We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2011 Chevrolet Colorado

2011 Chevrolet Colorado
Available in 16 styles:  2011 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 Crew Cab 5' box 126" WB shown

Overall

Great for the money (2011)

by Eric from Woodbridge VA | July 23, 2016

I bought this truck about six months ago, and have used it for many things that it probably wasn't built for. I got the 4X4 WT edition with a 2.9 i4 and a 5 speed. I have taken this thing off road multiple times. For fun as well as work. Just today I took it off road with about a thousand pounds of rock in the bed. Held up great. I was able to finish the job without any mishaps. I was a little worried about snapping the leaf springs, but everything held up great. Now for the bad. I really wish Chevy sold it with a six cylinder engine. That would be perfect. I have to tow a trailer every day with this truck for work. It says with the I4 it has a 2000lb towing cap. The only problem is that once you get anywhere close to 2000lbs it is very hard to get it going without stalling the engine. Another negative is the interior. I know it is a truck and should be treated as such, but the quality of the interior is pretty bad. The Tacoma is far superior in this area. I do however like the fact that my truck does not have carpet. It has some kind of rubberized plastic. This is great because when I get into the truck dirty or with muddy boots I don't worry about messing up the carpet. Mechanically I can't complain so far, but I would not recommend getting the leveling kits that are sold for this truck. I bought one from Rough Country for about 60 or 70 dollars. The problem with that is if you actually take it off road the torsion bars will crush/dent the catalytic converter. It got to the point with my truck where I had to cut/weld a new piece of exhaust tubing in. I get surprisingly good gas mileage for a truck. I believe it is somewhere around 25 mpg which is great because I get a lot of highway miles.All in all I love this truck. It is a hard working truck that seems to be very durable. My next truck may be the Silverado, but for now it is great. If you need to tow any heavy loads I would recommend looking elsewhere, but anything lighter than 2000lbs you are golden.

Chevy Colorado Work Truck

by Wiltec Work Truck from Ann Arbor | August 26, 2015

This truck has it all. Runs and drives nice and could be used for multi purpose weather hauling equipment or commercial construction.

so so

by stan from vero beach, Fla. | November 27, 2012

Its a stick shift and rather STIFF--and it sometimes "hangs up"--otherwise good petal and ride-no complaints there-

2011 Colorado

by Matty from Winsed, CT | August 11, 2012

Bought this vehicle new in sept '11. It is the 4wd, stand cab with 2.8 5 spd LT. I like it but don't love it. I wish that Chevy had offered the 5 cyl with the standard trans. but won't, leaving me with only a 4 cyl motor. It gives a noisy ride at over 60. Good gas mileage. My steering wheel broke, will get it fixed under warranty. Price wise, it was about same price as a stripped Toyota Tacoma. It has however: stereo sat. radio with mp3, tinted windows, alum. chrome wheels, and power package (wind, doors, and mirrors). Toyota didn't have any options for the same price. Also, got my chevy with 0% interest rate. Again, Toyota wanted 7% interest rate (about 1,200 avg per year ).............. Anyway, I don't feel stuck with the truck, feel I got my monies worth. Lastly, the transmission gear ratios are odd. 1-4 are nice with 5th seeming like 6th gear. Yes, its like its a six speed trans without the 5th gear. 4 and 5 on this truck are too far apart. hard to upshift to 5 even on a staight away, forget a hill .. But, if U get into 5th gear, it flies and keeps up with traffic unless you encounter a hill and then downshift to the much lower 4th gear and hear it whinnn.. would be a perfect truck had it have 6 speeds..

great truck

by SAILOR Tim from Williamson,N.Y. | June 1, 2011

I bought this truck about 2 months ago and so far I think its great.The ride is smooth,the mileage great at 25+mpg and it has plenty of power.I got the work truck with the 2.9 liter engine,automatic transmission(my first in over 25 years)and the automatic locking rear differential.My only complaint is that the quality of the interior mouldings,plastics,and carpet fit is marginal.Like I said,Great Truck.

improved colorado

by dale#3 from massachusetts | November 29, 2010

v8 4whl. nice truck,owned 2004 good truck.2011 better,interior quieter,more perf. v8, better seats, bluetooth, nice rims,tires,2lt more bling.needs:no lower int.lighting,glove box light.dash blah.to new to judge dependability. (REM.#3!!!)