2013 Ford Escape

Available in 7 styles:  shown

Overall

More than I expected

by George from Leslie, Ga | February 12, 2016

Used SEL 40K miles one owner, was very well maintained. I am 6*2 and have plenty of room, interior is very well designed and all controls are easily reached, steering is good but would like a little more road feel. back up screen could use a wider view, parking assist is great for the wife, rear view is lacking due to rear headrest. Overall love this vehicle.

Competent utility vehicle

by Jaguar driver from Lake Wawasee, Indiana | November 12, 2015

I bought this 2.0 L SEL used with 35,000 miles about six weeks ago. The pros are: comfortable, good performance, good MPG (27 mpg equal city and highway), secure handling. The cons are: electric power steering isolates one from the feel of the road, poor rear view visibility despite camera. It is a different drive than my Jaguars, but I bought it to tow my boat and haul stuff for which it is well suited. I definitely recommend it to my friends.

Uses car for Towing

The windows all four are really weak

by wolff from Iowa | September 25, 2015

The motors in the windows are very slow and week. If you live in the Midwest sometimes you have to start the car and turn on the heat or windows wont go up or down. The ford mechanic told me he had a fusion that does the same thing. It needs a recall because I have seen other complaints

Don't do it. Too bouncy, vibrates, uncomfortable

by CA buyer from Elk Grove, CA | August 7, 2015

So sorry I bought this. Huge back pain due to vibration and bouncy ride. Seats not comfortable. Fun to drive, but already I can feel the transmission not performing smoothly when I shift to reverse. Looking to trade out as soon as possible.

Love my green Escape

by Escaper from Utah | June 27, 2015

It's used but only 6,000 miles and I am really enjoying my green Escape! It even has a sunroof! We looked at quite a few cars but loved the "Crushed glass" color of shimmery green.

I want to Escape!

by Breezy from High Springs, FL | May 28, 2015

My escape drives like a dream come true. There is a lot of new gadgets on the dashboard, but they are easy to learn. Highly recommend it to friends. Don't need to recommend it to my family as now there are three escapes in my family.

Great car, few problems

by FordEscapeLover from Leola, PA | May 1, 2015

Well, I love the new look of the Escape. My mom owns the top-of-the-line (loaded like a Titanium except for foot-activated liftgate and heated & cooled leather seats) SE 1.6L turbocharged EcoBoost with the Intelligent 4WD system. The EcoBoost feels like a V6, and sounds like a V8 thanks to the sound enhancement. The rear seats recline and increases my comfort. The only problem I have is that after sitting back there for a year every other week, the seats start squeaking when I sit on them or get off of them. The folding 40/60 seats are great! 67.8 cubic feet of storage is absolutely amazing. We moved with this thing, and it just is quite reliable. Though, a negative me and my mother are seeing is the acceleration. When she would go on the pedal, sometimes the car kicks into N (when this is not the case) and the car revs and doesn't move. She had called her dealer the other day, and they said that they can fix it, but it could be because SYNC needs an update. The best part about this car is the 4WD system. 16 milliseconds is fast. I have a feeling of safety with the 4WD. I now don't have to worry about my mom slipping and sliding around in snow, and possibly crash. VERY GREAT CAR, AND GREAT GAS MILEAGE (28 MPG best)!!! Well done, Ford!

2013 Ford Escape Titanium

by Ravens2012 from Washington D.C | April 21, 2015

I traded in my 2007 Acura MDX for my 2013 Escape Titanium in November of 2012. Our first child was on the way and we wanted something new and had a set budget. We are typically a Honda /Acura family and suffice to say we have not been dissapointed by this vehicle. Yes there have been a few recalls but otherwise this car has been pretty reliable. We love the 2.0 liter Eccoboost, ton's of power but at 21.3 mpg's it's not much more fuel efficient than the MDX was. However surprisingly it runs well on regualr gas even though it's a turbo engine. Either way the Escape has a ton of features, has been reliable and provides a good amount of space for the 3 of us and our 70lbs Boxer.We have no regrets.

Nice car, but a lot of gadgety can go wrong

by tom from Hickory Hills | March 22, 2015

I'm a month in to my purchase of a 2013 Escape SEL. Loaded with a lots of gadgetry that we've already had on and off issues with. You will need an extended warrenty for this car if its loads - way too many things that can go wrong. Already had problems with it not starting (had to do remote start). That happened twice. Passenger side blind spot radar was not operating for a day - nice alert on the car to tell us that, but problem went away. Voice activated climate control didn't work - but, again, just once time. So, I'm assuming these little problems will add up. But, overall, a great car, great power for a 4 cylinder - that ecoboost is nice. You will not be disappointed by this car. Just don't expect all that fancy smancy stuff to work all the time.

2013 ford escape

by frustrated from Kingston | March 20, 2015

I am happy with everything about this car except the fuel economy. I traded in a Jeep Grand Cherokee because I was getting 19 mpg in the city. I now get 15 mpg in my escape. In the summer it goes up to 19mpg and on the hyw it may get a little over 20mpg. I took it in for an oil change today and asked the service adviser if there was something they could check. He said, if you have a service light on, or you have a complaint about the way it is driving we can check that. Ford has instructed us to stick to warranty procedures. What?? Just hook it up to your engine machine and see if it is working properly. Not happy with Ford right now.