rd Honda, the previous Honda I owned was a FIT 2012. This FIT 2015 is EXL with navi. I love the car for everything else except for the wind noise, I feel like I have a window or the roof top opened, I keep checking to make sure all is closed properly. At my first service inspection, I mentioned that I thought I had a windshield leak. The car was taken out for a test ride, I was told that the technician also took a floor model out to compare the noise level. Their conclusion was that this noise is totally normal. I have never experienced this, I do not listen to the radio much when I drive therefore that wind noise is a constant. When I filled out surveys from Honda, I mentioned this annoying problem, I asked to be contacted only if they had a solution. Nobody contacted me, obviously they do not acknowledge this flaw. This is my last Honda I cannot accept such design flaw even if quality price is overall very good.

Not what I expected......

by Current Honda owners from New York | February 11, 2016

I had high aspirations for this car and have owned for 1 years time. I have owned Honda's throughout all my life and have to say that from the outside and a test drive this seemed no different. The reason I like Hondas is mainly because of reliability and a good value for the money. This car is a decent value for the money. The pickup is ok and the cargo space and layout for a hatchback is great with plenty of space to fit pretty much anything. What I don't like is the road noise....it sounds like a blender and its not nice to hear on an hour commute. The second is that the inside just feels cheap...the seats, the dash - just in general. Lastly this is the only car that actively fogs insdie of the car and its not good. My back windows in the AM are always fogged up. I think its some kind of Design flaw because I have never seen anything like this in any other cars I have owned. All in all this car is just ok 3 out of 5 stars. Its not bad by any means but its just not what I expected.

Most Reliable Car I've Owen

by Sports Car Enthusiast from Rexburg, ID | September 11, 2015

it is just what we needed. we are driving over 300 miles a week to commute to work so we needed something fuel efficient but we also love the amount of space. we thought about getting a corolla but the fit has much more room and better gas mileage. we average between 43 and 45 mpg.

First new car

by lp from Minnesoa | September 2, 2015

I did a massive amount of research before buying this car. In the end, it was the safety rating and backseat room that edged the Fit ahead of a couple other very similar cars. My goal was to find a small car with really excellent gas mileage to drive back and forth to work, but that could still sometimes work as a family car. And it had to be affordable and reliable. This car does that wonderfully. I have been driving it just over three months, and my average gas mileage is 39.9 mpg! This car works so well as a family car that we usually choose to drive the Fit over our comfortable and roomy (but older and not gas efficient) Impala. Even with tall teen guys in the back --usually just one or two, but we have put three in the back-- the Fit has enough leg room. The backseat and cargo space are truly excellent. The front seat is a little less perfect. I can't understand what sadistic planning went into the front headrests' design, but they are awful and make no sense. The best you can do is try to position them so that you never come in contact with them. This is not a car where you can kick back and relax when you are, say, waiting to pick up your kids from a late bus drop off. I miss having an armrest, and the driver's seat doesn't adjust easily or as much as I am used to. I also find the deep foot wells in front a little uncomfortable. This is the first car I've had with the steering wheel radio controls, and I really love them. The rest of the audio controls are difficult to use when driving, and using the touch screen, the way it is set up, is cumbersome. The CD player isn't very user-friendly, but you do have several other options for listening. Using the hands-free phone is not a smooth process either. I also don't care for the way all of the driving information, like the odometer, mpg, gas range, etc, is hidden in one little gauge circle. There are three or four little screens to page through to find the info you are looking for. The back-up and lane-change cameras are nice features and work well. The sun visors need some improvement. They don't really do the job. The sliding door on the sun roof is great for too hot days. I am seeing the separation in the back wheel wells that I've seen discussed in Fit forums. I don't know how much of a problem this will be. I have only had my Fit in the summer and I am very interested to see how this car drives on winter roads. It has been fine in heavy rain. The wipers and the fog lights are very good. I have already been rear-ended in this car, and I was impressed at how minimal the damage was. I was hit hard enough to be bumped forward about a yard by the impact. The only damage was the two holes left by the other car's licence plate bolts. I was expecting the whole back bumper to be cracked. Overall, I am super happy with this car. For the price, and for such varied needs, I would not expect any car to be perfect, but the Fit comes close. It is cute and fun and makes me happy to drive. It is worth it for the great gas mileage alone.

Great Little Car

by happyhonda from Baton Roufe, La | August 5, 2015

First tank got 28 mpg and it was only on the highway for 4 miles. It has punch and style. I liked the "Econ" feature and I can tell a difference in the performance of the car when it is on - totally worth it - but it lets you know how your driving is effecting your gas mileage. I like that. Great little car for the money but actually will carry more things than you would think because of its design. The side, I have seen, is very similar to the Prius and I am curious if I'm not getting the same mpg in the long run, without the Prius price tag. It is fun to drive and even the bottom of the line in accessories has more accessories than I expected. Friends who have Hondas have told me they have never bought anything but another Honda.

Mini Pickup Truck

by rbrandes from Panama City Beach, FL | July 24, 2015

With the rear seats folded down, there is roughly a 4' x 5' area for cargo. This fits my needs exactly. I am a small manufacturer and carry goods to the PO and other shipping terminals almost every day. Around town I am enjoying an indicated 37mpg. The automatic transmission is smooth and quiet. The car tracks amazingly well on the highway and does not require constant steering adjustments to stay in the land. The backup camera is neet, but I don't use it much for backing up except to check for a kid or bicycle in the way. The audio controls on the steering wheel are wonderful!

Love My New Baby!!

by New Honda Fan from Oklahoma | July 22, 2015

I just purchased the Honda Fit EX a couple of days ago... and I love it. I read many reviews but could't beat the reviews of the Honda fit. People complained about the comfort of the seats.. and so far i'm not disappointed at all.. This is my first Honda and bought to save gas.. but so much more than that. Love the touch screen radio/computer.. Back seat has tons of room and with the easy lay down seats gives me plenty of room for groceries.. or large shopping trips. When i purchased 2 days ago.. i had 12 miles on it.. and now I have 233 . Great car so far!

Fit EXL

by bang for the buck from Scottsdale, Az | July 19, 2015

Big bang for the buck! The EXL has nearly everything you could want, except power seats and a light for the vanity mirror. EXCELLENT mileage as well !!!