2012 Honda Civic

2012 Honda Civic
Available in 12 styles:  2012 Honda Civic 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

The way car driving should be.

by kkal from Boston, MA | February 4, 2016

You will read many reviews on how the 2012 lacks when compared to the 2013 and newer models. For instance, Bluetooth is not standard on the LX model, and the back-up camera became standard on all 2013 and newer models. With that being said, I was able to use this information to my advantage and bought the 2012 LX model at a very nice discount! I spent $50 and bought a good quality Bluetooth headset, thus saving quite a bit from having to either get an EX or higher model or buying a 2013 and newer model. Regarding a back-up camera, there are kits available that will actually connect with the I-MED screen on the Civic and the cost is fairly inexpensive. Basically, you can purchase a 2012 model using these key points at a huge discount and just pay a little bit more out of pocket to incorporate Bluetooth and a back-up camera! What I love about this Civic is how simple, yet refined it really is. I feel like cars nowadays are driven more by computers than the actual driver! I really like how I feel so much more in control of driving, yet at the same time, I have those basic electronic features that keep me safe (ABS, Traction Control, Many Airbags, etc.). The Civic is also surprisingly very smooth even at high speeds. The stock tires are great for gas mileage, but only so-so with wet/winter roads, so definitely look into some better quality tires (make sure they are low-rolling resistance to maintain high MPG!). The backseats surprisingly have a decent amount of legroom, though it would have been nice if the Civic had cup holders integrated in the side door pockets like other vehicles (however, you can fit small plastic bottles on the side). The trunk size is decent for a compact car and I have been able to fit 3 medium-large sized suitcases for the airport just fine. After driving this car for 6 months/10,000 miles, I would give this car a 4.5/5, showing that although there are a few minor imperfections, remember, this is a Civic, and this car will get you from any Point A to Point B! Simplicity, with a few nice toys, at its finest!!!

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by Honda Driver from GA | February 2, 2016

As far as Honda's go it's the best car next to an Accord. The power with an Accord is better but it will cost you more in gas. With the Civic most times it only takes $15 to fill up. Curry Honda is pretty good as far as having great well kept cars.

First Time Honda Owner

by RBR from North Carolina | January 7, 2016

I did a lot of research on this type of car. For years I was a die hard Ford man. I needed to by a new car and wanted to try something new. So with needing something that would be great on gas for my job I looked at the Civic. Impressed right away, have had the car for almost 3 weeks, bought is used a 2012 with only 22,511 miles on it. I am not interested in a lot of bells and whistles, I'm in it for reliability, something that makes economical scene and to gets me to and from work. It works great for my needs, a comfortable ride, have put on 1,000 miles in 3 weeks and only have had to gas up 2 times so far. The dash layout makes it easy to see without having to take eyes the road and its got a lot of pep for a small engine. I would highly recommend to anyone that ask.

Rock Solid Car

by Justin from Pittsburg, PA | June 12, 2015

I've had this car for almost 2 years now. I drive 53 miles one way to work every day, mostly highway. Driving at 70 mph, I average 44 mpg with an automatic, which is just awesome. I bought the EX-L which comes with leather seats. The seats show very little wear. No repairs to anything yet with just over 51k miles. Original tires only lasted 30k miles, which is poor for gentle highway driving. Brakes are still about 75%. Ride quality is decent for a compact car. Can be a bit bumpy on rough roads, but handles great. I love the dash layout and steering wheel controls. They are very user friendly and look very cool. The radio sounds great! I really only have one complaint and it's a minor one. The dash and door plastic seems kinda cheap and hard along with the carpet and floor mats. They aren't terrible, but feel a little cheap. Guess Honda has to save a few pennies here and there. Overall, it's holding up great and looks and drives like the day I bought it.

