2008 Honda Accord

2008 Honda Accord
Available in 10 styles:  2008 Honda Accord 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

No more buy Honda car of any year

by Eat healty fruit from Chester, VA | April 1, 2016

I bought new 2008 Honda Accord, 4-cylinder. At 54,000 miles start burning oil about two and half quarter per 4000 miles.Today 60,000 miles. Also last September 2015 received a warranty extension latter from Honda Mfr. noted model 2008 to 2011 cars has sticking piston rings resulting in high engine oil consumption and warranty covers for 8 years and 125,000 miles which ever comes first. I have only two weeks left in warranty. Took to Honda dealer who told me that if car consuming oil one quarter for every 1000 miles they will repair otherwise not qualified, so my Honda not qualified and dealer does not care any more, told me to check oil level and keep adding oil. Found Honda Mfr. changed engine design specification in 2008 and messed up and now consumer will suffer. So I strongly advised not to buy any Honda car.

2008 Honda Accord EX

by Owner of 6th Honda from Scranton, PA | March 30, 2016

Oil burning a little problem (95,000 miles). Still drives like new! One of the best used cars I've owned.

2008 honda accord ex-l

by ndn sam from carlisle,pa | January 15, 2016

love this car. It had a 100,000 miles on it bought it from a honda dealer.Love the heated seats. Been a honda person for years thanks to my three sons. You know some people you can never please and that is what I see when someone bad mouths honda. It has tan interior was a oen owner which is a plus, little old lady only drove it on sundays,

Very Satisfied Honda Customer

by AD_Honda Fan from Ann Arbor Michigan | October 2, 2015

I purchased 2008 LX-P as a Certified Pre-owned at 26,000 miles. The main advantage of the CPO is I got extended power-train warranty, 7 years, 100,000 miles. I had to use this extended warranty. This model has oil consumption issue. It consumed so much oil that I got the low-oil warning. I always follow the maintenance minder for this car and typical oil change interval is 6000 miles. After few oil consumption studies by the dealer, the dealer agreed to replace the piston (and the rings) for free. This issue was detected and resolved at 95,000 miles. The warranty was extended to 8 years and 125,000 miles after this work. Other than that, no other issues. I just fill the fuel, air and do the regular maintenance. The brakes and tires lasted for 90,000 miles. Now at 115,000 miles, runs better than before. Very happy with this car. Planning to keep using it till it falls apart.

Don't buy this car - 2008 4 cylinder v-tec

by Steve O from Albany, NY | July 17, 2015

This is my 5th and last Honda - I will ever purchase. Bought new - started using oil after the first year - Honda said that was the spec for this vehicle, 1 quart every 750-1000 miles. I have never had this with any of my other Honda's. Just broke down and found out the Timing chain went due to the oil consumption issue. Honda issued a recal - but alas, only good up to 125k miles. So now we are out $1400 timing chain, they will fix the oil issue if we split the cost - another $1400. Good by Honda motor company. You have just lost this Honda family. Too bad cause I love this car - comfort - look - style -

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by Car Lover from Cornelius Oregon | June 21, 2015

I absolutely Love this car!! It is amazing:) It has everything I was looking for in a car. Teresa Ford from Dick's Honda helped me out when purchasing this car and I absolutely love it. Has low miles, leather seats and a sunroof. This is the best dealer I went to while in search for a car. The people here are amazing:)

Still Smiling

by Working Mom from Charlotte, NC | February 26, 2015

I purchased this vehicle about a month ago and I am a very pleased patron. I had a wonderful sales associate by the name of Wayne C. He was very helpful in helping me find a reliable car that was in great condition, runs well and has all the features I enjoy which includes a sunroof, wood grain trim, electric seats, radio and cruise controls on the steering wheel. I am really pleased and enjoying my new baby. Now it is time for a road trip! Thanks Wayne for your help and support in my search for a vehicle.

2008 Honda Accord EX-L

by Lebo Falcon from Texas | January 19, 2015

I have had the car for over a year now and it has been okay. I have the 4 cylinder and the performance and handling are good. The leather seats are very uncomfortable and makes by back sore over short periods of time driving. It sounds like a hollow tin can. I have had to put in sound insulation in the front doors and the trunk needs it as well. Lots of rattles as well. It is a good value but you will probably need to put some more money in it to make it quieter.

Love it

by Mikedee718 from Queens NY. | October 2, 2014

I had an 2008 Acura TL Type S that I bought brand new that was totaled from someone hitting it while I was parked. I basically traded the TL for the Accord and I couldn't be happier. Obviously the TL Type S was faster and had 2 more options that I miss in the back up camera and the mirrors changing position when I park. Other than that this car is perfect. Much better on gas mileage and it has some kick. I have the V6 with navigation

Excellent gas mileage, and great reliability.

by Comfort and Convenience from Rocklin, CA | October 6, 2013

Only downside is the lack of horsepower from 0-60. Otherwise, it has excellent gas mileage. Very comfortable to ride in. Great leg room.