The DTS, formerly the DeVille, is a front-wheel-drive alternative in Cadillac's luxury sedan lineup. The DTS competes with the Lincoln MKS, Volvo S80 and Chrysler 300C. The DTS seats five or six.
What's New for 2009
The 2009 DTS has no significant changes versus the 2008 model.
The DTS' styling is linear and straightforward. It is 207.6 inches long (the roomier DTS-L is 215.6 inches long) and has a wheelbase of 115.6 inches, making it larger and longer than the Lincoln MKS, Volvo S80 and Chrysler 300C. The model's styling is similar to Cadillac's STS sedan.
- Eggcrate grille
- Central wreath-and-crest badging and fresh front-end sheet metal
- New turn signals and clearer blind zone alert icons
- New roof-mounted antenna
- New exterior colors: Radiant Silver, Gray Flannel and Ocean Pearl Tricoat
- 17-inch wheels standard
- Electronic stability system with brake assist standard
- Optional Magnetic Ride Control
- 18-inch wheels and sunroof standard with model upgrade
The DTS can hold five or six occupants, with a choice of front bucket seats or a front bench. Total interior volume measures 132 cubic feet. That's about 6 cubic feet of interior volume more than the MKS and about 15 cubic feet more than the S80 and 300C. Total trunk volume in the DTS is 18.8 cubic feet. Interior features include:
- Burl wood trim available
- Speed limit adviser with speed alert feature on front driver console
- XM Satellite Radio NavTraffic and OnStar available
- Standard dual-zone automatic climate control (three-zone system is optional)
- Heated and cooled front seats, heated rear seats and steering wheel
- Adaptive Remote Start (with a personalization provision)
- Power folding mirrors, rain-sensing wipers and heated windshield-washer fluid
Under the Hood
The DTS is available with a choice of Northstar 4.6-liter V-8 engines, both mated to a four-speed automatic transmission.
- Base V-8 produces 275 horsepower and 295 pounds-feet of torque
- Quicker-revving Northstar makes 292 hp and 288 pounds-feet of torque
The DTS offers two optional safety systems in addition to the usual features.
- Lane Departure Warning system uses a camera between the rearview mirror and windshield to warn drivers when they've strayed from their lane
- The Side Blind Zone Alert uses radar to sense when objects are in the driver's blind spot
- Six standard airbags: side-impact, side curtain and dual front airbags
- Standard all-disc antilock brakes
- Standard electronic stability system with brake assist
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2009 Cadillac DTS.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range