Nice Vehcicle!

by Honda Lover from Arlington, TX | October 5, 2014

I just got this my 2012 Honda Civic EX and I love it. The handling is great, AWESOME mpg for sure, and the dashboard is outstanding. I do have to agree that the acceleration kinda sucks and the motor noise, but the sound system covers that. I fill up my tank with $40 (Premium Gas) and lasts 2 weeks or a little bit more! Everyone in my family loves to ride in it and comfortability is great for us! (:

Most reliable & fun small car I've ever owned

by Go Lo Go from Pittsburgh, Pa | September 10, 2014

I love the over-all handling of the 2012 Honda Civic! Very responsive & stable handling! Very safe car with all-around air bags to protect you in any situation! After leasing my Honda, I bought it! I just couldn't give it up!

Well worth it

by Mr Scotty from Scottsdale, AZ | August 29, 2014

This is my second car to own, and among several I've driven. Thus far, I love it the most. The dashboard is an interesting departure for those used to analog gauges with the various digital displays and the LCD for radio and maintenance information. A downside may be the lack of an actual temperature gauge. However, knowing that the light would only come on during a problem makes this a minor issue. A good deal of road noise is transmitted, but this is easily drowned by the sound system. Handling is smooth and the car responds nicely. What stands out most for me is the fuel economy. Depending on how you drive it, the car can punch above it's weight. While it is rated at 39 mpg for the highway, I have thus far managed to get 42 mpg on a recent trip. This is comparable to hybrids of similar size. Despite the economic nature, the car does not lack power. Acceleration takes getting used to with the drive by wire system. You have to press the pedal a certain distance to achieve an ideal acceleration. This takes some practise. Otherwise, a very nice system. Braking is excellent too. Even during hard stops, it never feels as if I lose control of the car. Comfort could be improved upon, but otherwise it is a nice interior that is easy to clean. The paint may pick up scratches and chips easily, so be cautious with this. This is an affordable vehicle, even as a new car, and is well worth the price.

First Car

by Going to College from Delaware | May 11, 2014

All my family buys is Hondas so I decided to follow the tradition and I am glad with my decision. I bought a used Honda Civic Coupe 2012 EX for a great price and so far I have very little negative things i can say about it. The control on the car is very good and you really feel like you are in control of the car. The exterior on a coupe looks pretty good as well, the design is very smooth and sporty. This, however, is no sports car and you can tell it has a small engine when you put too much weight in the car. The fuel economy is great when you take care of the oil and everything, I am getting about 32 mpg going to school and back. The interior design is a little plain but when you get used to it it's not a big deal. Civics have a good reputation of being reliable cars so if reliability is key for you this is the car you want. If you want a reliable, fuel efficient car with a little power, this car is perfect for you.

Great Coupe For One

by College Guy from Indianapolis, IN | April 4, 2014

This is the third Honda I have owned and the second Civic. I traded in a Del Sol for the '12 Coupe and was happy to be in a new car at the time. Exterior The '12 Civic Coupe, in my opinion, had the best exterior design of any compact car on the market. The lines were very clean and sporty. Even if you did not get alloy wheels, the hub caps looked respectable. I also liked how low and wide the car sat. Interior This car has one of the more innovative interiors. It is hard to beat with dual dashboard displays featuring a digital speedometer and a media display screen. However, the fabric on the seats stained easily and had a strange texture. Also, in the coupe the back seat was a joke and more or less a shelf for my junk. Finally, the cabin was very noisy. I rented a similar sized car on a trip and was surprised at how loud the Civic was in comparison. Performance For an eco friendly car, the Civic has some pep. However, you won't get anywhere fast with the eco button activated. Comfort This car gives a great ride. I really liked the driver seat and how it encased the driver. However, the passenger seat was not as comfortable. The telescoping steering wheel was perfect for this car. Thanks Honda! Reliability It is a Honda... Enough Said! Value This car is very affordable, especially compared to other vehicles in its class. However, remember that it does need full synthetic oil. Of course this is better for the engine but I was paying around 85.00 an oil change which got expensive. Overall This car are a good value for the money. It brings style and reliability together at the expense of some comfort.

Love my new Honda

by Speed Enthusiast from Los Angeles, CA | March 31, 2014

Thank you Honda of Downtown Los Angeles and Eduardo- I purchased a 2012 Civic EX from here and I love it. My salesman Eduardo is fantastic- if you're looking for a car go see him.