2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Available in 4 styles:  2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer 4x4 shown

Overall

Reliable, but has a few flaws

by Bored and waiting for class to start from Norwalk, Ohio | October 1, 2015

The car, when working, is a fantastic SUV, with good power and handling, good visibility, and comfortable enough to sit in for hours at a time. The problems arise when many of its defects start to show. For instance, the wheel bearings on this particular model go out like they are made of butter. I have replaced them three times in the last two years. Wheel bearings go out, but there is no way to mitigate this. It also has a problem with its pulleys causing a whine as you accelerate. For me, it was the idler pulley, the bearings wore out and caused grinding. It was a cheap fix, but it was annoying until I fixed it. Of course, the one I own has almost 130k miles on it, so considering how old it is, being 10 or so years old, it's very reliable as long as you keep up with routine maintenance and change the wheel bearings when they go out. I am not exactly a stickler for changing my oil or making sure the routine maintenance is done on time, and while it gets done, i'm sure most of my complaints with the car have to do with normal wear and tear due to age, as well as how rough I have been on it. So far, I have had to replace a lot of important mechanisms, such as an overhaul of the power steering system, a brake caliper replacement (somehow the piston was completely sheared to the left!), but maybe i'm just very rough on cars. The only thing I can say other than that, is very minor. The driver side trim is loose. That's it. Other than all of that, it's still like new, it's a 10 year old car with 130,000 miles on it, and it runs great, handles great, and for the most part, is a very reliable car.

One of GM's best trucks

by Trailblazer Mark from Howell, Michigan | March 13, 2015

I worked for GM when the GMT360 was introduced. I recall one of the engineers telling me that powertrain was overbuilt for this truck. I think he was right. I bought my '05 Trailblazer LT in '09 when it already had 139k miles on it. I'm the second owner. The truck was well cared for and I bought it from the same dealership it was bought new. It was used mostly to deliver small trailers by the previous owner who constructed these trailers. Fortunately the truck had been rustproofed so the truck looks great despite its life in the salt belt. The truck is very reliable. But, with any vehicle with nearly 200k miles it has needed some mechanical work such as front hub bearings, tie rod ends and brakes. But it's still a great truck

Great vehicle

by JE from Fl and Va | December 18, 2013

I've owned this TB since 2006, great truck, as you can tell from my rating, I have nothing but good things to say about it. Graet ride, solid, no road noise or wind noise probably the best truck GM ever built. Good handling, I recently had to swerve on the interstate to avoid an object on the road, the truck handled very well was able to control it with minimal sway, I am extremely pleased with this vehicle and plan on keeping it for a long time. I spend some time on gravel roads and driven through 8+ inches of snow, with 4WD it handle well and has never let me down.

Love My Trailblazer

by Ohio Trailbazer from Ohio | September 30, 2013

i purchased my 2005 Trailblazer in 2009 and have yet to have any major problems with it. My trailblazer is in excellent condition. We just purchased a Ford EXPLORER, Don;t care for it. We kept our trailblazer (thank goodness). It would be a wonderful thing if chevy decides to make this type model again!

DONT BUY!!!

by luckytolive from iowa | August 31, 2013

nothing was wrong with my 2005 Chevy trailblazer ext other than than when i got into a severe accident the air bags did not go off. i first launched 90 feet off of a ditch culvert and landed on the roof and preceded to roll every witch direction for an additional 60 foot before coming to a stop and no safety features worked other then the seat belt held me in. i contacted general motors and they said there was no problems with the air bag system but there just want enough front impact damage... im lucky to be alive so be smarter then i was and DO NOT buy a trailblazer... I will never buy another general motors vehicle after them not doing anything about this issue

Made for Colorado

by Train Fan from | December 19, 2012

What can I say about my my Trailblazer.It's just fantastic.I bought used in August of 2009 just before I went to college and still have today.The 4WD system to me is just the greatest when there is about a great deal of snow we get in Colorado.The ride is great.The power is awesome.The cargo capability is great.The gas mileage is great when it comes to road trips.All in all,the Chevrolet Trailblazer Is the greatest mid-size SUV on the road.

Oil and Gas Hog

by JT from | May 9, 2012

I bought my 05 Trailblazer after I had a wreck. I needed something big enough to carry around my large family (8 people). And to take long trips. I got this truck in Sept 2008, and ever since then I have had to do and oil change every other week no matter how far it is driven and it takes $85 dollars to fill up and I can't run a week on one tank. If I go up a hill the oil goes out the tailpipe. I went on a 4hr trip and I had changed the oil two days prior to this trip and I had to put 6qts of oil into the truck before I got to my destination. My brakes and rotors have been changed, my struts have been change, my rubber bushings on my upper control arms have been replaced, the fuel pump had to be replaced 6months after I bought it. I am pretty sure I have put a good $6000 into it. If there is to much moisture in the air then I can't lock my doors because my alarm will start going off, I start having electrical problems. I thought I was getting a good vehicle when I purchased this truck but all I want to do is to give it to someone who will take it. This is just a small list of problems that I have had with my Trailblazer.

My New Love of My Life

by Gold Blazer from Bismarck ND | May 8, 2012

My Trail Blazer rides like a new, its a good addition in my car buying history I have had know problems with it I see myself going on this site to buy all my vechicles .

Pleased with our purchase

by Silver Fox from Missouri | November 21, 2011

we found the car we were looking for, even if it was 1,500 miles away. we flew to Ft. Lauderdale, picked it up and drove back. very nice vehicle. nice people to deal with. just what we were looking for. have driven it at least 4,000 miles since, and it is doing great. also it was about $4,000, less than what we could fine closer to home.

Best vehicle i have owned

by Luv my Trail Blazer from Corning, N.Y. | October 26, 2011

It is the most reliable vehicle i have owned in a while. Drives and handles great, seats are comfy and is really nice on inside. I won't ever own a different SUV.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet TrailBlazer