2008 Honda Civic

Available in 12 styles:  2008 Honda Civic 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Great car, extremely reliable

by Honda Civic Owner from Nashville, TN | November 9, 2015

I've had this model since May of 2008. My car currently is right below 100,00 miles. This car is fun to drive, handles well, has a nice stereo, and decent power. It's engine is smooth and doesn't feel like a 4 cylinder normally does. I've had to do a few things since I've had it. The repairs were fairly cheap though. This car has never left me stranded on the side of the road since I've had it. Things that were done for free: 1).Roof and Hood paint redone. My car is black. The car had 50,000 when it started to get the Honda "cancer" on the paint. I've owned several Honda's and all of them had paint issues. I took it to a dealer and got it repainted for $0. 2. Rear window hooks would not go back. This was fixed under bumper to bumper warranty. $0 Things that cost me money: 1.) I've had to replace 2 motor mounts in this car. I did 1 myself, and had a dealer do another. Total: $600 2. Had to get some airbag harness under the seat replaced. This was about $2200 done at a dealer. Total: $2800

Nice style, some cheap parts

by Barnabusss from Brighton mi. | September 15, 2014

Bought the '08 2-door coupe new. Have a love / hate relationship with it. Problems... - flickering dash lights -power window needed fixing twice -strange sounds coming from clutch pedal. Weird phenomena...sometimes sounds like a straw in your soda cup sliding up and down. Other times just creaks. -underpowered battery, was replaced under warranty. -fading (frosting) headlights. But has cool style, fun to drive, gets good mileage, and No major failures.

6 years old and running like new

by Ben B from Gainesville, FL | August 10, 2014

My 2008 Honda has kept in great condition. Its a automatic transmission, and I have never had any issues. Just regular maintenance. Gets about 300 miles on a 11 gallon tank. NOT BAD.. Great visibility, no blind spots. Stock stereo has great sound quality. My car is silver, and the paint looks brand new. I was it regularly and wax it every 3 months.

Happy First-Time Buyer

by AZEllie from Phoenix, AZ | February 17, 2014

Bought this car brand new in April 2008 following an accident in which my Ford T'bird was totaled. This was the first car I personally ever bought (recommended by my daughter and her husband who own a Honda). I have been extremely pleased with it, have taken 5,000 mile road trips without incident and recommend a Honda to anyone in the market for a new car. Have had only ordinary maintenance repairs. I did have to have the driver's side visor replaced by dealer because it had split.

Too Many Big Problems

by flyingump from Orlando, FL | January 17, 2014

- Visors brake all the time. I've had tme replaced three times and now I tell people not to use them or they'll break - Clear Coat is terrible and wears off (top and trunk top). Covered under warrenty but took a week and I had to pay $300 for rental car - Recall for the engine block leaking coolant - This is NOT GOOD. Haven't had to repair yet but I'm getting rid of the car before I have to. - Road Noise is bad Only Plus- good on gas For the money I paid I've been disappointed with my Civic Honda. I have a 2008 Odyssey which has been great.

Never Ever Again!

by Daily disappointment from Marysville, oh | November 26, 2013

I bought this car after extensive research and great reviews. I will never own a Honda agian. I have had the pads and rotors replaced 3 times withing 85,000 miles. Replaced a caliper at 81,000 miles. E brake froze up at 89,000 miles. She's makes a hissing noise when I depress the clutch. Now at 4 years of age . . . Half the dash fails to light up. I have never had to dump as much money into a car as this Honda. I love the way she handels. The interior quality is great. Thats about it. Mechanically, horrible quality. Do your self a favor and STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR!

Great car

by Ross from CT | November 24, 2013

The 2008 si is a great car and was designed for performance. The only down side is that it attracts young drivers who tend to abuse the car. It is very difficult to find one in outstanding condition, but can be done.

Good on Gas

by All about savings and from gwinnett, Ga | August 5, 2013

Even though the tank is not that big, it lasts longer and doesnt cost that much to fill it up. Comfort, what to expect to this size car . Looks good, kip the value . Engine, when you say Honda = many miles . Of course depends how the car is treated

Honda civic si

by Si lover from Phoenix az | January 28, 2013

I love the car .. Saw it online in the morning and I was in it by 300 p ...dealer was great to work with even gave me a couple of free oil changes and details.. It worked out nice I will defiantly come back to your site on my next car thanks Raul

Nice little coupe, disappointed with reliability

by Sporty car enthusiast from Freehold, NJ | December 7, 2012

When I bought this Civic in early '08 I had really done my homework: I studied the market for at least a year, test drove several makes and models, etc. I got a good deal on this car, the color combo I wanted with the features I needed. Gas mileage? Very good, with an avg of 30 mpg+. Ergonomics? Everything you touch (steering wheel, shifter, etc) feels good to the touch. Nice to have leather, heated seats and a moonroof in what is essentially an economy car. Now the negatives: noisy inside the cabin, seats became uncomfortable after a few years, and, worst of all, not so reliable! Brake rotors and pads needed to be replaced at 20,000 miles (!) and again before I reached 50,000 miles. No, I didn't constantly ride the brakes. There were several other nagging problems that you would think you would avoid in a Honda. Honda reliability? This Civic wasn't any better than my Fords before it. In the end, I would recommend this car for a twenty-something just out of college.