2009 Honda Civic

Available in 13 styles:  2009 Honda Civic 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

Nice Car

by David BL from | June 17, 2016

For a family of three is great. fuel economy. nice performance. Nice driving. I also love the dashboard.

2009 Mid-cycle Refresh = More for less !

by Honda Jockey from North East NY | January 2, 2016

This is our 2nd Civic as we have had a Honda in our garage sine the mid-1980's. Our 1st Civic was a 1988 that was gold and called her, "Goldie Honda' per our daughters request. That was our 1st experience with the Civic but the size was similar to some of the early Accords we owned. I always like to buy after there has been a mid-cycle refresh so when the 2006 Civic arrived customers were both excited & hesitant due to a drastic change in style. After it became very popular we bought the 2009 Civic EX sedan. Its been the best Honda we have owned to date with the exception of our 2008 Accord. We buy the Accord when it gets it complete restructure, but the Civic we buy after the mid-cycle refresh. Now that the 2016 Civic is here and is causing the same response that the 2006-2011 has done, we will keep our 2009 EX sedan until the 2016 get it refresh some time near 2019. The 2009 Civic is the most fuel friendly sedan we have ever owned and we have gotten 38-41 mpg on 1-2+ hr trips to go shopping for the weekend. I drove from Albany NY to the Finger Lakes Region last Fall and on the NYS Thru-way Interstate 90 we avg'd 41 mpg over a 3+ hr drive. The only con or negative is we have the Beige cloth interior and the door handles are covered in this same color and from years of opening the handles show alot of wear. The seats are very comfortable, The digital speedometer is awesome & at night the dash lights up and is very safe to drive with superior lighting that is controllable(brightness level). We are now averaging just 3K miles/yr as we have retired, so our Civic is our around town car, & the Accord is our road trip car. When gas was $3.50/ga+, the Accord sat & the Civic was our primary car, but now $20 of gas @ $2.25/ga lasts over a month with about 250 mi/mo being driven. I am not looking forward to trading in another 3-yrs but if the cycle that the 2006-2011 generation Civic is repeated by the 2016-2021 generation, then the 2019 Civic EX will be our next Civic. Honda has a way of attracting you to their products & once you buy, your a dedicated Honda customer for life. Some lease & stray for 3-yrs, but they always come back and regret leaving. Just look at what Honda has for sale for 2016. A Civic that is out of this world, a Pilot that exceeds some Acura SUV's via the Touring Elite pkg. So if I were you, I'd stick around. Plus, Honda doesn't lease their vehicles to rental car companies like Toyota & Nissan have started doing which is why the Honda has such a strong resale value across the board. I love our 2009 Civic EX sedan, and look forward to the 2019 mid-cycle refresh for our next Civic, but I'm in no hurry for I will miss our 2009 'Ruby' Civic EX sedan. I love this car !

Needs more maintenance than most cars

by Molly from Sacramento | July 11, 2015

Too many things had to be replaced with this car around 70,000 to 80,000 miles. We had to replace the rack and pinion steering, the drive axles, the starter, the A/C relay, and the driver's side door lock. We would not recommend this car.

very happy with purchase for graduating college st

by Moe from South Shore, Massachusetts | March 24, 2015

purchased car after seeing it at cars.com and very happy with purchase; great first car for daughter; a little sporty and good power for 4 cylinder; good gas mileage, nice navigation feature and moon roof made it perfect for young person

Most reliable car I've ever owned!

by Honda lover! from Hopewell NY | November 14, 2014

I've owned this car for over 5 years. After buying & owning cars for the past 45 years (that's alot of cars!) this is the very first car that the ONLY time I had to take it in for service was oil changes & snow tire changes! It's not only very reliable, but extremely roomy & comfortable for a smaller vehicle. It gets higher gas mileage than the estimate given when I purchased it! It also handled very well in the snow! I'm extremely happy with this car! Thank you Honda!

09 Honda Civic lx

by Steve from Hammonton NJ | August 14, 2014

Great basic simple reliable car, Better after I upgraded by adding in navigation...Great on gas,These cars run forever and I couldn't pass buying this because of the warranty

This one has some horse power

by Jenn from Colorado Springs, CO | June 2, 2014

I've driven my friend's '96 Civic way back in the day, it was a cute car but had no horse power. I got on the interstate and gunned it, I was up to speed pretty quickly, I was surprised! Seems like the older Civics really lacked on horse power, but this one does really well! I still see older Civics back in the 80's on the road, so I think I made a good choice going with a Honda. Especially since the car I traded off for this (Ford Focus) was constantly breaking down, we needed a good solid reliable car. And not a super pricey car!

Very happy so far

by Kaylie from Ontario, Canada | April 2, 2014

So far I am very happy with this car. I bought it used a few weeks ago with 100k already on it. I got an extended warranty just because it's 5 years old already. Now I'm thinking I may not need it due to the fact that hondas seem to be so reliable. I love the interior space and handling of this car, it is very comparable to my moms mazda 3 except it seems to be more spacious. I traded in my 2002 subaru impreza for this car, so I had big expectations based on the reliability of that car. This car hasn't let me down so far and I can tell it has great quality (I've ridden in many Chevys, Toyotas and hyundias that just felt cheap and not well made). Of course I can't make a full review only having this car for a short time, but I'm impressed with how well this car has held it's value and still feels like a "new" car even though it's 5 years old. I also am in love with the fuel efficiency compared to my subaru as I commute 30 minutes each way daily. A tank of gas cost me $60 and lasts me a week at least. Couldn't be happier so far. The only down side is that this car seems a little slow to accelerate sometimes, but surprisingly has a lot of power when you go to pass someone. Perfect for me, a person who just wants a safe commuter vehicle.

Very reliable

by kickstand from Iowa | December 27, 2013

Pros:Fun to drive, tight steering,excellent vision, plenty of power to pass, good room for a small car,car handles very well, excellent fuel economy, I average 34 mpg , got 40 mpg on a 6 hr hwy trip, at first did not like the digital speedometer but just recently bought a 2013 Accord lx and I wish it had the digital one Cons: small gas tank, road noise a little more than expected but not bad for small car

Pleasantly surprised

by Mykar from Columbus, OH | October 10, 2013

This is first "small" car. After trying numerous used cars including Sentras, Corollas, and Civics, I was very certain that I wanted to buy a 2006-2011 Civic. Sorry 2012 Civic, you are too dang ugly. The car is well-built; the interior is nice compared to other small cars; and the gas mileage is awesome.