2009 Honda Accord

Available in 10 styles:  2009 Honda Accord 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Eats OIl

by ROBELL from eastern PA | November 28, 2015

This car has been using oil since it went past 50,000 miles . Last oil change it used 3 quarts in 750 miles. Took back to deal for oil consumption test and after 800 was none on dip stick . Took back and they said to let sit for 15 min when you check . No oil in the pan means no oil in anything else that needs it . That means cam ,crank ,and pistons had no oil . Engine relies on oil in the pan as its supply . So they added oil and now 500 latter no oil on the stick. I am original owner and used to be mechanic so do know how cars and engines operate. Don't buy there is a recall on this but good luck trying to collect.

Most Reliable car

by tijani from stamford, ct | November 7, 2015

I made the right choice, buying the Honda Accord, even with 107 miles still like brand new. very confortable, and so smooth in road.

Issues!

by Hard Worker from Tuscaloosa, AL | November 2, 2015

I had purchased a used 2009 Accord with low miles. Things were going great at first, but then the recall notices started coming in. The breaks squeaked constantly. I had thought that it was time for brakes. When I did needed brakes, the car still squeaked. I had replaced the brakes on the Accord numerous times. 5 times, to be exact. The Accord was burning through oil on a weekly basis. Then I had received a recall noticed in the mail that the pistons were sticking causing the high consumption of oil. I will give Honda credit. They did extend my warranty to 125K miles, but my car had 145K plus miles already. So that would leave me on the hook to pay for the replacement of the piston rings. The 3rd brake light always rattled, like metal on metal sound, i couldn't get that to stop. The AC on low would make a noise that was becoming annoying. The car is roomy, good trunk space, gas mileage is pretty decent for a 4 cyl. I seriously doubt that car companies are make good reliable cars like they did in the past. I had a 94 Accord with more than 350K miles, The most I had to spend on repairs was $623. I had sold the car last year, and it's still running to this very day!

Third Honda

by reddawg454 from Houston, Texas | October 7, 2015

I'm driving my third Honda Accord and they've all been great cars. I love the one I have now (2009). This one has more room and drives better than the two I owned previously. I haven't had to do a thing to it other than regular maintenance. By the way, I owned a 1995 that I donated with 500,000 miles and it was still running great.

Honda quality says it all

by Scott from Glenfield, NY | July 20, 2014

The Honda Accord deserves the legendary status that it is known for. We purchased our sedan with 35,000 mi on the clock and in 22,000 miles, we've done nothing except rear brakes and oil changes. The car is a blast to drive, especially with the 5-speed manual. Ours has the 190hp 4 cyl, since it's the EX sedan and it has plenty of power unless you're running the air conditioning. It handles like a sports car and the build quality is exceptional which is typical for a Honda. Drives nice, handles nice and gets great gas mileage for a sedan. We've reached 34 mpg on the highway. One of the few complaints that we have are the rear brakes, which we had to have replaced at 53,000 miles. Rotors and pads were gone, which seemed ridiculous to me. The other issue is if you run the a/c, it really soaks up the power from the 4 cyl engine. Other than that, it's a great car and we'll purchase another when the time comes. Highly recommended!!

great value

by jay from lisburn, pa | June 2, 2014

this is 4th honda owned and it is great. Best value of all car brands. Always been reliable and never had any bad experiences. love interior design and it is roomy. I love this car

Excellent deal

by Pleased customer from Tucson, AZ | April 19, 2014

Customer service was excellent, would return and recommend to friends and family. Pricing was reasonable, miledge was low, car was like brand new.

bad bad dealer

by worth nothing from new jersey | April 5, 2014

drove to the dealer after confirmation from internet sale Vanessa car is here when i come ask for the manager sure enough they show me car fax clean the car was in the body shop lol painting allover front nose is out try to say its touch up job they don't have any feeling of people time and of course she left for the day manger can not say a word very unprofessional

This car saved my life

by Thank You Honda from | February 15, 2014

I have little bad to say about this car. The rear brake pads wore relatively quickly, but otherwise I never had to take it in for service and it had 70k miles on it. Unfortunately, a driver t-boned my vehicle at 45 mph and the car is totaled. Considering the speed of impact and size of the other car, I could've been severely injured, but the curtain airbags and safety features protected me enough that I walked away with nothing but a glass cut and bruises. If safety is a concern, I would definitely trust this vehicle again.

Just What We Wanted

by DFleet from Springfield, il | February 18, 2013

We were looking for a pre-owned Honda Accord in excellent condition with low mileage at a reasonable price, and we found it @ Honda of IL, Springfield, IL. So far, just right. Rides well. Has good basic features. A good addition to the family fleet.