The Honda Civic Hybrid offers more premium options than the original but remains technologically unchanged. The Civic uses gasoline-electric hybrid technology to reach fuel economy ratings of 40/45 mpg city/highway. The Civic Hybrid's main competition is the Toyota Prius.
New for 2010
There are no significant changes for 2010.
The Civic Hybrid sedan looks as futuristic as the gas-powered models. A-pillars are practically over the front wheels, and the large front doors make it easy to get in and out of the car.
- 15-inch alloy wheels fitted with low-rolling-resistance tires
- Rear lip spoiler
- Hybrid badges and turn-signal indicators in the side mirror housings
There's room for five in the Civic Hybrid, which has two-tone cloth seating surfaces or optional leather seating surfaces. The Civic Hybrid has an interesting looking instrument cluster that's similar to the regular Civic's. It features a digital speedometer positioned near the base of the windshield and a large tachometer in its own housing that sits in front of the steering wheel. There's also a battery meter and a charge/assist gauge that monitors the electric portion of the powertrain.
- Air conditioning
- Cruise control
- Tilt/telescoping steering wheel
- Power windows, locks and mirrors
- Stereo with CD player and USB audio interface that works with MP3 players and flash drives
- Optional navigation system with voice recognition
- Bluetooth limited to navigation-equipped vehicles
Under the Hood
The Civic Hybrid features a 1.3-liter four-cylinder engine teamed with an electric motor.
- 110 horsepower and 123 pounds-feet of torque
- Continuously variable automatic transmission
- MacPherson strut front suspension and compact multilink double-wishbone rear suspension
Honda's electronic stability system is standard on the Civic Hybrid. In the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety's frontal-offset and side-impact crash tests, the Civic received the highest overall rating of Good.
- Antilock brakes
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags
- Active front head restraints
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2010 Honda Civic Hybrid.
Asking Price Range