Chevrolet's Tahoe Hybrid full-size SUV debuted for 2008. It has room for up to nine people, can tow up to 6,200 pounds and the rear-wheel-drive model gets an EPA-estimated 21/22 mpg city/highway.
New for 2010
There are no significant changes for 2010.
The Tahoe Hybrid looks much like a regular Tahoe SUV, which is to say that it features a relatively squared-off shape. However, there are a number of subtle (and not so subtle) differences between the two.
- Revised D-pillar and flared ends for the running boards to lessen drag
- Aluminum hood and liftgate to save weight
- 18-inch aluminum wheels fitted with low-rolling-resistance tires
- Hybrid badges on the front fenders, C-pillars and liftgate
- Large hybrid decals on the side doors
- Three new colors for 2010
The cabin of the Tahoe Hybrid is similar to the gas-only Tahoe, but it includes some hybrid-specific cues.
Interior features include:
- Lightweight front seats
- Economy gauge in instrument panel to encourage frugal driving behavior
- Standard navigation system with hybrid power-flow animation
- 16.9 cubic feet of cargo room behind third row
- Power-adjustable pedals
- OnStar 8.0, which supports features like Turn-by-Turn navigation and the ability to remotely slow down the vehicle if stolen
- New USB input for portable MP3 devices
Under the Hood
The Tahoe Hybrid features GM's two-mode hybrid system. It includes a 6.0-liter V-8 engine that makes 332 horsepower and has cylinder deactivation technology, which can deactivate half of the cylinders when they aren't needed. The system's first mode, which allows the Tahoe Hybrid to move on just electric power, just engine power or a combination of the two, is designed for city and light-load driving. The second, mostly highway mode provides electric-power assist for the V-8.
- Electrically Variable Transmission with two electric motors and four forward gears
- Rear- or four-wheel drive
- Can move on electric power alone up to 30 mph, according to Chevrolet
Standard safety features include:
- Three-row side curtain airbags
- Electronic stability system
- Antilock brakes
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid.
Asking Price Range