We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2004 Cadillac DeVille

2004 Cadillac DeVille
Available in 3 styles:  2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Great car, with some exceptions

by umcc05 from Norton, OH | July 26, 2016

If you're looking into this car, it is an amazing choice. You're going to get premium luxury, performance (if you opt for the DTS trim), and a comfortable ride. Here's some things you'll want to keep in mind when you're looking: 2004-2005 model year only due to an engine flaw that significantly reduced reliability from the 2000-2003 MY. Do not expect the vehicle to exceed roughly 215,000 miles. Also, make sure that all maintenance has been properly done (with records) and regular coolant flushes that were done every 6 months and/or 40,000 miles. (That is preferred.) It is also preferred if you have a mechanic check the coolant acidity before purchasing, because that can show how often the coolant was truly changed.

I jsut bought a 2004 in 2016 yes that 12 years.

by Ice (Blue Ice) from Dallas, Tx | February 28, 2016

Wow only 101,000 miles, smooth ride, (what bumps), and since she a caddy we always avoid potholes here in the great State of Texas, a/c amazing, sunroof top, and leaning with relaxation wonder. American Luxury Muslce caddi. Very strong can pass anything if you wanted to. No problems as of yet, but God when they arise I will have them address and corrected; every vehicle you buy there will be maintenace to do. I love my new car especially after I add the vogue tires on her. Wouldn't trade for the world it's my blessing. From God himself. Thanks GM keep making them I will upgrade in about 5 years fingers crossed

wonderful car

by Laryy from | October 18, 2015

My wife retired in 2004. She had some painful back and shoulder problems from a car accident. We were going to take some long trips to celebrate her retirement but need the most comfortable car we could find. We took test drives at several dealers trying to find the most comfortable car for some long trips. The 2004 deville won out. I bought it new through the GM A plan and am still driving it. Our first trip was 10000 miles out west and deep south Glacier, yellowstone Etc.. Wow what a comforable trip, and the car performed wonderfully. I used Mobil 1 15000 mile oil all but one time and have it service by the book at the original garage I bought it from. The one time I didn't use mobile 1 I noticed the gas milage wasn't as good, the instant mpg didn't seem to be as high and the average was less by a couple of miles It has 134000 miles on it. I had the oil changed before my last trip from Ohio to Florida and it was right up to the top of the hash marks after we got home, 2800 miles This car is front wheel drive and on the long trips 2 to 3 thousand miles, gets between 26 and 29 average on the computer when we get home, depends on the route we take and time of year The computer is pretty accurate in this I checked it by speedometer miles a couple of times just to see. I have some engine check lights is my biggest gripe but its from bad senors. The garage checked the error and it indicated the transmission was not going into overdrive, but the transmission is fine I've had no major repairs only the normal tire wear brakes ect. If they still sold this car new I would buy one tomorrow, its been a wonderful experience. Maybe I was lucky. Car is garage kept in a heated garage and I avoid driving it in the winter unless we're headed to Florida. We have a small car I drive around town in the winter. I did have two repairs, the drivers window motor and regulator, and the drivers side regulator. They both broke within the last year. but for the last 11 years thats not bad.

STAY AWAY

by former caddy lover from SANTA CLARITA, CA | September 25, 2015

NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS IF YOU WANT A BIG LUXERY CAR GET A LINCOLN TOWN CAR MUCH BETTER THAN CADDY TRUST ME

Stay away

by Dave from Missouri | March 25, 2015

Buy oil by the gallon, as you will need to add two quarts every time you fill with gas. Buy a code reader so you can shut off the check engine light every day. Put a mechanic on retainer. Better yet, just buy something else.

bought this twice I like it so much

by cadillacfriend from PA | November 22, 2014

bought a second one after putting 160K on the first...Love the comfort and dependability. Love the visibilty, features, and I get 23 or more mixed use mpg! will buy a CTS wagon next.

Great Car

by RDale from Cartersville, Georgia | March 29, 2014

I love this car and its style. I am 6'3' and the size is just right for me. I think I have been most impressed with the gas mileage for this size of a car. I do mostly in city driving and a short commute for my job. I have been averaging 21.5-22.8 MPG and that seems better than most report. I purchased the car from a person that had maintained it by the book for the first 9 years. I know that is one of most important factors in my love for this car. It is just like new in and out. I love the ride and comfort of the leather interior. The sound system is great. I feel that the exterior is just a classy traditional Cadillac and I am proud to drive it. I would recommend this car to someone seeking to have a reliable luxury car without the new price. This car cost some were in the lower 40’s new and I am sure it was worth every penny at that time. Just be sure to look into the history of the care and maintenance for a fair report. I hope you have as good of an experience as i have with your purchase of your 2004 Cadillac DeVille.

Floating Enjoyment

by JEEP from Virginia | February 18, 2014

The ITS 2004 is beautiful, smooth, powerful, and seemingly reliable. I avoided Cadillac my whole life, and now I find I was wrong to judge them as poor quality. I got the DTS with the pearl white which seems to glisten as it moves by or as I enjoy it from different angles. The price is right at this stage...ten years old...We all cannot believe how we enjoy the vehicle. Wish I had done the Cadillac thing a long time ago...The Family of Cadillac were the founders of the city of Detroit and the logo is a coat of arms from that family. It is a car for the royalty.

love the car excellent value

by cadillac owner from Dallas,Tx | December 14, 2012

Good clean expensive car. Money's worth would recommend. The car is loaded with lots of features. Geat value.

Nicest car I have ever owned

by decor2 from indianapolis | December 12, 2012

The vehicle drives and runs like a dream. It is the nicest car I have ever owned. I would by another

Featured Services for this Cadillac DeVille