The Dodge Avenger shores up Chrysler's midsize-sedan lineup. The Avenger succeeds the Stratus and plays a sportier second fiddle to Chrysler's Sebring sedan. Trim levels include the midlevel SXT and sporty R/T. The midsize-sedan market is populated with dozens of able competitors; comparable Avenger sedans include the Kia Optima and Ford Fusion.
New for 2010
The 2010 Avenger has standard antilock brakes. The base SE trim level has been dropped.
The Avenger sports a racer-boy look, complementing the Sebring's styling. The rear end looks much like the one on the full-size Charger, and the side profile draws elements from the compact Caliber. Up front, the Avenger sports a chrome crosshair grille.
- Body-colored handles, front and rear body parts
- Standard rear spoiler
- Standard 16-inch steel wheels with full covers
- Optional 17-inch aluminum wheels or 18-inch chrome-clad wheels
Inside, the cabin trades the Sebring's metallic textures for varied shades of plastic. A 60/40-split folding rear seat accommodates longer items from the trunk. For even more-oversized cargo, a fold-flat passenger seat is standard.
- Seats five
- Standard cabin air-filtration system
- Standard power windows, locks and mirrors
- Standard in-dash 12-ounce can cooler
- Available leather-trimmed seats and shift knob
- Available heated seats
Under the Hood
The Avenger is available with one of two engines: a four-cylinder or a V-6.
- 173-horsepower, 2.4-liter four-cylinder with 166 pounds-feet of torque
- 235-hp, 3.5-liter V-6 with 232 pounds-feet of torque
- Four (four-cylinder) or six-speed (V-6) automatic transmission
Safety features include:
- Standard front-seat-mounted side airbags
- Standard side curtain airbags
- Standard antilock braking system
- Standard Accident Response System that turns on interior lights, unlocks doors and cuts fuel to the engine after airbags deploy
- Optional electronic stability system and traction control
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2010 Dodge Avenger.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range