We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2013 Ford Escape

2013 Ford Escape
Available in 7 styles:  Ford Escape 2013 shown

Overall

Worst vehicle I've ever bought

by Long time Ford customer...not anymore! from Memphis, TN | August 24, 2016

Bought the 2013 Escape S with just 12 miles on it. I've driven it as my daily driver (mostly highway miles) and it now has 94K miles. First it was just small issues, a piece of trim broke, hatch handle came off, etc. However, in the last few 1000 miles my transmission has started to act up. And there is a constant rattling in the dash. I always make sure to have my vehicle serviced on time so there is no reason for this. There is a recall out on some of the Fords for the transmission issue, but not the escape of course.

worthless car

by Chevyman from Lawton< OK | June 2, 2016

I would'nt recommend this vehicle to anyone. Bought this car for my wife 2 yrs ago and I have had it in the shop numerous times and I have had to work on it more times than my last three chevy trucks combined. Everything from the skid plate falling off to the power outlets in the center console quit working. Overall terrible vehicle for a three year old car. Very frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Used 2013 Escape SE

by Mr Bill from Chicago IL area. | May 29, 2016

Only had it 3 days and an very impressed with everything about. (Smoked a kid in a VW this AM.) Bought my wife a 2012 last year and was so impressed with it I bought on my self earlier this week.

More than I expected

by George from Leslie, Ga | February 12, 2016

Used SEL 40K miles one owner, was very well maintained. I am 6*2 and have plenty of room, interior is very well designed and all controls are easily reached, steering is good but would like a little more road feel. back up screen could use a wider view, parking assist is great for the wife, rear view is lacking due to rear headrest. Overall love this vehicle.

Competent utility vehicle

by Jaguar driver from Lake Wawasee, Indiana | November 12, 2015

I bought this 2.0 L SEL used with 35,000 miles about six weeks ago. The pros are: comfortable, good performance, good MPG (27 mpg equal city and highway), secure handling. The cons are: electric power steering isolates one from the feel of the road, poor rear view visibility despite camera. It is a different drive than my Jaguars, but I bought it to tow my boat and haul stuff for which it is well suited. I definitely recommend it to my friends.

Uses car for Towing

The windows all four are really weak

by wolff from Iowa | September 25, 2015

The motors in the windows are very slow and week. If you live in the Midwest sometimes you have to start the car and turn on the heat or windows wont go up or down. The ford mechanic told me he had a fusion that does the same thing. It needs a recall because I have seen other complaints

Don't do it. Too bouncy, vibrates, uncomfortable

by CA buyer from Elk Grove, CA | August 7, 2015

So sorry I bought this. Huge back pain due to vibration and bouncy ride. Seats not comfortable. Fun to drive, but already I can feel the transmission not performing smoothly when I shift to reverse. Looking to trade out as soon as possible.

Love my green Escape

by Escaper from Utah | June 27, 2015

It's used but only 6,000 miles and I am really enjoying my green Escape! It even has a sunroof! We looked at quite a few cars but loved the "Crushed glass" color of shimmery green.

I want to Escape!

by Breezy from High Springs, FL | May 28, 2015

My escape drives like a dream come true. There is a lot of new gadgets on the dashboard, but they are easy to learn. Highly recommend it to friends. Don't need to recommend it to my family as now there are three escapes in my family.

Great car, few problems

by FordEscapeLover from Leola, PA | May 1, 2015

Well, I love the new look of the Escape. My mom owns the top-of-the-line (loaded like a Titanium except for foot-activated liftgate and heated & cooled leather seats) SE 1.6L turbocharged EcoBoost with the Intelligent 4WD system. The EcoBoost feels like a V6, and sounds like a V8 thanks to the sound enhancement. The rear seats recline and increases my comfort. The only problem I have is that after sitting back there for a year every other week, the seats start squeaking when I sit on them or get off of them. The folding 40/60 seats are great! 67.8 cubic feet of storage is absolutely amazing. We moved with this thing, and it just is quite reliable. Though, a negative me and my mother are seeing is the acceleration. When she would go on the pedal, sometimes the car kicks into N (when this is not the case) and the car revs and doesn't move. She had called her dealer the other day, and they said that they can fix it, but it could be because SYNC needs an update. The best part about this car is the 4WD system. 16 milliseconds is fast. I have a feeling of safety with the 4WD. I now don't have to worry about my mom slipping and sliding around in snow, and possibly crash. VERY GREAT CAR, AND GREAT GAS MILEAGE (28 MPG best)!!! Well done, Ford!