Despite the ups and downs in the truck market, the Ford F-150 remains the top-selling pickup in the U.S. and has garnered various awards. The truck's platform remains the same for 2013, but adds noticeable visual changes and slight refinements to the interior. The F-150 seats up to six people in certain configurations, and competitors include the Chevrolet Silverado, Ram 1500 and Toyota Tundra.
With a variety of trim levels, there's an F-150 that meets just about every segment of truck buyer out there, including those who use a light-duty pickup for work, play and simply to look good driving down the street. Truck owners wanting a custom look can choose the FX Appearance Package, which brings unique flat-black 20-inch wheels. The King Ranch and Platinum bring high levels of luxury, while the Baja-ready SVT Raptor remains the prime choice for spirited off-road driving.
New for 2013
For 2013, the F-150 gets revised exterior styling. Available high-intensity-discharge headlights look similar to those on the Explorer and Edge crossovers. XLT and other work-oriented trims get a new two-bar grille while uplevel trims have a three-bar design. Tow mirrors that power-fold and power-extend are available.
Inside, uplevel trims like the Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum and new Limited get MyFord Touch and its 8-inch touch-screen in the middle of the dashboard. Other F-150s get a new 4.2-inch dash screen for the stereo and climate systems.
The 2013 Ford F-150 is available as a regular cab, SuperCab, and four-door SuperCrew, and can be had with a 5.5-, 6.5- or 8-foot bed. Exterior features include:
- Flat-black-themed FX Appearance Package
- Available 20-inch wheels
- Available rear parking sensors and backup camera
- Available running boards or tubular side steps
- Available two-tone paint on some models
- Available tailgate step and cargo box side steps
FX4 and FX2 trucks with the FX Appearance Package have black leather seats with red piping. Brushed metal surfaces and black-painted dash accents also add a custom appearance. Interior features include:
- Seating for up to six
- Premium Chaparral leather seats (King Ranch)
- Flip-up rear seat on SuperCab and SuperCrew
- Available MyFord Touch system with 8-inch screen
Under the Hood
The range of engines for the F-150 allows truck shoppers to select the power and fuel-economy levels that best match their needs. In any case, the F-150's six-speed automatic transmission continues to play a key role in its fuel efficiency. Mechanical features include:
- Base 3.7-liter V-6 delivers 302 horsepower and 278 pounds-feet of torque
- 5.0-liter V-8 delivers 360 hp and 380 pounds-feet of torque
- Twin-turbo 3.5-liter V-6 delivers 365 hp and 420 pounds-feet of torque
- 6.2-liter V-8 delivers 411 hp and 434 pounds-feet of torque
- Available electronic locking rear differential
- Available towing package
Safety features include:
- Antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system with Roll Stability Control and Trailer Sway Control
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags
- Available integrated trailer brake controller
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2013 Ford F-150.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range