2013 Ford Fusion

22 city / 31–34 hwy

Overall

No New England Car

by Tired Tony from Lenox, Massachusetts | December 18, 2015

3 years and 3 ruined tires and 1 ruined rim. It goes nice and clean in the snow but you have to plan ahead to stop it. I never liked the transmission slow down the car on hills. I don't need a Jake Brake I can use the pedal. Giant touch screen makes me turn on heat when I'm trying to change radio stations. Tire pressure sensors go off about once a month. When you wreck a tire hitting a pothole it takes 2 weeks to get another odd-ball size 19" tire. This is a difficult car and I've owned a Jaguar and 2 Fiats so I know car adversity. 2013 Titanium is gone soon.

Hope They Got Better

by AllDone from Rockford, IL | December 2, 2015

Hands down the best driving car in it's class. Too bad that's all it had to offer. Owned our 2013 Fusion for just under 3 years and just under 33,000 miles. Were afraid to go beyond the warranty coverage because of issues with the car. Recalls and malfunctions seemed like a monthly occurrence. Four months after we got it, an electrical glitch took out the ABS, airbags and traction control. Car was out of service for a month. The transmission was beginning to not downshift smoothly in traffic (reported by other owners) and the recalls kept coming. In the 34 months we had the Fusion, it was in 11 times for repair and there was still one recall to do when we traded for a used Passat SEL.

Sexy commuter

by Adrian from Jacksonville, FL | September 27, 2015

I got 24 mpg city, and 35 mpg hwy. Bought it new, and I've driven over 40,000 miles already in 22 months. Great job, congratulations!

Couldn't be happier

by Speerdo from Nebraska | September 26, 2015

I couldn't be happier with my Titanium AWD Fusion. I test drove a 2015 Sonata and a 2013 Infiniti g37x. Ultimately, they are all very nice cars, but the 2013 Fusion was where the sweet spot was. AWD, tons of tech features, solid performance, and one of the quietest cabins I've ever been in (90 mph sounds like 20 mph). If you don't like technology, this isn't the car for you. If you do love your gadgets and tech toys like I do, you'll have tons of fun playing with the My Ford Touch and Sync platforms. They're not perfect, but nothing is. Really, the voice recog could be faster and more natural, but other than that I am perfectly happy with the infotainment system. It's ended up being the perfect balance between the Sontana's tech toys that I wanted(Android Auto), and the sporty performance and AWD of the g37x, and they will generally be cheaper than those other two cars I mentioned, albeit, a few years old than the Hyundai. Also of note, a lot of earlier Ford brochures and marketing materials show the cup holders having ambient lighting, but they removed that feature at some point, so many cars with ambient lighting will not have illuminated cupholders. Not a big deal...the ambient lighting isn't very bright anyways...but just something to be aware of.

Best car I ever owned

by Taurus63 from Washington, PA | September 4, 2015

This is my 2nd Fusion. It used to be that Ford stood for Fix or Repair daily, but I have never broken down, only general mainetance & wear & tear component replacement, pretty decent gas milage, and love the look. My next ride will, also, be a Fusion. I will only buy Ford products, now, since they were the only American dealers, that stood their ground & not looking for a hand out from the taxpayers for their over compensation of CEO's.

2013 Fusion

by slhelper from Wichita, KS | July 31, 2015

I bought the car new and have driven it about 2.5 years. There have been a couple recalls which have been repaired at no cost. Recently had the driver-side, rear window motor replaced, under warranty, because it was the window was sticking. I track mileage and the average is 27 mpg. High is 30 mpg. It has good acceleration and handling. I have the basic version, but stuff like A/C, cruise, pwr locks, pwr windows are standard features. Also has Sync which links via bluetooth my phone to the car to make calls. Main complaints are interior ergonomics. There is no tactile feel for the cruise buttons on steering wheel or on HVAC buttons in console. This means you have to take your eyes off the road. Specifically the HVAC buttons, there is a group of buttons with no tactile feel points, and in summer the buttons are ok, but with gloves on in winter, hitting the correct button is tricky.

2013 Ford Fusion MPG Horrible

by JC from Phoenix, AZ | July 11, 2015

Have never gotten over 21mpg in this car. Bought it used at 14k miles, now up to 44k. Plan to get rid of it soon. Recently replaced cracked windshield and wipers have become defective as a result. They no longer work the same as before. They make very loud noises and wobble all over the place. Also, I recently repaired an issue with the gas tank. When I was down to a half or quarter tank of gas, it would make a terrible "farting" noise and smelled horribly of a fuel leak. Dealer only offered to cover part of the replacement costs for this problem which seemed like a manufacturer defect to me. I'm surprised I haven't had more recalls issues than I've already had. Overall, MPG is extremely disappointing. It's time to go back to a Honda or Chevy. I'll never buy Ford again!

Stunning Looks and Reliable

by Carsenth from Little Rock, AR | June 22, 2015

We bought our Fusion used and have had no Mechanical Issues but have had a few Quality Problems. The gas lid fell off at almost 30,000 Miles and a piece of Plastic by the door handle fell off. Besides that no issues. It does not have a EcoBoost engine just the 2.5, I don't recommend it due to the lack of power if that's what you care about. Been averaging 22-23 MPG City driving mainly. Also noticed the Cupholders aren't designed well at all for the Driver side, Always bumping my arm against my drink while driving. Overall i would recommend it.

Best Car Ever Made

by CaseyLE82 from | March 7, 2015

I have a 2006 black on black Fusion SEL V6. It's a beautiful car. My car has 117,000 miles on it and in the entire time I've owned it, it has only needed one repair that cost $156 (which was about 3,000 miles ago). This car is the most beautiful car I've ever seen. It's well made, well designed, and even though my Fusion is 9 years old it literally looks like a brand new car.

Seats are not Comfortable and arm rest

by opchavez from Mt. Airy NC | March 4, 2015

I really love my car but there are a few things that just take away from my car. I'm not sure of why anyone would shape a car seat. It should be flat and straight across. When you shape it, then people who is a little wider then the middle of the seat before it curves, don't feel comfortable. The bottom of the seat sit to far down in the back and just hard to come to happy medium with it. Also I am not sure of why the door arm rest is where it is located but in my mind it don't work. Outside of that, I love the way the car looks on the inside it really has a lot of class on the outside also. The gas mileage is awesome. I love ford cars. I think they are built to last. But the seat just send me somewhere.