The A4 was redesigned for the 2009 model year, returning in sedan and wagon body styles with new styling and a fresh interior design. The A4 faces competition from the BMW 3 Series, Cadillac CTS, Infiniti G37 and Mercedes-Benz C-Class.
New for 2010
The 3.2-liter V-6 engine is gone, so all models use a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder.
The A4's styling bears a family resemblance to the larger A6. The sedan has a small spoiler integrated into the trunklid, and two circular exhaust outlets poke out from below the rear bumper.
- Standard 17-inch alloy wheels
- Available 18- or 19-inch wheels
- Available swiveling headlights
- Available xenon headlights
- Available LED running lights and taillights
- Standard glass sunroof
Like some other Audi models, the A4 has adopted the German automaker's Multi Media Interface. MMI is a knob-based control system that shares similarities with BMW's iDrive and Mercedes-Benz's Comand system. It can control things like the navigation system, audio system and vehicle settings. In the A4 and other Audis, a knob and buttons on the center console are used to navigate menus and make selections that appear on a dashboard screen.
- Standard automatic air conditioning
- Standard leather upholstery
- Available upgraded audio system
- Available keyless entry and start
Under the Hood
With the V-6 scrapped, all models have a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder. The base sedan comes with front-wheel drive and Audi's Multitronic continuously variable automatic transmission. Other sedans have Quattro all-wheel drive and a choice of a six-speed manual or Tiptronic automatic transmission.
Audi's Quattro all-wheel-drive system in this application has a torque split of 40/60, front to rear. This rear-biased design gives the A4 dynamics that are similar to a rear-wheel-drive car's in addition to enhanced traction on dry and slippery surfaces.
- 211-hp turbocharged four-cylinder engine
- Available Quattro all-wheel-drive system
- Six-speed manual and Tiptronic automatic transmissions available
- Multitronic continuously variable automatic transmission standard
The A4 has six standard airbags. Available features include Audi Side Assist, which informs the driver when another vehicle is next to the A4, and a backup camera. Safety features include:
- Four-wheel antilock disc brakes with brake assist
- Side-impact airbags
- Front and rear side curtain airbags
- Optional rear side-impact airbags
- Electronic stability system with traction control
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2010 Audi A4.