Though its siblings are the Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon, the full-size Cadillac Escalade SUV is aimed at affluent buyers. Competitors include the Lincoln Navigator, Lexus LX 570, Infiniti QX56 and other luxury SUVs. In the spirit of excess, the Escalade boasts available 22-inch wheels and a 6.2-liter V-8 with more than 400 horsepower. It can be configured to seat up to eight people and is available with rear- or all-wheel drive.
The Escalade is available in a standard size, covered in this report, and as the extra-long Escalade ESV, covered in a separate report in the Cars.com Research section.
New for 2014
Cadillac has dropped the Escalade Hybrid from the lineup. There are no other significant changes for 2014.
- High-intensity-discharge headlights standard
- LED headlights optional
- Side mirrors with integrated turn signals
- Eighteen-inch wheels are standard; 22-inch wheels are optional
- Power liftgate standard
- Seats seven with standard second-row captain's chairs
- Seats eights with optional three-person second-row bench seat
- LED-backlit instrument panel
- Standard tri-zone automatic climate control
- Leather seats with power adjustments in front and seat heaters in the first two rows
- Heated and cooled front seats standard
- Navigation system standard, with guidelines for the backup camera
- DVD entertainment system available
- Power-tilting steering wheel; heated steering wheel available
Under the Hood
- 403-hp, 6.2-liter V-8 with 417 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- Standard rear-wheel drive; available all-wheel drive
- Optional Magnetic Ride Control adaptive suspension
- 8,300-pound towing capacity (8,100 pounds with AWD)
- Standard four-wheel-disc antilock brakes
- Standard electronic stability system with rollover-mitigation technology
- Standard side curtain airbags for all three rows of seats
- Standard front-seat side-impact airbags
- Optional blind spot warning system
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2014 Cadillac Escalade.
Asking Price Range