We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2014 Honda Civic

2014 Honda Civic
Available in 10 styles:  2014 Honda Civic 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

I Love Honda

by Smart With Money from VA | April 30, 2016

What an excellent car! I have a 2014 LX Sedan which just rolled over 12,000 miles. It has been completely trouble free, excellent on gas, and a pleasure to drive. I love the bluetooth feature that allows me to talk or stream from my phone. I average 33 MPG's mixed city/highway driving. I plan to drive this car until the wheels fall off!!!

2014 Civic: One Wonderful Car!

by Hondalover from Plattsburgh, NY | September 13, 2015

We got our 2014 Civic last year as a new car. I commute 60 miles a day to work and back, and needed something comfortable, economical, reliable, and road worthy in the wintertime, as we have some long winters here in the Northeast. Well, now with almost 20K on it, this car has easily met my expectations. The car has performed flawlessly. In milder weather, I've gotten over 41 MPG on my daily commute, and a little lower (38 or so MPG) during the cold months. I love the exterior styling for this year, as well. Minor complaints-road noise from the tires. I wish the rear seat back would be able to fold down. That being said, I will consider another Civic, when my lease is up.

5000 mile update

by Civicman from Sacramento, CA | September 10, 2015

Just a 5000 mile update since my last posting. My 2014 Civic LX sedan just turned 14,000 miles on the odometer and continues to perform flawlessly. Just had it's second oil change and maintenance costs are extremely low. I use Mobil1 Extended Performance 0W-20 full synthetic oil rather than the synthetic blend that Honda recommends, as I feel that it provides better engine protection. Probably overkill, but it's cheap peace of mind. I hope to get 300,000 miles out of this car so I keep it maintained religiously at the Honda dealer.

I'm here to correct a mistake in my previous post.

by Another Car Guy from Miami,FL | June 6, 2015

After some fiddling,I was able to adjust the seat and steering wheel so I can see the speedometer and rest of the dash.I knew Honda or any other major car manufacturer would not produce a car with such a major design flaw.Since I've adjusted my seat,however,I've noticed that the iMid (backup cam/media/car info) screen gets a lot of glare here in Miami,where the summer sun is strong.I'm aiming to fix this with an anti-glare screen protector or strategically placed visor.If that doesn't work,I'm going to have to adjust my seat again and hope there's a sweet spot where I can see everything and reach everything without the glare. Car is still gong strong,and it's due for it's first oil change and tire rotation a little before 6,000 miles,which is fine considering I seriously abused this car when I first got it.Still a great car that receives my highest accolades and recommendations.

Overall

by charlie from | May 31, 2015

CVT jerks when heat it up. Honda technician said is normal. 2500 to 3000 requires to reach an optimal speed. Wheels do not spin when acceleration is increase. I would prefer the traditional transmission.

so, so....

by Picky one... from Palouse, WA | May 23, 2015

I own a 2014 LX, overall, a great car for starters and a great commuter, good gas mileage. The CVT transmission is great, has a little flaw known as "yo-yo effect" which can be really annoying at times. I bought this car with a "winter package" also, a great idea if you live in colder areas. So, you get mud catchers, plastic mats and a kind of a trunk bin and a set of regular mats for the summer... but the highlight is the pre-heater in the car, it lets warm air defrost and warm up your car as soon as you turn your engine on, really great little extra. With this trim there is no touch screen or so, just entertainment center which is great. To bad you only can bluetooth i-phones, regular phones are not supported yet. Greatest feature: rear view camera, ESP and ABS. so what are the negative things: only a few, but those weigh heavy: 1.fluid used for ac causes a film on the windshield, always dirty, I am not able to clean this windshield from the inside, I tried everything... 2. reflection in the windshield: no matter what you do, you have a reflection in the windshield, the dash is grey or dark grey and really should be black to not reflect so much you almost have to completely turn off the illumination of the dash board at night, awfully designed... 3. idiotic way of mounting hub caps on the wheels, again this is the cheapest trim and so are the hub caps but after changing the tires and using the same wheels, the hub caps came loose and are rattling on the wheels now, all people turn around and look at you because your car is really noisy at low speeds and rougher street surface so you are driving a new car that sound like a combine... 4. really cheap and a lot of plastic feel inside, now the materials gotten a lot better, so I heard, but still, nowhere close to a VW's or Audi's entry level car which I drove prior to this one Can't really understand how this reflection issue made it through quality control, it is so bad that I would call it a severe safety issue and if you have to drive a lot at night or even worse, if your vision is not a 100 percent, you will notice that there is a problem... In other words: I will drive this little Civic for a few more month and then switch to the newer model if those issues are taken care of or switch back to the competition...

Vtil Civic Hatch

by Altertedstate from Australia | May 12, 2015

Overall a comfortable car mostly suited to local trips having the advantage of "magic seats" a versatile car. Gas mileage is a little high for a small to medium size car. Good sound system Sharp looks. NOTE excessive brake wear accepted as normal by Honda 18 K Miles Rear pads replaced Front Pads AND Rotors next service. This is a world car so issue happens everywhere. Not good enough

Honda Civic 2015 EX-L

by Mr. Marsch from Sarasota, FL | May 9, 2015

I just traded in my 2012 Civic for a white EX-L. I was impressed with the smoothness of transmission and the improved responsiveness. It has really good road feel and the cabin seems to have improved quietness. Of course the volume control on the radio works but a twist dial is really needed. It amazes me that Honda has not chosen to install an extendable sun visor - which is simple technology and is included in the Acura ILX. What's the big deal. For my use it's a flaw. But overall I love the car. It's sized like the old Accords it seems. The price deal was great. The ILX was not worth the additional cost and the "dashboard" was not as scenic as the Civic. That's my take...

Great Value

by Civic Man from Sacramento, CA | March 12, 2015

Purchased my 2014 Civic LX sedan back in July 2014 and could not be happier. I just turned 9000 miles on the odometer and have not had a single issue with this car. I'm not a huge fan of the CVT transmission but you get used to it and it does deliver great gas mileage. Averaging around 35 miles per gallon in mixed driving. Car is comfortable to drive, quiet, and relatively peppy. Civics last forever and hold their resale value, so they are great buys for those on a tight budget. I would highly recommend this car.

Great car for the price

by Mayzie from West Chicago, IL | January 24, 2015

comfortable...gas tank a little small. Like the bells and whistles. Great experience at Honda of Lisle.