The Azure is a huge soft-top convertible that seats four. Until recently, the Azure had no true competitors. It now competes with the Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe.
New for 2010
The Azure is offered only as the higher-performance Azure T for 2010, receiving an extra 50 horsepower over the 2009 Azure, as well as interior and exterior additions.
Bentley says the current model's design was inspired not only by the 1995-2002 Azure, but also by the 1955 Park Ward S1 Drophead Coupe. The bumpers are body-colored, and chrome trim runs the length of the car's lower sides. The Azure's three-layer fabric top is hydraulically operated and can stow beneath a hide-trimmed tonneau cover in less than 25 seconds.
- 20-inch wheels
- Power, heated mirrors
- Chrome dual exhaust tips
- Auto-leveling headlamps
- Headlight washers
- Retractable "Flying B" hood ornament
- Available stainless steel bumper inserts
Up to four people fit inside the Azure. The company's goal was clear: to create an opulent and inviting seating area that reflects its status as a car at home in Palm Springs or the Riviera.
- USB iPod integration
- Genuine leather dash, headliner, door and seating surfaces
- Choice of eight wood veneers and 25 leather hides
- Genuine wood trim and leather
- Massaging/heated front seats
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Navigation system
- Optional 10-speaker, 1,100-watt premium audio system
Under the Hood
The Azure has an adaptive sports suspension and transmission, either of which can be set to multiple settings, including Drive, Sport and Semi-Sport. The Azure has a top speed of 179 mph and can go from zero to 60 mph in 5.5 seconds.
- 500-hp, twin-turbocharged 6.8-liter V-8 with 738 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission with Sport setting
- Adaptive/auto-leveling suspension
- Performance tires
The Azure convertible can deploy pop-up bolsters in the event of a rollover.
- Front and rear side-impact airbags
- Integrated rollover protection
- Antilock braking system
- Electronic stability control
- Traction control