We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2013 Dodge Avenger

2013 Dodge Avenger
Available in 3 styles:  2013 Dodge Avenger 4dr FWD Sedan shown

Overall

great value

by avenger56 from aberdeen washingtong | May 4, 2016

Bought 2013 at end of 2012 really good commuter car average 33 mpg with regular maintenance has been great car. 4 cylinder with power, comfort and economy. Decent room, interior could be more durable fabric. Overall performance is great. Had automatic transmission serviced mechanic stated there was really nothing else that needed to be done on these cars they are fairly maintenance free with regular oil changes. Would recommend this car.

Great Car, I love it

by Alyx from Mesa, AZ | May 2, 2016

Replaced my Kia with this car, and this one I really like. I bought it used at 54k miles, and have put about 20k miles on it. While it works great, I have had two problems with it, the first was a small leak in a transmission seal. No big deal, Dodge's power train warranty replaced it for free. Then about 6 months later, today actually, I smelled antifreeze in the vents, and shortly after the engine started getting hot (pulled over before it started to steam, was at 3/4 on the gauge before I killed the engine), the radiator hose valve connector snapped and sprayed antifreeze everywhere. Apparently this is a common issue. Besides the headache of having it towed and fixed, it's still one of my favorite cars I've owned. I feel safe driving this around. The power this thing has is amazing, it powers through everything without a problem.

Best car I've ever owned

by Darn good car for everyone from St.Isidore de Clifton Quebec | March 10, 2016

We bought this car in 2015 .It was a 2013 and only had 7000 km on it . We love this car and would recommend Dodge Avenger to anyone that wants a truly dependable car . I am on the road a lot and find this car to be a joy to drive .

Superb midsize car

by AuroraBorealis from Tennessee | November 30, 2015

I've had my 3.6L 2013 SE for a little more than two years now (bought new) and still love driving it every day to work. The power is unbelievable: after installing a cold air intake, the car went from being a dragster to a rocket (same engine as in my 2012 Wrangler)! I've never timed it, but I easily go from 0 to 60 in what seems like 4 to 5 seconds. Very stable and assured handling, quiet ride, unbelievably large trunk, and while not a Charger, still very classy styling. Interior is basic and seats are comfortable enough. Gas mileage around 24 city, 30 highway. No mechanical issues whatsoever. Certainly not the quality of an import, but you can't beat the sheer power and fun handling of this car for the price.

You get what you pay for - truth

by Champ85 from Bridgeton, NJ | October 17, 2015

The car looks good - catches a lot of eyes (I have blacktop edition). Quality of this car is ridiculous. Coming from a 2003 Nissan Maxima, it's truly unbelievable in even trying to compare the 2 cars. I've had my avenger for 2 years so far - worst brakes I've ever experienced on a vehicle. Interior plastics are starting to come loose. Starter of the vehicle is unreliable - frequent weak turnovers. Annoying rattle/tapping noise whenever brakes are applied at idle. You can actually see the hood of the car vibrate while driving down the road. All in all, I feel that you truly get what you pay for. Buyers beware

Happy I own Avenger

by Car cry baby from | September 27, 2015

Hemorrhaged money to my 03 Buick Rendezvous, Broke down on a regular basis. LOVE MY AVENGER..! I have a worry free warranty, 5 years 100 k left on it., also have a 90 day Bumper to Bumper.

HORRIBLE CAR

by dejaelyse from California | March 18, 2015

I came from a dodge neon to an avenger and thought it was a come up. BOOOY was I DEAD WRONG !! this car is horrible not even a year into having my car im having a lot of issues with it. The breaks screech really loud when I back up. This started happening maybe 6 months after I bought the car. Also the USB cable on the inside of my car works when it wants to . And last when im coming to a stop its almost sounds like the whole bottom of my car is going to fall off. This car is horrible and the people over at DODGE are even worse they could care less about any of this.

hertz car sales

by mikayla from bardstown rd, louisville KY | February 20, 2015

these guys are awesome! As frustrating and stressful car shopping can become they made sure my every need was desired! style price and time management, they were very understanding and patient with my nagging and cautious self lol. check them out they are by far the best run for your money in Louisville.... I went everywhere. so happy I ran across tem! thanks again, chris & kurt! :)

Decent "commuter" car. But bad MPG.

by John from Brunswick County, NC | February 9, 2015

I bought this car in November of 2013 brand new and now in February of 2015 it has just under 60,000 miles on it. Other than putting new tires on (the goodyear Eagle LS2s it came with were awful in rain) and new brake pads I haven't had to do anything to the car. But, being the kind of driver I am I like horsepower and torque even though I bought the 4-cylinder model, I installed a performance chip and forced air intake along with catback exhaust and did a few tunes because the car seems to weigh too much for the small engine to really get up and go the way I'm used to. I owned a 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS before, but traded up for better fuel economy....I did not get it. The fuel economy of the little 2.4L I-4 suffers due to the car being so heavy. I get on average 15-17mpg. The car also idles at 2100RPM which is odd...considering the 6.2L V8 I had before idled around 1200RPM max...and my fiance's 1.6L EcoBoost idles at around 800rpm so it just seems high. If you are thinking of buying this car get the V6. The I-4 gets bad mileage and is sluggish due to the weight ratio. BUT...it is VERY reliable. Never had a single hiccup in over a year and I drive over 50,000 miles per year.

not worth it

by Stranded on the highways from Ohio | February 6, 2015

I bought my 2013 avenger brand new almost 2 years ago. Until now I haven't had any major problems, just a tough adjustment from a speedy mazda to a slow to get going dodge. Anyways, this morning my check engine light came on, so I called the mechanic and told him the codes that came up (malfunction of cylinder 3 and something about coils?) but he said I was okay to drive...... He was wrong 45 minutes later I was on the highway when my car died. I don't know the specifics yet of what's wrong, but a 2 year old car shouldn't be dead.